Charming Him with Chicken Nuggets

Charmed [HIATUS DUE TO EXAMS]

Your POV

I sat down on the bed and began to flip through the pages of the old dusty book. There was a list of ingredients. Ingredients for the potion that I needed so badly.

"Let's see what I need." I mumbled to myself.

I slowly read through the list.

 

For the love potion, you'll need:

1x Strand of the spell caster's hair

1x 3 leaf clover

1 tablespoon of rose powder

1 teaspoon of chopped strawberries

1 teaspoon of sugar

15ml of rose oil.

1 fresh lavendar

 

Mix together at midnight, outside under the full moon.

Hold the potion up high and say your target's name three times.

Close your eyes and count to 5. 

Once you have performed all these, the potion will morph into his/her favorite food.

Feed your target with the food, and watch him fall in love with you, hopelessly.

Remember, the potion only works on a night with a full moon.

Good luck!

 

 

As much as I was thankful for this magical book, I wondered who put this on my bed. I wondered who gave me the opportunity.

Whoever gave me the book must have hated what Jonghyun did to me. 

 

Thoughts aside, I started to prepare the ingredients for the potion. 

I took a sharp pair of scissors and cut a little bit of my hair. Spell caster's hair, checked.

I went out to the garden and plucked a 3-leaf clover from one of dad's precious pots of plants. 3 leaf clover, checked.

I went into the kitchen and ransacked the refridgerator, drawers and cupboards. Rose powder, strawberries, sugar, rose oil, checked.

Lavender... Wait, we dont have lavender in our garden. I looked at my watch, it's nearly 7. Crap.

 

I took my coat and ran out of the house and headed my way to the only florist shop that might still be open. As soon as I got there, the florist was about to lock the door. I screamed as loud as I can.

"Ahjumma!!!"

"Sorry dear, we're closed." she said as she closed the door. I ran towards her.

"Ahjumma, please? I really need lavender at the moment. Please, I'm begging you!!" I cried, as I tugged on her shirt.

She stared at me for a while. "Alright." 

She opened the door, and I bought the lavender.

"Kamsahamnida ahjumma!!" I screamed in joy and gave her a hug before running back home. 

 

As soon as I got home, I ran into the room, and then mixed everything into a tiny test tube. 

I read the list again to make sure I had everything I needed. 

Remember, the potion only works on a night with a full moon.

It was already dark, nearly 11pm. I wondered if the moon tonight was a full moon. I closed my eyes and did a little prayer. I hoped that it was a full moon.

Slowly, I walked to the balcony, with my eyes closed. 

"Please be a full moon. Please..." I said and I slowly opened my eyes, one by one.

To my surprise, it was a full moon! Seriously? I can't believe my luck today.

 

I took a long shower and wore my best clothes as I stepped onto the garden with the weird looking, passionate red concoction in my hand. 

I looked up into the sky and the moon was shining so brightly. 

I breathed heavily, as my hands trembled. I need to do this right, I only have one chance.

I looked at my watch, it was midnight. "It's time." I took in a deep breath. I closed my eyes and let the spell begin.

 

" Onew.... Onew.... Onew...." I said audibly as I held the potion up high, letting it bask under the soft glow of the moonlight. I closed my eyes and counted to 5.

Suddenly, I could feel the wind blowing so strongly. The leaves on the trees rustled, and with my eyes closed, I could feel that there was a blinding light shining in my direction. I opened my eyes, barely, to look at what was going on in my hands. The test tube was glowing. "Oh my god." I thought to myself.

 

I let the glowing test tube rest on the palm of my hand, and slowly, it morphed into something else. Seconds later, the light died down, the wind stopped blowing and the trees were back to their serene state, as if nothing happened. I looked into my hand, and I realised that I was holding onto a packet of chicken nuggets.

" Okay.. so this is his favorite food!" I smirked to myself.

 

I couldnt believe that the spell worked. "Now, I just need him to eat these." I chuckled to myself and hopped happily into the house and into the room.

 

The next day...

 

It was a beautiful day, and I had to carry out my plan. I wore my skinny jeans and my favourite pearl aqua tshirt. I curled my hair and applied a little bit of make up. Gotta impress him.

 

I dialled Onew on the phone. 

"Yeoboseyo~" he answered. 

"Onew oppa! Are you free at the moment?" I asked, hoping he would say yes.

"Yep, I'm really bored. What's up?"

"Do you mind coming over to my place? I need to learn how to do the math question!"

"Arrasso ~ I'll be there in a jiffy." Mission to lure target, checked.

 

Onew is like the most popular, handsome boy in school. Well, more popular than Jonghyun because he has a better reputation. Onew lives just two blocks away from me, and he is like, a really good friend of mine. I can't believe I'm using him like this.... I don't love him either. I feel horrible. I was again reminded of my hate towards Jonghyun....... 

 

The bell rang. Woah, he's quick. It hasnt even been half an hour.

"Yereum-ah, annyeong!!" Onew beamed as I opened the door. "You look... different today." he said as he looked at me up and down.

I smiled a sad smile... I felt bad...horrible...disgusted at myself. I'm sorry, Jinki. I really am. 

"Annyeong! Come on in oppa." 

He walked in and plopped himself on the couch like he always did. 

"Oppa, have you eaten? You hungry?" I asked as I headed to the kitchen. I looked at the plate of the chicken nuggets.

"Yea, I'm starving. Have you got anything for me to eat?" I heard him grumble.

 

Holding the plate of nuggets, I walked towards the living room where he was seated at. 

" Would you li-like t-t-to eat this?" I said, my voice shaky.

My hands trembled slightly as I placed the plate of nuggets infront of him. I was nervous.

"Ohh! Chicken nuggets!" he took a piece. I stared at his hand as he picked up a piece. He brought it up to his mouth, only to stop at the entrance. He caught me looking at him. "Yereum ah, you okay?" Onew said, concerned, as he looked at me.

"Yeah I'm fine. Dont worry, oppa. Go on, take a bite." I said. Cmon, eat it already.

He nodded, and was about to bite on that piece of nugget once again, but then he stopped. I groaned, silently in my head.

"I heard about you and Jonghyun. Sorry about that." he said. 

"It's alright. I'll live without that jerk. Anyway, didnt you say you were hungry?" Just take a bite, will you?

Onew smiled and he took a bite of the chicken nugget. I watched him chew slowly, savouring the taste. 

"It's delicious. It doesnt taste like any other nuggets I've ever tasted in my life. Im gonna eat it all up if you don't mind!" Onew grinned and he started chewing on the nugget in his hand. 

 

I watched him eat. He ate it like it was an addiction. Piece after piece, he did not stop. In fact, his speed increased. In no less than 2 minutes, the plate was empty. I stared at him, waiting for some kind of reaction, perhaps a glisten in his eyes that would say, "I'm madly in love with you." But no.

 

The smile that was on his face seconds ago had disppeared almost immediately after he swallowed the last of the nuggets. I held my breath, waiting for his response.  He looked at me, his eyes intense and dark. He wasnt even blinking.

" I'm not feeling well, I'll go first." Onew said expressionless, as if in a trance, and left the house.

 

I scratched my head in confusion. "Wait, did my potion backfire? Or what?" 

 

 

to be continued~