That Man Opposed

Changsoo delusions

"DONT WANNA BE LONELY, I WANNA JUST FALL INLOVE, GEUDAEL SARANGHAE, SO WON'T YOU COME INTO MY HEART."

--

 

it was another SNSD interview that was just on tv.

"she's desperate." he commented. victoria chuckled "why? what's wrong in wanting to have a boyfriend."

"she's in snsd. dont she have any regards about her career?"

"she's a girl, a young lady even. why would you deprive her of romance. it's normal for her age."

"she should try being discreet."

"she's just being honest."

 "she's desperate."  he said with finality then stormed out of victoria's dorm.

--

 

he heard about the dating rumors not long after. he ached unknowingly as he watched her interviews and she no longer talked about wanting a boyfriend.

he was back on victoria's couch, downed by bottles of beers and insecurities.

 

"non celebrity, my !"  he commented. "she's choi sooyoung of snsd he should be proud he's dating her what a jerk!"

 

and all victoria could do was to heave a sigh as she watched her bestfriend went out of her doors once again.

--

 

"you saw that right? after all these years, she's still so awkward around me." he scowled.

 

"but it was cute how she looked so embarrassed when she found out i was the ichigo beside her."

 

and victoria couldn't help but smile as she watched the dreamy look on her bestfriend's face appeared and stayed.

--

 

 

there was a confirmation not long after new years.

victoria got a phone call from a drunk changmin.

"now they even got the company's approval." he slurred. "should i send them my congratulations as well?" and the line went off.

 

victoria then dialed her boyfriend's number, "khun, im worried about him.."

 

--

 

"sooyoung?"

"oh victoria unni hello!! out from practice?"

"yea yea just now hehe. hey i've heard about your boyfriend. congratulations, finally!!"

she blushed. "yea hehe."

 

it was a light conversation continued over lunch and victoria noted how it wasn't awkward unlike their first few attempts of girl bonding.

 

"let's do this again unni."

 

victoria knew she's now happy with someone else. poor changmin.

 

--

 

there are more interviews but changmin no longer watches them.

he'd see her backstage while they're promoting at the same time, but spends little time mingling as much as possible. not when he sees her glowing and very much happy. he knows too well the reason behind her smiles and doesn't like it. he doesn't like it at all.

that's why he kept his distance.

 

but unexpected interactions do happen.

they bumped into each other on the company's corridors that night. an exchange of apologetic smiles and awkward looks and a surprising greeting from her end.

 

"long time no see oppa~"

 

they never really talked before and she had never called him "oppa", not until now.

his heart fluttered and he was put in trance for a moment. he finally smiled,

 

"i missed you too~"

 

he brought her in for a hug, (for the first time and maybe the last) and buried his head on her shoulders.

 

"if he'd make you cry, you call me. i'd make him pay."

 

she giggled as she retracted herself from his embrace.

"that wouldn't be necessary oppa, but i'll keep in mind"

she left a fleeting kiss on his cheeks as she waved goodbye.

 

he just looked after her.

--

 

 

 

"soo, who did you get?"

she looked on and said, "hmm oh it's jaejoong oppa!"

jessica stormed beside her bestfriend... their friends (now sunbaes) dong bang shin ki just debuted and they just bought the album. jessica being so vocal on having a crush on kim jaejoong pleaded her for a photocard trade.

"huh? but----"

"please please please~~ i got changmin's. it isn't as bad as having yoochun's or junsu. so just pleaseee. i really want jeajoong oppa's photocard." she begged, flashing all puppy-eyes pouting aegyo she could muster.

"fine fine! here!"

"oh my gosh thank you! best bestfriend ever!! muah" and she happily strutted out of her room.

 

she smiled. cos what her bestfriend didn't know and what she would never tell is that her DBSK bias was actually the group's maknae, shim changmin.

 

she hugged the photocard, "my first love."