Stay - Tao

The Heroes Saga

 

Sunlight flowed through your window and crawled along the floor to your bed. You blinked your eyes open and squinted at the bright light. You yawned as you lazily looked over at the clock that was sitting on the bedside table.

'I have a few hours till I have to go to work,' you thought as you turned over, facing your back to the source of the blinding light.

You were just about to close you eyes to get a few more minutes of sleep when you saw that your face was centimeters away from Tao's.

You smiled to yourself when you saw your boyfriend's sleeping face. You always thought he looked so angelic and innocent when he was asleep. Accepting the fact that you were no longer going to be able to get any more rest, you gazed at the sleeping boy's face. You lifted up your hand and lightly traced his features with your pointer.

"What are you doing?" Tao suddenly asked with his eyes still closed.

You jumped slightly and quickly drew back your hand, blushing creeping up on your cheeks.

"You were up this whole time?" you asked, slightly embarrassed.

Instead of answering your question, Tao just laughed and pulled you into his arms, resting his head on top of yours. You lightly laughed as you wrapped your arms around his waist and closed your eyes. As much as you loved the position that you were in, you knew that you had to get ready for work. 

"I need to get ready," you said as you abruptly untangled yourself from Tao and rolled off of the bed.

"No!" Tao exclaimed as he tried and failed to prevent you from leaving while still laying on the bed.  

You laughed as you walked to your closet to grab your clothes. When you turned around, you saw Tao still laying on the bed in a defeated position, causing you to shake you head as you entered the bathroom and closed the door. 

After about 20 minutes of changing your clothes and doing your make up and hair, you exited the bathroom to see, to your surprise, that the bed was empty. You exited the bedroom and walked into the living room of the apartment you and Tao shared. From there, you saw Tao standing in the little open kitchen that connected to the living room, pouring himself a cup of coffee. 

You walked over to him and he handed you your to-go thermos filled with freshly made coffee.

"Thank you," you smiled and went back into the living to grab your bag. 

Tao watched you from the kitchen, leaning against the counter as he took a sip of his coffee. You threw your bag over your shoulder and walked towards him, setting down your thermos on the dining table. Tao walked towards you, setting his own mug down as well.

"Okay, I'll see you later," you said as you gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

But when you pulled back to leave, Tao held you in place.

"Okay, Tao, you need to let go of me now," you said tiredly, "I need to go to work."

You sighed as Tao shook his head like a little child and tightened the hug that he was giving you.

"Don't go," he said in a sad voice, "Stay with me longer."

"I want to," you said as you gently unwrapped his arms from your body, "But I can't afford to miss another day of work. I might get fired if I do. Plus, I'm already running late."

Tao took a step away from you without breaking eye contact. You gave him a weird look as he continued to stare at you. The apartment went quiet for a few moments, a little too quiet. 

"Tao!" you scolded, realizing what was going on.

"What?" he feigned innocence.

You walked over to the window that looked out over the street below. There you saw people frozen midstep on the sidewalk and cars stalled in the middle of the street below. 

You turned around and placed a hand on your hip, giving him a look, "Make time start again."

"Why?!" he complained.

You didn't say a word and just continued to give him 'The Look'.

"Fine, fine," Tao muttered, "Just stop staring at me like that."

You smiled to yourself when you heard the faint noises of the city coming from outside once again.

"Thank you, I gotta go now," you said as you walked up to him and patted him on the cheek. 

"What's the point of having the power of time control if you can't even use it?" Tao mumbled as he plopped himself down a chair at the dining table and roughly opened the newspaper that was in front of him.

"I love you!" you called as you put on your shoes.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," he rolled his eyes as he continued to read the newspaper and drink his coffee.

You opened the door and began to walked out of the apartment, but stuck your head back in through the doorway, "Bye~" you sang.

"Bye," Tao threw at you with childlike anger, pouting like a little kid. 

You laughed as you closed the door and left the apartment.