My friends crush

The princess, the psycho, the idiot and me

I entered the school by the main gate when of course my friend Donghae, popped out of nowhere like every day and rushed beside me to keep track because I walk really fast everytime I see him coming. Actually he wasn’t really my friend like in ‘my’, I was rather ‘his’ friend but we will get to that point soon enough.
He had this grin on his face again. This huge smile that went from ear to ear and he looked cute like an excited puppy.
I hate him.
"What did you do yesterday? “ not even waiting for my answer he continued "You know what I did?" he asked then excited and even jumped a little in his walking. What is he expecting? But every time I gave him a grumpy answer he seems to have forgotten it after a few seconds and just tries again and again.
"No" I said hoping that he would get the hint this time and looked at my watch. Just 5 minutes left till class. I hated being late and still had to get things out of my locker. Of course it was one of the lockers near the stairs to the basement at the very end of the hallway. They always gave those lockers to pupils who look like they just needed a place where they could get attacked without other peoples around who might intervene and or god forbid, even help.
Why I got one there too I didn’t know though.
Something was missing. I looked around to see a pouting Donghae standing a few meters behind me. I sighed. This got me every ing time. You can’t deny him anything if he looks at you like that. "Ok. Tell me" I resigned and made a small hand gesture to make him moving again. We both had the first class together anyway.
There was it again, that huge smile and within a blink he was by my side again.
While we rushed to the end of the hallway he started “My mom and I baked a cake yesterday isn’t that awesome?” He stared at me like he was expecting some huge reaction. Of course he didn’t get one so he continued “And guess what a cake? A panda cake. P a n d a.  It wasn’t even my birthday or so, we just baked it. It’s super tasty. I saved you the left ear. You want it now? Maybe you want it later to lunch, right? Just ask me then and we can eat it together. Ok?...ok?” he babbled non stop and I can't believe he is serious. He isn’t, right? But I didn’t get to answer that anyway then of course Hyukjae followed by a bored looking Heechul made their way over to us.
While Donghae beside me got nervous as I was pressed into my locker by a grinning psycho. Why the hell was I pressed against something all that time anyway? Are they that fanciless? My head captured between his arms when he eyed me with his ugly slightly stuck out eyes, his mouth slowly opened probably to say some of the he always said.
But there were little huffs and puffs coming from my left and then somehow Donghae seemed to manage to say something and I just wished he didn’t.
“It’s Hyukjae” he squealed between his huffs like a fangirl right before she fainted.
I was literally dumbstruck and to my luck so was that . Too bad he wasn’t forever but to my surprise he turned his lingering gaze off me, looked over right to Donghae, winked and said with his  gummy smile “Hi cutie”
I swear there was no sound in the whole ing school for a felt like eternity, or at least till the moment Donghaes eyes went wide and he blushed into a deep red. Then his bag slipped off his shoulder, fell onto the floor and he just run off. Just like that. While we three, me still pinned between Hyukjaes arms, watched Donghaes back disappear behind the corner someone commented “Well, THAT surely was interesting for once” Of course that came from Heechul and I caught a glimpse over Hyukjaes shoulder right in the moment as he flinched a long black hair strain back to its place.
Then he spared me a short glance, tapped on that s shoulder and said “Lets go” and they strolled off as well, of course in a more slowly way then ‘my’ friend before.
Donghaes bag looked at me like it wanted to laugh out loud as I picked it up from the floor. Sighing I swung it over my shoulder and finally opened my locker to get the books I needed for the first class of the day.
That was the big point why that faithless fellow wasn’t my friend. Or would you consider someone as a friend who fanboys over a guy who beats you into a pulp almost once a week?
When he told me about his crush for the first time I didn’t freaked out that he was gay, I really have no problems with homos as long as they don’t bother me, no it was the fact that he was gay for Lee ing Hyukjae. I still can’t believe it. And now he just made an idiot out of himself and the worst is that freakin psycho even seemed to like it. I have a feeling that I will never hear the end of it. Is the whole world turning gay or something?
But then again his blackout spared me a beating. Apparently King Heechul was so entertained that he didn’t need to see me bleeding and that was after all a good thing.
I remember that there was one time some fellow student came rushing to help me after Hyukjae was done with his ‘workout’ and asked me later why I didn’t just shove him off since that guy was actually shorter than me.
Sadly being taller didn’t mean that I was stronger since my ‘workout’ consisted only gaming.
I probably have the most muscular forefinger you ever saw, but I guess just Bruce Lee would be able to win a fight with just a finger, so I’m out.
And on top of that I couldn’t risk the problems that would follow after that.
My mom went through a tough time when it became more and more clear that my brother was a letdown in almost everything.
When he turned 15 he run around the neighborhood like a maniac, beaten and blackmailed the kids, he skipped school, his grades went down and he drank himself into oblivion as often he could till he got kinda expelled from school. Or at least the director suggested to send him to a more ‘easier’ school.
I was never told what went wrong with him or why he suddenly had turned this way but my family always hidden problems from me. Probably out of some protective instinct or so.
He never spoke to me anyway and I couldn’t care less but since then my family's expectations lay all on me and I surely can’t betray my mother like that just to get out of some little bullying.
Ok, it wasn’t just little, but like I told already I can handle it.
I for myself didn’t want to get into trouble too. I can’t get into problems with the school that maybe would end into expels and then worse grates. I need to get a stipendium for the university I wish to go to and I couldn’t afford to be less than perfect.
Truth to be told I was just waiting for the perfect time for my revenge and since I wasn’t some low class I was going to beat him with my brain.
And here we’re coming to the point why Kim Heechul was so important. After all he was the school's king or like I would say 'princess' you must know that pretty looked rather feminine. You might get confused about his gender when you look at his face but when you see just his back no one would believe that he was a guy. He was tall, had black long hair, his legs were so skinny and seemed to end just right under his armpits and his was small and firm. Girls would give anything to look like that from behind. I didn’t think about his right now right? Oh god I did. But he surely looks like a girl and no men could just not look at it. Or not? Or...ah whatever. He was the princess and he ruled the school and everyone who happened to be in it. People wanted to please him, to sit at his table or get invites to a party or what the hell else.
He said what or who were in or out. He made you go up and down in the society ladder and he decided who gets beaten or not. Somehow I must have done something to anger him in the past but I really can’t think of anything. Maybe I looked at him for too long or some ridiculous like that. I didn’t know.
The locker shut I walked over to my math class and took my usual seat in the front window side after I dropped Donghaes bag beside his table and before he could say anything at all. The teacher rushed into the class and apologized for being late. It seems even me was lucky sometimes. I should do lottery today. During the class here and then some crumpled paper balls hit the back of my head but I did a good job in ignoring them.
But when an eraser hit me as well and it ing hurt I turned to look at a waving Donghae a few rows behind my seat.
He looked as he was about to burst. I frowned and turned to the front again. He was probably dying to tell me everything about that Hyukjae encounter, forgetting that I was there too. Good thing I needed to rush to English literature while he had some class right next to this one. I would make sure to leave as fast as I could.