Friday

Changsoo delusions

I am the type people thought one who rules the world. Perfect and flawless. It's not exactly what he thinks himself, just a bit popular that is.

He is smart, yes, but he also gets stupid sometimes. Mostly around her.

Choi Sooyoung.

The loner (or invisible as what she pretends to be). Detached to the world and prefers solitude. Sits in the corner and never mingles. The type who's totally forgettable.

It's just that, he couldn't.

While they had their eyes on him, he has his on her. Her indifference to the chaotic surrounding awed him. And while he easily charmed every other girl at school, she was never smittened. He at first thought of a bruised ego, but his thundering heartbeats hinted something else. How he just contented himself from watching from afar, awaiting for her rare smiles to appear. How her voice appeals like music to his ears. How just the sight of her makes him happy. He then concluded, it must be love.

"Oppa I like you." Changmin looked at Sulli and laughed. "You crazy kid!". He ruffled her hair like he always do. She pouts making Changmin burst out laughing again. "Oppa~" she whined. "But Sulli-ah you're just a sister to me." He slings an arm to the younger girl. "Hmm why not give Taemin a chance instead?" he teased. "Yah yah yah. Don't!!" He laughed again as her face turn beet red. "You silly kid!" he messes her hair but Sulli slaps his hands away and looked intently at the tall guy. "You still hasn't confessed to her yet?" he shook his head. "Why not?" "Because she's different." "You're just not trying hard." his brows raised. The younger girl sighed. "Oppa you have to do something before it will be too late."

 

Valentines Day is never his favorite. And it's not beause he isn't romantic.

Girls are piling up outside their room to confess to him the usual, even with his constant rejection for it all every year. It's annoying. It's only when the girls are gone and then Sooyoung would pick up the chocolate boxes left on the floor and claim it as if they were actually really meant for her, that makes the scene really interesting. She had been doing that since freshman year. That playful side of her's as rare as her smiles. How he enjoys watching her being so cute like that. He smiled as he sees her collecting the boxes again today.

Precious.

She glides through the hallway in such carefree manner. Like a phantom ballerina nobody else gets to see but him.

"You should follow her." Sulli whispered. "Now!" and pushed the tall guy out of the room. He tried hard not to draw attention while trailing after her. Maintaining a safe distance and trying not to look suspiciously stalking.

He saw her walked past the two bus stops nearest the school. Typical of her avoiding the school crowd. She went on towards  the farthest one. She hopped excitedly as she turn on the curb and waved happily. He then saw a guy standing in the waiting shed waving back at her. He was dressed in a university uniform. Smart, matured, and goodlooking.

Insecurity gnaws a hole in his heart.

"OPPA!!" she called him sweetly and shared him the chocolates, and while they were chatting away comfortably, jealousy cracks inside him.

Sooyoung's cheeks hunched up as she smiled at him. She talks animatedly and with ease. She throws her head back as she laugh on his jokes. And constantly calls him "Oppa" She was so different with him; cheerful, lively, lovely, Changmin noted. They get on the fifth bus as they finished the chocolates she got from school. From him. The nameless guy keeps a hand on her and lets her lean on his shoulder as the bus drive off. He was left with his thoughts spiraling to and fro, and his heart broken.

The next day, it rained.

Sooyoung watched the raindrops cascading into the window glass, oblivious of that someone who's been watching her from behind.

Kyuhyun took the seat next to him. "Do you like Sooyoung?" "Nope" he lied. The other guy snorted, he glared at him in return. "Shim you are so obvious." Changmin ignored his bestfriend and fixed his eyes again on Sooyoung's back. Kyuhyun sniggered, "You should have given her the chocolates directly instead of making her picked those up from the floor thinking those were just leftovers. Ha! I know all about your Valentines day scheme Shim Changmin. It's not so genius." he jeered on but didn't get the response he expected. Instead Changmin sighed and shook his head. "She would not accept it anyways."

He doesn't rule the world. He isn't perfect and flawless like everyone else thought. All those perception of him were just exaggeration.

"She doesn't have a boyfriend!" Sulli said irritably. "She even laughed at me for asking. You are sulking on something you seem to be just mistaken about. You're such a stupid person!"

He's not always brilliant. But since everyone else believed otherwise, he had been deluded on it as well. He exuded superiority on every step, but the gutsy attitude is merely a facade on everything's cracking up inside him.

It's now or never. And this is step 1.

"Yah Choi Sooyoung!!"

"W-wae?"

She's really beautiful upclose.

"What did you do with the chocolates yesterday?"

"Huh?"

"The chocolates."

"I a-ate them all, shared some with Yunho oppa-"

"The guy on the bus stop with you yesterday?"

"Yeah. H-how did you --"

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"Are you on drugs? Of course not! He's my cousin. Pabo!" she retorted.

"S-sorry." she apologizes immediately.

A wave of happiness floods him. He smirked and ruffles the girl's hair before leaving.

The rain stopped.

He smiled as he waited for his dreams to come, at the end of the rainbow, and sure she did. Wearing a faded pink jacket atop her uniform. Surprise evident on her as they came face to face. On the same bus stop, he thought his heart broke.

"What took you so long? I've been waiting for you."

He reached out for her hands and held it tight. This time he'll finally show her what he should've done a long time ago.

His heart.

School week ends on fridays, but this Friday started something else for him. For them.