Flashback

Baby please. Please forgive me. [Hiatus till further notice]

 

He looked at me, his eyes filled with guilt. He planted a kiss on my forehead, “Baby I’m sorry” and he smoothed out the frown that was distinct on my forehead. He pulled up the blanket over me and went out. Thinking of sleeping in the study room.

“I’m such a disgusting creature..” ByungHun ruffled his hair in annoyance.

The next morning, I woke up to feel a dull pain in my neck. A sudden gush of fear engulfed me. Where’s Byunghun? Will he do that to me again? I steadied myself as I walk towards to the door. As I was about to reach for the knob, the door swung open. Standing infront of me was ByungHun.

“C-come down, breakfast’s ready.” He looked away, guilty conscience obviously eating him up. “Sorry for yesterday night.” He turned and walked down the stairs.

-

I desperately scrubbed my neck to get that damn dried bloodstain off, resulting in my skin becoming sore and red. I was relieved that there were no bite marks. I gathered my hair to the side I was bitten and went down.

“Morning my dear Ji Yeon, have you slept well?” Sister Mariah said with a grin plastered on her face. “M-morning. Yes..” I was still feeling weak due to the shock and the sudden lost of blood. “Are you okay my dear? You look awfully pale.”

“I’m alright.. Just a little tired with a bit of headache.” I lied.

I glanced at ByungHun, who was poking his poached egg. With his elbow on the table and his head resting on his fist, the other hand poking the egg. He sensed me looking at him and he looked up. Our gazes locked for a few seconds before I abruptly turned away.

-

“I’m done eating, I’ll wash the dishes first before I go up and rest.” I gave a faint smile to Sister Mariah. “Hold it, you’ll go up and rest, I’ll do the dishes.” Sister Mariah gave me a stern look and I nodded.

“I think I should go up and check on her, I will be right back Sister Mariah.”

“Go.”

-

“Ji Yeon? Han Ji Yeon. Open the door. Answer me!” The moment I opened the door, ByungHun charged in. I was taken aback and I stepped backwards. He closed the door after him. “Are you alright?”

“Why did you lie about you being bitten?” I bit my lower lip, trying to contain the anger and worry inside of me.

Part of me was angry at him for lying. Why must he lie? He could have sought help from Sister Mariah. Part of me was feeling worried. What if Sister Mariah found out he was lying? She’ll be so furious. She hates it the most when people lie to her. She’ll be even more furious and agitated if she knew that I was bitten.

“I’m sorry. I-I I don’t know.”

I sighed at his answer. Suddenly, I felt my head churning.

I collapsed to the floor as I felt the pain as strong as a million needles pricking on my brain. I clutched my head, the pain was agonizing.

“Ji Yeon! Ji Yeon!” ByungHun screamed.

The pain was so torturous to the point that I started writhing about on the cold floor.

“B-byung H-H-Hun..”

My eyes were watery with the sheer agony and my breathing came out in sharp, shallow rasps. I was gasping for air. Cold sweat dripped down the side of my temple and covered my forehead in a thin lustre.
"H-help," I felt suffocated.

Images of that fateful day flashed into my mind. The images won’t go away despite my efforts in trying to get back to reality.

It hurts, my heart..

ByungHun was at lost, he didn’t know what to do. Seeing you in this state made my heart break. It was also equally as painful for me to see you like this.

“I’ll call sister Mariah!”

“No!” I grabbed his hand and prevented him from approaching Sister Mariah for help.

“I’ve been getting all these images in my mind and dreams lately, its just today’s images were more painful to recall..”

-

My hands fell, the pain in my head was subsiding. I felt better by the second.

“What were the images?”

“2 adults.. dead. Infront of me. I have no idea who they are.”

“You need some rest.”

-

That night

ByungHun was sleeping soundly in his room when he heard some one calling his name.

“Lee ByungHun.”

“What the? Who are you!” ByungHun rubbed his eyes.