Daehyun's Past

Destiny

 

Daehyun stared at me for a moment. Silence filled the room, making me feel even more awkward than I already did. I looked back at him, and his eyes met mine.

“You first,” He said.

“Aniyo, you can go first.” I mumbled, I didn’t know how he would react to what I was going to tell him.

He looked at me puzzled, “In insist you say what you have to first.”

Daehyun was always polite to me. He always had manners and treated girls, well me properly. He was trying to stay a gentleman and be all like ‘ladies first.’

“No you first.” I said and he was surprised at my reaction, “I don’t know how I’m going to word it yet.”

That was the truth; I really didn’t know what I was going to say to him. Let alone tell him how I feel. I knew this was going to be hard, and my heart pounded in my chest. I tried not to be nervous, and not show it, but I knew he could tell I was.

“Are you sure?” Daehyun finally asked.

“Ne,” I said.

“Okay, but why are you nervous?” He asked, walking toward me, and I backed away from him. He eyed me suspiciously. “You never act like this? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, it’s just… You are scaring me that’s all.” I replied, I didn’t technically lie to him. I did tell him the truth, but not all of it.

“Why? I don’t understand.”

“Your facial expression when you told me that you needed to tell me something. It seemed… I don’t know, like you were serious, and worried about something.”

“Oh, I’m sorry if I scared you.” He said with his soft velvet voice. “I didn’t mean it like that.”

“It’s okay, what did you want to tell me?” I asked him changing the subject.

“It’s a long story.” He said, “You may want to sit down.”

I looked at him; his eyes were warm, and soft. “Okay,” I said looking away from his stare.

He took me by the hand, and led me to the couch that was in the library. I sat down, next to him, and began to play with my hands. I still was nervous, but I couldn’t let him know that.

“You are my best friend, and even you don’t know everything about me.” He finally spoke.

“Huh?” I said lifting my head up quickly, and turning my head towards him meeting his gaze.

“The guys don’t even know everything about me.” Daehyun said in a soft tone. “This is why I’m telling you this, but you have to promise to keep it a secret.”

“What?” I asked surprised, I had no idea where this was coming from, or better yet where it would be going. “What are you talking about?”

“I’m talking about my past.” He said. It’s true; I didn’t know anything about his past except Yongguk Oppa save him in some way. “Why are you telling me this?”

“Because I can trust you.”

“You can trust the others too.” I said, and I was still extremely confused.

“I can’t tell them they wouldn’t understand. Please will you keep it a secret?”

“Ne,” I said nodding.

“I’m not what you think I am.” Daehyun said starting his story. “First off, I’m not a noble vampire. I’m a pure blood.”

My eyes widened, and I was shocked at the words that came out of his mouth, before I could say anything he continued to speak.

 

Daehyun’s Point of View

 

“It was sixty years ago when Yongguk Hyung found me, but before he did I lived with my parents.” I said feeling the pain in my heart. I didn’t want to revisit the past. I didn’t want to think about the things I’ve been through, and for sure I didn’t want to talk about them, but Minsoa deserves to know.

“My parents are vampires that aren’t for living amongst humans peacefully.” I said, and looked at her. I could see that she was in total shock; her eyes were wide, but frightened at the same time. It hurt me to see her this way, and I went to place my hand on her shoulder, and she pulled away from me. That hurt even more.

I sighed and let it go, “As I was saying they weren’t supportive of Yongguk Hyung’s ideas, and that’s how the war escalated. It got worse, my parents hate humans.” I explained, and then looked to her. Her eyes were sad, and hurt at the same time.

“What makes it worse” I continued, “Is I use to be like them. I use to hate humans with everything inside of me, until I saw the truth. You may think that I haven’t harmed a human like the others, but that’s not true. Minsoa”

She looked up to me when I said her name, “I’ve killed humans, and I’m not proud of it.” I said as the grief of what I’ve done filled up inside of me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I inhaled deeply, and I could hear the sound of her heart beating quicken. “I use to think that humans were useless pathetic creatures, but the truth is vampires are. I didn’t understand this, and I wouldn’t have if it weren’t for my noona.”

“Why were you like that?” Minsoa asked, just barely able to speak the words.

“I don’t know. I think it was because my parents were controlling me. I didn’t want to disobey them, I wanted to be the son they always dreamt of having.” I snickered at that, “I guess it turns out that I’m a disgrace to my family’s name.”

“Because you didn’t want to be controlled anymore?” She asked under her breath.

“Ne, and because I began to think for myself.”

“But what change you? What made you not hate humans or want to kill me?” She asked in a shaky voice. Her smell was intoxicating, but I couldn’t let my instincts get the best of me. 

“My Noona. Her name was Kahi she was a lot older than me. If she were human she would be thirty years old, but she was killed when she was twenty-four, and its all my fault. She was the most sought after in the vampire world. Every noble family tried to make deals with my parents to let their son marry her. She was the most beautiful woman at that time, and every man and boy went out of his way to get her attention.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“She wasn’t interested in any of them. She had already fallen in love with a man. Who happened to be human, and one of the most deadliest vampire hunters known to our kind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“He never tried to kill her. He too fell in love with her, and accepted her for what she was and whom she was. Noona never killed a human, never drank their blood, she truly was pure.” I explained, with every word I said, it felt like a knife cutting deep in my heart.

“What happened to her?” Minsoa asked, her eyes were filled with sympathy.

