Chapter 4

True Love or Brotherly Love?

 

Ever since that day, Byunghun had become very protective of his brother.  He watched over him very closely, and snarled and shooed away anyone and everyone who talked bad about Chanhee or did something mean to him.  And because of that, Chanhee became the second most popular boy in the school next to Byunghun.  Byunghun had kind of forcefully dyed Chanhee's hair a golden blonde to reflect his true, happy, sunshine-like personality, and also made the boy wear contacts because he seemed more beautiful that way.  At that compliment, Chanhee blushed but agreed, and Byunghun happily made the boy contacts according to his eyesight.  However, that little transformation attracted the attention of a lot of girls, and guys even.  Some guys would try to molest (a/n: O.o yes. Molest) the now golden haired boy, but Byunghun was always there to save him.

And then there was this one boy, named Lee Howoon, although he seemed to like going by Hoya.  That boy seemed to have taken a special liking to Chanhee, and would try to get as close to him as possible when Byunghun wasn't looking.  However, that white blonde haired boy would easily notice and shooed Hoya away, holding Chanhee protectively in his arms.

Also, because of how protective Byunghun was, and also because of how Chanhee let himself be protected, some "fan girls" started to form.  They apparently shipped Byunghun/Chanhee together, and no matter what the two (mostly Byunghun) said, they just never seemed to give up on the hope that the two were supposedly "dating".  

Inside, although he told no one, Chanhee wanted the rumors to be true.  He wanted Byunghun to look at him as a true boy, not as a brother, and protect him because he belonged to the white blonde.  Yes, he had fallen in love with his brother.  No, it didn't just start out with a pang or romance.  It had only started as admiration.  He admired how Byunghun seemed to be so strong, both physically and mentally, while Chanhee lacked strength in both places.  Byunghun also seemed to be a people person, always smiling.  That was what Chanhee noticed next.  The smile, that beautiful smile.  It sometimes seemed shy, it sometimes seemed guinine.  And Chanhee loved to see every single one of it.  And then...the glonden haired boy found himself in love.  

Thankfully, though, he had done a pretty good job of hiding his feelings.  Since their parents lived with them, too, he had to hide the feeling, anyways.  It really was hard, because every day, Chanhee found himself being attracted to his brother even more.  He wanted to slap himself, and he did, multiple times, but the feeling just never went away.

And then something happens that almost rips Chanhee's sanity away from him.

"What?" Chanhee asked, not believing what he was hearing.  "But Umma...."  He trailed off, listening to his mother's soft, delicate voice.  "Yes, Umma."  Chanhee smiled softly.  "Okay.  I'm sure we can handle it.  When will you guys return, though?"  He listened for a moment.  "Until December?  But that's for the rest of the year, Umma!  It's only January now...you guys are...okay.  Okay.  No, ew, we don't need a babysitter!"  Chanhee laughed - something he hadn't done until Byunghun reminded him about how good it felt.  "Okay~ love you too!  Muah!"  He then hung up the phone, putting it in the charger.

His parents were going to America.  For the rest of the year.  Chanhee banged his head against a wall that he'd staggered up to.  

"Chanhee?  Why are you banging your head against a wall?" Byunghun's voice suddenly said.  "You're going to make bruises on your face."  Byunghun wrapped his arms around Chanhee's waist and turned him around, totally oblivious to the surprised squeak Chanhee let out.  "Your face is red.  Are you sick?"

"I-I'm fine," Chanhee said with a smile.  He gently pushed Byunghun away from him and plopped down on the couch, turning on the TV.  "Umma and Appa are apparently going on a business trip to America," he added, flipping through the channels.

"For how long?" Byunghun asked, sitting down next to his brother.  

Chanhee bit his lip nervously.  "For the rest of the year.  Starting tonight."

"What?"  Byunghun just stared incredously at his golden haired brother.  

"Y-yah, don't stare at me like that....  I did nothing wrong," Chanhee said with a pout, hiding himself with two cushions.

Byunghun chuckled at Chanhee's adorable behavior.  "Sheesh, Chanhee, I wasn't mad at you or anything," he said, pulling the cushions away from the older.

"I'm hungry," Chanhee suddenly stated, staring at his TV.

"Me too," Byunghun replied.

"Ramen good?"

"Sure."

Chanhee got up and headed for the kitchen, where he started to gather some pots, water, and that instant ramen pack.  He dunked the water into the pot and let it boil on the stove, watching over it so it wouldn't get too hot.  He then put in the noodles and soup power thing, hissing slightly when his hand came in contact with the steam.  He blew on his hand a few times before putting a lid on the pot, letting it boil for about fifteen minutes.  He stirred a few times before deciding that it was edible, and then put in the dried vegetables and somehow managed to carry the pot to the table, where he set it down.

"Chanhee, there's no school for the rest of the week.  Apparently it's 'dangerously cold'," Byunghun said, coming into the kitchen and retrieving some chopsticks.

Chanhee nodded and sat down at the table after placing two bowls on the table.  They dug into the food, finishing it within a few minutes.  When they finished, they decided to just go straight to bed.

"Good night, Byungie," Chanhee said, crawling under the sheets.

"Good night," Byunghun replied.  

Maybe living alone with Chanhee wouldn't be so bad?

*~*~*

A/N: Sorry it's so ish...this is like a fill-in chapter. ._.