Chapter 6

True Love or Brotherly Love?

"Stop being a coward and go tell him."

The words echoed in his mind over and over, and Chanhee sighed for the nth time that day.  He stabbed at his salad, occasionally glancing up to see Byunghun's worried face staring at his.  When their eyes met, he would smile reassuringly, but it didn't seem to make Byunghun any happier.  A pout slowly formed on Chanhee's lips when Byunghun barely touched his food, and he reached over and picked up a piece of chicken from his brother's plate, stuffing it into his mouth while grinning.

Tell him.

The words flashed across his mind.  However, there wasn't enough courage inside Chanhee for him to tell his brother his feelings.  Besides, their parents were still going to be gone until the end of next year.  It would be much too awkward and painful for him if their relationship got ruined because of his stupid feelings.  Instead, Chanhee locked them away, smiling his signature cute, eye smile at Byunghun, trying to ease away his worries.  However, one question began to surface inside his mind: did Byunghun like anybody?  In a matter of seconds, Chanhee was dying to know the answer.  Out of somewhere, he conjured up his courage and opened his mouth.

"Chanhee, I like someone."

The words were out before Chanhee had a chance to make a single noise.

And, for some reason, it made Chanhee's heart clench tightly.  Slowly closing his mouth, the golden haired boy managed to smile a bit before blinking, a gesture for Byunghun to continue.  However, the other boy didn't, and Chanhee noticed the blush tinting his brother's cheeks.  Something in Chanhee sort of cracked, but it didn't quite break off - because he had a tinge of hope that Byunghun liked him.  He didn't know where it came from; it just...came.  Still, since he wasn't sure, he bit his lower lip and looked away.  It was way too uneasy.

"...Who is it?" Chanhee finally asked, hoping his voice wasn't shaking.  He saw Byunghun stiffen from the corner of his eyes.

"Well, I can't tell you who.  But that person...is kind, cute, caring, but mostly cute."  Byunghun laughed sheepishly, scratching his cheek.  "I'm really not sure when I started liking that person, but...yeah."

Chanhee frowned.  Why didn't Byunghun specify the gender?  Was it foolish for him to become hopeful?  Shaking the thoughts away, however, Chanhee turned towards his brother, walked over to him, and then squished his cheeks together.  "Well, then, I wish you the best of luck, Byungie!  If you get rejected, I'll always be here to comfort you!"

For some reason, as he said the last line, Chanhee felt sadness building up inside of him.  He turned away before Byunghun could see the tears in his eyes, and as soon as he was in his room, he pressed his hands to his face.  Sure enough, they were burning, and also wet.  

"I'm an idiot," he mumbled before he crawled under his blanket and closed his eyes, somehow successfully falling asleep.

*~*~*

Meanwhile, Byunghun sat at his seat, his cheeks burning as well.  

"Lee Chanhee, you are an idiot," he mumbled.

*~*~*

The next week went by a blur.  Everything was pretty much normal, except that Chanhee was trying to avoid Byunghun a little now.  For some reason, Chanhee couldn't seem to find the courage to tell his brother his feelings.  He was trying, though.  He often attempted to ask Byunghun to meet him somewhere, but chickened out before the first word could even be formed in his mouth.

Byunghun, on the other hand, was beginning to get irritated.  His brother was stupid and clueless - though that was what made him so adorable.  Byunghun often found himself staring at his brother, and noticed that Chanhee would try to say something, but then would stop for some reason.  It made Byunghun wondering, yet the golden haired boy seemed so uneasy around him.  It was getting slightly agitating, and also depressing.  His brother, the person he lived with, the person he was in love with was avoiding him.

Why shouldn't he be depressed?

One day, Byunghun decided to ask the question that he'd wanted to ask his brother for a long time now.

"Channie, do you like someone?"

Chanhee looked up from his plate of dinner, not seeming too surprised or too nonchalant.  Byunghun could tell that his brother did indeed like someone, yet he couldn't be sure if it was him or not.  After a while of staring at each other, Byunghun saw Chanhee nod, and his mouth moved on its own.

"Who?"

At that question, Chanhee's cheeks flushed a slight pink.  "I can't tell you that," the golden haired boy replied quietly, and then began eating again.

That small answer and action made something inside Byunghun snap.  "Can't it be me?" he asked his mouth suddenly having a mind of its own.  "I know I'm going to sound really selfish, but I love you so much, and I can't hide it anymore and...why can't you like...me...?"  Byunghun trailed off when he saw Chanhee frozen in place, his whole face flushed and his chopsticks stuck in his mouth.

"I...I...."  Chanhee's mouth moved, but he didn't make a sound.  He just sat there, face red, before he...

Fainted.

"Chanhee!?"

*~*~*

A/N: Yes I am a terrible person. And I like cliffhangers ^_^ (yeah I found some time so I'm rewriting my a/n...if you read the other one...well here's a more sincere apology-sorta thing :))

So, the reason why I came back is 1. because I am less busy and 2. because my cute little dongsaeng, StrawberryMous has been telling me to for quite some time.  She even threatened to transfer my stories to her account and continue writing so...LOL. The thing is, though, I've actually been trying to put off writing fics for a while, and I kept on making excuses to Reiko (that's Strawberry's name btw) about me being busy and such. YET SHE STAYED WITH ME *cries so...I'm so happy to have a faithful dongsaeng<33 And yes, my username was inspired by her real name hehehe...oops I think she'll kill me for this even though she already knew >.> MY POINT IN THIS LITTLE PARAGRAPH IS...go check her out bc she's coooooooolio and adorable and I just love her :)

Now, I'm actually very surprised to see that I've only lost one subbie in the time that I was gone. This is amazing, guys *cries...I can't believe that I still have 90 subscribers!!! It's so amazing. I only realized it now, you know? I never knew how many subscribers I had until now (because I never really pay attention to those stuff OTL), but...this is really something that makes me happy ^_^ It might not be much to some of you who have like over 100 subbies, but this is big for me. I mean. What's so good about this story? Lol.

Anyways, thanks a whole bunch to all you lovely ChunJoe shippers<333 I'm so sorry for my long absense! I can't make promises, but I promise that I'll try to update once or twice a month; it may take longer sometimes, but I won't ditch you guys for this long .-.

So...yeah! Bye-bye everyone, for now! :) I love you all<3

...that awkward moment when the a/n might be as long as the chapter holy crap oops.