Cool - Xiumin

The Heroes Saga

 

You and Xiumin were laying on a huge blanket under a tree in your backyard. Sunlight streamed through the leaves and branches of the tree, throwing patterns of sunshine across you and the boy laying next to you.

You turned your head to side to see Xiumin with his hands folded under his head, eyes closed. You sighed as you turned your face back towards the sky and threw your arms over you head. 

"It's so hot," you whined. 

"Sorry, should I leave?" Xiumin asked you with his eyes still closed. 

You scoffed whacked Xiumin's shoulder as he laughed.

You rolled onto you stomach and propped yourself up on your elbow.

"Oppa," you called.

Xiumin opened one eye to look at you, "Yes?"

"Do something!" you whined once again as you stretched your arm out in front of you so you were now face down on the blanket. 

"What do you want me to do?" he asked looking at you with an eyebrow raised.

"I don't know! Use your freezing power or something!"

"It's actually power of frost," he corrected, "Thank you very much."

"Whatever it's the same thing," you said as you rolled your eyes.

"No it's not!" Xiumin yelled as he sat up with an angry pout on his face.

"Okay, okay, it's different. But the bottom line is, you can make things cold, so do something about this weather!"

"I can't control the weather, ______-ah," Xiumin reminded you.

You threw yourself back onto you back dramatically, "Times like these are when I wish you could teleport like Kai or fly like Kris. Then we could go places where it's cooler all the time."

Xiumin bit his lip, "Well I have been working on something."

You lifted your head off the ground to look at him, "Really?"

"Yeah, but I'm not sure that I've mastered it yet."

"Show me!" you sprung up and crawled over him.

Xiumin smiled at your excitement and let out a sigh, "Okay, wait here."

You watched as he stood up and walked over to the area in your back yard that was filled with all of your mom's potted plants. You tilted your head to the side when you saw him grab the water hose that she used to water all the plants and pulled it over to the blanket. After he sat down in front of you, he turned the little nozzle that was attached to end of he hose and clicked it to the mist setting.

He gripped the handle and pointed the hose up between the two of you.

"You ready?" he asked.

You nodded your head excitedly.

Xiumin took a deep breath and closed his eyes. After a few moments, he squeezed the handle of the nozzle. You gasped with you didn't see water coming out of the nozzle, but instead, snow. 

You mouth hung open as you watched hundreds of snowflakes fall around you and Xiumin, and thousands more coming out from the hose in Xiumin's hand.

"So," you looked as Xiumin to see him staring back at you, "What you think?"

"This is so cool!" you exclaimed and lifted up your hands to catch some of the flakes.

A smile started to form on Xiumin's face as he watched your gather some of the fallen show that was on the blanket and start to make a small snowman.

"Oppa," you called out.

"Yeah?"

"Can you help me?" you asked with childlike innocence, "I know you're way better at making these than I am."

Xiumin nodded his head as he locked the handle with the little clip attached to the nozzle so that the snow continued to flow out of the hose. He set the hose down with the nozzle faced towards to sky and crawled over to you to help you finish making your snowman. The two of you spent the rest of your day in your little wonderland, despite the fact that it was the middle of summer.