Chapter 3

True Love or Brotherly Love?

A/N: I CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF TEEN TOP AND INFINITE'S COLLAB-THING STAGE. Why did I just learn of this now? WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS WHEN THEY DID THIS? Gr. >:U

*~*~*

It had been a week since the discovering-the-bruises accident, and Chanhee was more careful not to cry.  He was also conscious of the things he wore, making sure that they covered his bruises well.  He didn't want to worry Byunghun again; he felt as though he'd already caused enough trouble.  However, the bullies weren't done with Chanhee.  They loved the way Chanhee cried, the way he begged for them to stop.  They loved the way he cried out in pain and the way he curled up into a ball.  And they wanted more.

On that particular day, Chanhee had hurried out of class in an attempt to make it through the gates before the bullies spotted him.  Fresh snow was piled on the ground and he ran as fast as he could, his breath coming out in short, little puffs.  He bit his lip and willed his legs to go faster, but they didn't.  A hand suddenly caught him and he felt despair wash over him.  He cried out softly in pain when he was thrown to the ground.  He was then dragged to a place where nobody really knew of behind the school.

"W-what do you want?" Chanhee managed, holding his bag tightly against his chest, as though it would give him some protection.

"You think you can run away from us?" the largest of the bullies snarled.  Chanhee remembered him as Kim Heechul (I have no other ideas T_T).  

Chanhee bit his lip as he was kicked in the side.  He then suddenly yelped as a blow was delivered.  To his face.  "Dammit!" he cried, putting a hand over his cheek.  He tasted blood and guessed that his lip was busted.  Chanhee tried to struggle away when the button of his shirt became undone with another kick, showing his necklace.  

"Hmm?  What's this?" Kyuhyun, the brains of the bullies asked.  He knelt down besides Chanhee and took the necklace in his hands before the younger could shrink away.  "Pretty," Kyuhyun muttered before tugging the chain so hard that it broke.  

Chanhee screamed as the chain broke the skin of his neck, leaving a small wound.  He felt blood trickling down his neck and it hurt like hell, but he felt a greater pain in his chest.  He shakily got to his feet and tried to grab his necklace back, but Kyuhyun raised it in the air and side stepped him.  

"Give it back!" Chanhee cried, tears streaming down his face.  He didn't care if he looked desperate, messy, or childish - he needed the necklace.  And he needed it now.  "Please!  Give it back!"

"Not so fast~," Heechul hummed, smirking.  He grabbed the younger by his collar and lifted him off the ground, staring into those frightened doe-like eyes.  His glasses had been forgotten on the ground, trampled on so much that there was no way to fix it now.

Chanhee let out a small cry as he was shoved against the wall once again.  "P-please!  I need it-" Before he could finish, though, Kyuhyun had flung the necklace somewhere behind him.  It landed in the snow with a small sound and then disappeared under the falling snow.  Chanhee just stared, dumbfounded, before he started writhing underneath Heechul's grasp.  "No!  Let go of me!  Give me the necklace back!" he cried, kicking his legs to no avail.  He choked out another sob and then sank to the ground when a knee was shoved up his stomach.

"Yah!" a voice suddenly called out (and I'm sure we all know who it'll be).  Byunghun stood there, his face red from running and anger.  He had heard Chanhee's cries, and although he wanted to pretend he didn't, his legs were already moving and he was towing two of his other friends - named Changhyun and Jonghyun - with him.  "Let go of him!" Byunghun barked, and Heechul and his gang scowled.

"Are you picking a fight with us?" Heechul asked.  "I wonder what the school would think when the most popular kid gets beat up?  And you know what'll happen when you fight back, right?"

Byunghun smirked.  "Bring it," he muttered in a low voice.

And so the fight began, and Chanhee just watched in a daze.  Byunghun was fighting - no, he wasn't fighting.  He wasn't returning any of the blows.  He was just dodging.  The black haired boy sat still as the blonde dodged over and over until Heechul & Co. got exhausted.  

"What?  That's it?" Byunghun asked, frowning.  He wasn't even out of breath.  He then delivered a punch to each of the bullies' stomachs, sending them stumbling.  Then he growled at them to leave, which they did in the fear of Byunghun All Mighty(?).

Changhyun had knelt beside Chanhee and had wrapped a bandage, something he kept in his backpack, around Chanhee's neck.  Jonghyun was putting snow into a plastic bag to put against the bruise on Chanhee's cheek.  Chanhee himself was just letting himself be taken care of; his body hurt too much to do anything else.  And then he remembered the necklace and almost cried out.

"Th-the necklace...," he stammered, crawling away from Changhyun's arms.  "I...they....they took it!  They threw it away!"  He desperately stumbled to the place where he thought they'd thrown it and clawed at the snow until he felt a pair of arms wrapping around his waist and lifting him up.  "N-no!  Let go!  The necklace...."  He stopped struggling when he felt lips pressed against his neck.  They were warm and soft against his frigid skin and he felt himself relaxing, although the wound on his neck was still hurting like crazy.

"Calm down, Chanhee," Byunghun whispered, carrying Chanhee bridal style.  "It's okay.  We'll find it later.  First, we need to take care of you."

Chanhee stared wide-eyed at his brother.  He then felt his consciousness drifting away, maybe because of Byunghun's warmth, or maybe because of the pain.  He wrapped his shaking arms around the blonde's neck and buried his face in his chest, wanting to feel the warmth.  He felt Byunghun's arms tighten around him and they walked home, not really caring about the weird stares they got from the passer-bys on the streets.

*~*~*

"A..ah!  Th-that hurts," Chanhee whimpered as Byunghun pressed a cotton swab soaked in medicine against his neck.  

"Bear with it," Byunghun murmured, focused on getting the wound clean than anything else.  Once he was sure it was clean and the Neosporin was slathered on it, he wrapped a bandage tightly against his neck.  "That's better," Byunghun said with a satisfied smile.  "Now, let's get you some ice for your cheek."  He covered Chanhee's shaking body with a blanket, handing him the mug of hot chocolate.  

"W-wait!" the black haired boy stammered.  He couldn't really see Byunghun's expression from far away because his glasses were broken (although his contacts were somewhere in his bag).  "Th-thank you."  He didn't know whether his brother was frowning, smiling, or expressionless, but he melted into the warm embrace Byunghun gave him a moment or so afterwards.  

"I'll find the necklace," Byunghun whispered.  "I promise.  Actually," he added, digging into his pocket.  He had already found the necklace while Chanhee was out cold for a few hours.  He just needed to buy him a new chain.  "I found the rings.  I need to get you a new chain, though."  He handed the stunned boy the four rings, and noticed that he was crying.  "Chanhee?  What's wrong?"

Chanhee couldn't say anything.  He just reached for Byunghun and hugged him tightly, trying to stifle his sobs.  

"You cry too much," Byunghun chuckled.  He ran a hand through Chanhee's hair before pulling away.  "Now let me go get you ice."  He then left the room, leaving the fragile boy in his bed.

When he returned, Chanhee was fast asleep, a soft smile on his lips.  He was clutching the rings tightly in his hands and he was curled up into a tight ball.  Smiling to hismelf, Byunghun placed the bag of ice gently on Chanhee's cheek, holding it there until it melted.  By then, the swelliing had gone down and darkness had fallen.  Yawning, and being too lazy to go to his own bed, which was just across the room, Byunghun crawled under the covers next to Chanhee and fell asleep, a smile gracing his lips.

*~*~*

A/N: I'm so mean to Channie T_T Don't kill me~ the next chapter should be happier! Now I shall resume watching the TeenFinite stage >o> //leobsessed