Chapter 5

True Love or Brotherly Love?

"Are you sure this is how you do it...?" Chanhee questioned, biting his lip.

"Yes...I'm sure," Byunghun replied, grunting.  

"But Byunghun...OW!  That-that hurts!  C-can we stop?  Please?"  Chanhee struggled a little, pain running up his lower back.

"Hold on...it'll get better in a bit...."  Byunghun blinked a few times, trying his best to keep from toppling over.

"Now I regret suggesting to do yoga...," Chanhee grumbled as he got up from the floor.  He had fallen multiple times, mostly because he couldn't stretch far enough.

"Yeah, you probably do.  You'll have bruises all over your body tomorrow," Byunghun teased with a smirk, in turn earning a whack from Chanhee.  "Sorry, but it's true," the platinum blonde said, sticking his tongue out.

"You're so mean," Chanhee huffed, pouting.  He glanced at the clock, trying to find an excuse to run away from yoga.  "Ah!  I'll go make us some lunch!  It's getting close to lunch time!"  He then scrambled out of his and Byunghun's room, closing the door behind him.  

Byunghun just stared after the boy, and then shook his head.  Chanhee was a bit too cute for his own good.  Sighing, Byunghun got up and followed after Chanhee, who was now in the kitchen gathering the ingredients for ramen.  "Mm, ramen," Byunghun said as he came up behind Chanhee, surprising the golden haired boy.

"WHA~!" he cried, dropping a carton of eggs.  "Aww, Byunghun!  I was planning to put eggs in the ramen but you made me drop it.  Poop."  He pouted and picked up the carton, checking each of the eggs to see which ones were cracked and which ones were still safe.  It turned out that two of the eggs were safe, and so Chanhee happily threw them into a bowl to mix them later.

And then suddenly, Chanhee's phone vibrated on the counter.  "Ooh!  Company!  I like company!" Chanhee cried happily, picking up the phone in an instant.  "Hello?  Oh!  Hoya hyung!  How are y- hey!"  Chanhee whipped around when his phone was taken away from his grip, only to see Byunghun hanging up for him.  "What was that for!?" Chanhee asked, reaching for his phone and then getting it taken away by Byunghun again.

"I don't want you to be around him," Byunghun replied, deleting the last few caller histories.  "How does he even have your number?"

"Ricky gave it to him, he said," Chanhee replied.  "And why can't I talk to him?  He's perfectly nice.  He hasn't tried to molest me.  Now that's a first.  Well, you haven't tried to molest me either, but you know what I'm trying to say, right?"  The golden haired boy blinked innocently at his brother, who seemed to be getting a bit frustrated.

"Look, just - I don't trust him.  He's...gotten in trouble a few times.  He's got a whole bunch of rumors going around him and...."  Byunghun trailed off when he saw the confusion written all over Chanhee's face.  Sighing, he cupped his childish brother's face, running his fingers over the smooth cheek.  "I'm...I'm just trying my best to protect you.  I'm afraid of you getting hurt - both physically and emotionally.  I'll try to let you be more...free from now on.  Just...be careful, okay?  When Hoya hyung tries to hurt you in any way or try to pressure you into things that you don't want to, then come tell me, okay?"

The smile that Chanhee gave in return was probably the brightest thing that Byunghun had ever seen in his life.

*~*~*

The next week, Chanhee and Byunghun were walking to school when Hoya came up behind them and lightly tackled them.  Byunghun, who, as we all know, didn't really take a fancy to Hoya, frowned and pushed him away, dragging Chanhee away with him.  On the other hand, Chanhee was going to say hello or something to Hoya before he was going to get taken away.  

"Byungie~ you told me that you'd give me more freedom!" Chanhee whined softly, struggling as Byunghun's grip on his arm tightened slightly.

"I take it back," Byunghun replied.  He pulled Chanhee towards him a bit more and then wrapped an arm around the taller boy's shoulder.  "I'm not going to let you out of my sight.  And I'm not going to let you near him.  Got it?"

Chanhee was too busy trying to calm down his racing heart to listen.  It had been a fairly long time since he actually felt Byunghun this close to him physically, and the sudden heat rushing to his face was just too much.  "But...," he started, glancing at his brother.  

Byunghun looked back at Chanhee and when his eyes were met with those doe-like eyes, he felt something move inside of him.  He bit the inside of his cheek, and then glanced back at Hoya, who was walking alone behind them, kicking some snow.  After a moment of thought, he sighed in defeat.  "Go ahead," he finally muttered, letting go of Chanhee.

"THANK YOU BYUNGIE!" Chanhee cried, glomping his brother.  He then ran back to Hoya, who he glomped, too.

Byunghun huffed and stuffed his hands into his pockets, picking up his pace to get to school.  Recently, he felt something gnawing inside of him whenever he saw Chanhee being happy with someone who wasn't him.  And then when he was with Chanhee, he kept on getting really weird feelings, and his heart always beat really quickly.  "Maybe I'm sick?" he asked himself.

But he wasn't stupid.  He'd felt this feeling more than a lot.  But he wasn't going to admit it.

*~*~*

"So...Hoya hyung, how do I do it?" Chanhee asked once he was sure Byunghun was out of earshot.

"Well, you live with him, right?  So then...just...tell him," Hoya replied, smiling his bright, toothy-grin.  

"But that's too hard.  I...I'm not very...courageous," Chanhee protested, a pink color slowly creeping up to his cheeks.  "And...he...he'll say that it's wrong.  That we shouldn't date.  And yeah."  

Hoya sighed, watching his breath swirl around in the cold air like white smoke.  "Look, Chanhee.  I know how nerve-wracking it would be to tell someone that you like them.  But I told you, didn't I?"  Hoya studied Chanhee's face carefully.  He smiled then, this time a soft, caring smile.  "Do you think that I didn't mean that?  Those rumors - they're not true.  Well, most of them aren't."  Hoya laughed lightly, and then turned serious again.  "You might be scared of getting rejected, but rejection...isn't all that bad.  You rejected me because you love Byunghun.  That's bloomed a pretty nice friendship, right?"

"Yeah, but...."

"Right.  So stop being a coward and go tell him."

*~*~*

A/N: I updated a bit.  I have to leave now, so this is all I could do.... T_T I'll update again soon (as possible)~ ._.
Have a lovely week (or however long I'll be gone) everyone~ ^_^