“I happened to walking on them, I saw them together.” I said remembering the exact image that would never leave my mind. It was the only memory I had of Kahi with her happy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It happened to be raining that day, and she somehow managed to sneak him in the house, using her powers to mask his scent. She had the power of protection. She could put a protective force field around herself or anyone that needed it. She also could kill someone with a blink of an eye, but she never did. When I walked in on them, I recognized who he was and ran to my Appa. I told him what she had been up too, I was only thirteen at the time, and didn’t understand what kind of danger she was in.

“Appa and I quickly went to her room, where Eomma was. There was and argument between Eomma, and Noona. Noona was crying, and her boyfriend held her in his arms.”

 

~FLASHBACK~

 

“Eomma! Appa! You can’t control my life! I’m and adult, and I can make my own decisions!” Noona shouted.

“No daughter of mine will be associated with a disgusting piece of trash human!” Appa Shouted back.

“Then disown me!” Noona cried, “Because I’m not leaving him!”

“I have a different plan.” Appa said and he started to inflict pain on Noona’s boyfriend.

“Appa! Stop! Don’t hurt him!” She shouted, “Jihoon!” She cried running over to him wrapping her arms around the man that knelt in pain on the floor clutching his stomach. “If you want to hurt him you have to go though me!”

“Noona!” I cried, “Don’t do this! You have your entire life ahead of you. There are plenty of other guys that are willing to marry you. You don’t need him.”

“Daehyun! Stay out of this!” She scolded.

“Kahi, he’s right! There are plenty of suitable vampires for you.” Eomma said entering the argument.

“No! You don’t understand! I love him!” Noona cried, using her powers to protect her and Jihoon.

“If I may say something,” Jihoon said, “I’ve given up killing vampires like yourselves. I only hunt the ones who kill innocent humans.”

“That makes no difference!” Appa shouted, “And this doesn’t concern you!”

“I’m sure it does.” Jihoon said, getting to his feet. “We have already decided to get married.”

“How dare you! How dare you!” Appa shouted, and his eyes turned completely black, “I won’t let this happen!”

“You can’t do anything about it.” Jihoon said with a cocky smile, “We have already made love.”

I knew what that meant. I wasn’t that stupid, I knew that she had already gone behind Eomma and Appa’s backs and gotten married.

“Appa, you wouldn’t kill the father of your grandchild, would you?” Kahi asked with a worried tone in her voice.

“I will not allow such a thing to be brought into this world! How dare you taint our bloodline with that human!” Appa screamed.

I saw the love that Nonna had for the human Jihoon, and the love he had for her. I watched as Appa fought him, both of them becoming wounded badly. Noona tried to use her protection power, but she used all of her strength up, protecting Jihoon from Appa’s powers.

She put herself between Appa and Jihoon, “You kill him! You are gong to have to kill me too!” she said firmly.

“You’re not my daughter. My daughter would have never fallen for a human, therefore I have no sympathy in ending both of your lives.” Appa said walking over to them, he took his hand shoving it through Noona’s chest where her heart was and continued his way through Jihoon’s.

“May your hearts stop beating together.” Appa said with a harsh tone ripping out their hearts.

“Our love will live forever.” Noona’s voice echoed in the room, as her body and Jihoon’s fell to the floor lifeless.

 

~END FLASHBACK~

 

I explained the whole story of how my parents killed my Noona and her lover right before my eyes. I felt the pain in my chest again; just like the pain I felt when they both died. “I have the power of empathy. I can feel other’s emotions, and pain if I’m close to them. It felt like my heart was also ripped out of my chest.” I said to Minsoa, “And that’s when it all changed for me. I ran away a month later. I couldn’t live with my parents, knowing that they might do the same with me. They sent the vampire council after me, to try to find me. I was smarter than they thought, and I managed to fight them off and get away. I didn’t know how to survive on my own, and I couldn’t harm humans. I couldn’t feed off of them so I became weaker and weaker.

“It wasn’t to long after, when I was sitting in the forest on the edge of death. Purebloods have to feed more frequently than nobles do, and much more to sustain their powers and bodies. I hadn’t fed in weeks, and waited for death to take me. When some noble vampires from the vampire council found me, I tired to fight them off, but couldn’t.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That’s when I smelt the presence of another pureblood. I saw Yongguk hyung, and Himchan hyung.”

“I’m sorry,” Minsoa said looking down, “But how come they don’t know that you’re a pureblood if you smell like one?”

“With the remaining strength I had, I sealed away most of my powers, and hid my pureblood scent. This made me smell like a noble vampire, and I’ve been like this for the past sixty years.” I said, “Please don’t be afraid of me.”

“I’m not afraid, I’m just… I don’t know what to think.” She said, shaking her head. I placed my hand on her back, and rubbed it.

“Don’t think much of it.” I said.

“I can’t not think about it! This whole time I thought you were telling me the truth! And you were lying the whole time! What else have you lied about? Kept from me?” She exclaimed, and stood up from the couch.

“Nothing. Everything else is the truth. I didn’t know how to tell you, and I didn’t know if you would tell the others. I know you wont and that’s why I told you now.” I explained.

“Why? Why now? Why did you seal away your powers? Why did you make yourself a noble?”

“Because if I didn’t Yongguk Hyung would have killed me. I saw it in his past. I also have that power.” I said explaining it to her.

“What else don’t I know about you?” She asked, looking at me with her beautiful hazel eyes.

I replied with, “How I feel about you.”