Oh Well, Oh Well

Changsoo delusions

(When you're alone, do you think of me?)

It wasn't all sunshine and blue skies for Choi Sooyoung. But it's her vibrant attitude that draws rainbows after the rainy days.

Not that she isn't bothered, neither had she stopped caring. But trying as much as she could not to get involved is what she did, rather than sulking over spilled milk.

It's been months. And though she manages to keep up with all of it, being the cheerful girl that everyone knew of; her smile loses its spark when he's around.

(Oh well oh well, I still hope for the best...)

Exchanges of polite nods and nothing else more in as much as possible when their paths crossed. And even if Sooyoung prayed hard for it to not happen, it's something inevitable; being under the same label, working with the same people and  having almost the same set of friends.

But since not many were aware of what they had, much more of their falling out; she appears on every invitation, settling at the opposite side from where he be.

(And I promise I'll be just as strong as I can be..)

They had drawn the line. There was nothing more tangible left, or whatever it is she had convinced herself. She knows so much the pain doesn't just go away, but she'd bear everything as long as he wouldn't step inside her world again.

Much more do something that would make her world revolve around him again.

But here she is agreeing to whatever bull the management has, to cover up someone else's mess. Ridiculous it might sound but it's what she convinced herself.

 

"Is it the only way to help Yeonhee, Sonsaengnim?"

"Well, if you have anything else in mind, Sooyoung-ssi"

So she lets them, ignoring Jessica's obvious indifference on the idea.

(And I'll just smile and make believe, I don't feel a thing. That doesn't work for me...)

So now they're rebuilding bridge from ashes of their past. And she knew it wasn't the best choice.

You don't have to do it.

Is what's ringing through her head. But could she really have said otherwise?

She isn't even sure on whatever she's feeling. Her thoughts going haywire. Part of her is waving a big NO, a persistent part is much convincing though. There's also this uncertainty that it could be because she is still somehow hopeful.

She looked up and found him sitting across the table, eyes also fixed on hers; as if they had timed it. And she's lost again.

(And I'm starting to dream, changing colours while I sleep.. Maybe I'm just wasting time..)

Blank stares on guilty smiles.

If there's any reward for managing to keep up a straight face, she pretty much deserve it. Cos the familiar pain clawing inside her tells a different story though.

Maybe she still isn't ready to set her hopes up yet again. For this could just be a round of "hello" that will end on a heartbreaking "goodbye".

Heaving a deep sigh, she broke their connection.

(I'll tell you how I took one straight to the heart.. And it's not easy to talk about..)

"Soo...."

"I'm only doing this for Yeonhee."

She made her point clear, and so he nod. They parted ways with her heart intact and in place -- atleast for now.

Rumors about them flared up the following days, just what the management had planned.

A well played spin -- to cover up Yeonhee's pregnancy and even Victoria's scandal.

Girls' Generation Sooyoung and TVXQ Changmin is confirmed dating; had made the headlines. With photos of them out on dates, hugging, even kissing; became the hottest issue just as what the management wanted.

Just what they had staged.

All just staged, she reminds herself.

(So I'll just fly and hope that I remember the good times. When it's done.)

To keep up the facade for days, weeks, turned to months; to be seen sweet, loving, happy together publicly is compulsory.

Like filming a romantic movie, where the lead actors follow a script.

Just scripted, is what she told herself.

The gifts, sweet nothings, gazes, smiles, hugs, kisses were part of the play. And means nothing.

He is not inlove. And that she have to keep a hold of herself. But could she really?

Then why does her heart leaps on every skinship? Why does she think his gazes implies longing? His hugs provide security? And the kisses taste sincere?

Or maybe she's just delusional.

(And I'll be what you need you can call me anything, just as long as we're still friends..)

But she found herself slipping through it all as days pass. She had never stopped loving him, is what hit her rock hard. And as he hold her hands, how she wish he wouldn't let go of her anymore.

But she had to push him away. Breaking up was also part of it all.

Guess it's time to say goodbye. For good.

"Syoong, Minnie..thank you" Yeonhee locked them together in her arms.

"Anything for you.

I love you." She replied.

The last three words though wasn't meant for the other girl.

But he didn't have to know.

(It's over. I wanna see you again. I wanna feel it again.)

She knows it wouldn't be sunshine and blue skies for her; but just like how it was, her vibrant attitude draws rainbows on rainy days.

TVXQ is due to be back in Korea after touring the world for a year, in few days. Probably why Jessica invited her to go out of town this weekend. Sand and sea seems legit enough for an escape route. Yuri and Hyoyeon tag along.

Her phone rings for the nth time, but she just shrugged her shoulders. Not one of his attempts had gone through the line. Not a voicemail was heard. Not a message was read. Not a postcard was kept. Not an email was answered. She ignored them like they never came.

It's what she had to do, she convinced herself.

(I'll keep you warm safe in my arms.. 'til heaven calls keep holding on.)

It was a shock then finding him that night at the steps of her cabana. Panting out of breath, but much more determined.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Damn it Choi Sooyoung!"

He barges in and pulls her to his arms. He then crash his lips to hers. He was kissing her passionately, pouring down everything he felt for the stubborn girl. A year of frustration over her resistance and rejections. And when she kissed him back with equal enthusiasm, he can't help but smile and brought the kiss deeper.

They pulled away after what seems like eternity.

"Don't you go running away from me again."

"Okay."

Guess they were really meant for a happy ending.

 

------------------------

a/n; Oh well, Oh well by Mayday Parade has been my all time favorite track from the band (tied with Miserable At Best). And when Changtoria issues came out. The track was on repeat on my playlist for a loooooooooong time. IDEKW. Haha

This was originally should be an angst fic, but I don't wanna get depressed anymore, so I guess they were really meant for a happy ending. :)))))))