Curtains

Changsoo delusions
 
"I'm going back to New York."
 
Rain started to fall mixing on the continuous flow of tears down her cheeks. she sat still on that bench allowing the cold dripping of rain to soak her. knowing her downpour is much more than that.
 
There were never easy goodbyes. but she knew that this day will eventually come. he never promised to stay anyways, and there were no assurance of any return. so she let him go, with a calm understanding facade she faked very well. but as his figure draws out of her sight, the well kept tears flowed. and so she ran.
not quite intending to escape yet from the pain as she head to that place. she knew ironically being there hurts her even more. she ran her hands on that empty space beside her, that was his. that bench on that park was theirs. the venue of their summer romance where she felt the happiest. right there, she whimpered quietly.
 
The cold wind blows. she wiped off her tears with her freezing hand and hugged herself. she wanted to find shelter but she felt herself unmoving.
"Soo!"
She heard someone screamed, and with that a hand suddenly pulled her out from where she was seated. and buried her in a tight hug. it was all too sudden. she hadn't recover from all of it yet when he grabbed her wrist once again as they run towards a parked car. she was pushed inside and he too followed.
"ah babo babo." he kept saying as he was also trying to keep her warm; wrapping her with his coat, wiping off wet traces on her face and rubbing her arm with his hand.
"What do you think you were doing huh?"
She saw how concerned he was over her. Like most of the time--or maybe every time. her knight-in-rocker-shirts-and-sneakers, comes saving her again in the middle of the storm. she pulled him in a hug instead of  replying, and whispered "I'm sorry." and for the nth time,she found refuge in his arms.

He nods and pulled away. "Yah yah you're wet." he teased trying to lighten up the mood. He cupped her face and kissed her on the forehead. "Let's get home now babe." she nodded. he moved to the driver seat and started the engine. Half of her body resigned occupying the backseat and fell deep in sleep instantly.

Changmin gripped the steering wheel seeing his bestfriend's state on the rearview mirror. Kyuhyun called for him to see her, finding exactly what he was worried about; her, crying over his departure. seeing her shaking on that bench, soaking wet under the rain, he felt his heart clenched tight. it hurts knowing how brokenhearted she is and he cant spare her from the pain . it's inevitable at the moment.

He wanted to blame Kyuhyun. get angry with him but he cant. he knows too well it's hard for him too. he loves her as much as her bestfriend loves him. but summer's over, and he has to leave. breaking both of their hearts. the thought of playing a bad guy, stealing her from him taking advantage on the situation, entered his mind for a moment but shrugged it off anyways.

He put the car to a stop as they arrived at her house. the rain came to a halt as well. he hated to disturb her slumber but he has to. he patted her gently and whispered for her to wake up. she move up rubbing her eyes awake, and fixed her hair quick. he opened the door for her and lead her to her doorsteps. she hugged him tight and mumbled a soft "thank you" before entering the house.

He went back to his car, throw one last look before speeding off.
"If only you see me more than a bestfriend, you wouldn't worry of me leaving cos I never will."

She closed her curtains as his car went off. She leaned back on the wall, and sighed.
"If only you see me more than a bestfriend, i wouldn't worry of you leaving cos I know you never will."