Beautiful Stranger

Baby please. Please forgive me. [Hiatus till further notice]

 

It was a solemn winter night and the mood was sullen and dark. The bare driveway made of dirt and rocks were covered with a blanket of cold and smooth white snow. The fallen fluffy flakes grasp onto the branches of the bare trees, the night was silent. There were neither any cars nor trucks in sight.

“I wish spring will come soon..” You mumbled to yourself, your breath was smoking up the cold window pane. You wiped the steam off the window with the hem of your sweater sleeve and peered out. “A penny for your thoughts Ji Yeon?” Sister Mariah stopped beside you.

“Nothing.. I just hope that Spring comes soon. Winter is just too dead silent..” You gave Sister Mariah a faint smile.

“In a week’s time, it’ll come. Go to sleep, its already late..” She patted your head and went inside the bedroom.

-

That night, you couldn’t sleep. You were tossing and turning around in bed, deep in thoughts.

Where are my parents now? Why am I living with Sister Mariah? Whenever I try to pry about my parent’s whereabouts, Sister Mariah’s face will never fail to show disappointment. I guess she doesn’t want me to know what had happened to them.. Perhaps they were overseas? Bu—.. Ouch..

Your head throbbed for a moment and you sat up to massage your temples, before deciding to go to the kitchen to have some milk. That way, it’ll make you fall asleep faster.

-

You made yourself a cup of warm milk and sat down at the counter. You were enjoying the warm milk when you heard distinct faint knocks on the wooden door. You froze for a second, your heart was palpitating rapidly in anxiety. Who could it be at this point of time? It’s already 1am! What if its… them..?

You rummaged through the kitchen cabinets and took out a barbeque metal skewer. Holding onto it firmly, you made your way to the door. You braced yourself for what you were going to deal with later. You had never answered doors in the middle of the night, much less kill them..

You turned the knob open, revealing a little gap. But the weight lying on the door made it swing open. The figure plopped down onto the floor. You stood there, horrified.

“Help me… Please..” It was a male. The male managed to sit up and he lifted his head up. The both of you made eye contact. His eyes are beautiful..

His hair was of sleek platinum blonde but with a few tousled strands standing up. The beautiful stranger had dark chocolate eyes that peered through a row of long and thick eyelashes. His eyes showed a hint of sorrow. He reached his long slender fingers out to you, they’re shivering in the cold.

“Help…” His tone was unbearably bitter, it is as if he needed desperate help…

The fear in you vanished. Curiosity got the better of you as you reached out and touched him on his fingertips. He felt warm.

He pushed himself forward and held your fingers. His lips were pale. You noticed that there were dried blood on his neck, down to his collar, but you did not hesitate so much as you brought the beautiful stranger in.

Beautiful stranger’s POV
That girl is beautiful… I felt my vision go grey around the edges and then the greyness spread over everything and soon, I out. The last thing I heard was her melodious voice.

-

You put the beautiful stranger’s arm over your shoulders and you led him inside. The beautiful stranger started to feel heavier by the second. You couldn’t take his weight anymore, his body started to slide down and his front swung towards your chest. The both of you fell to the floor, with him on top of you. You yelped in pain when you felt your aching. His and your faces were only a few inches away.

Straight nose bridge..

You felt your cheeks burning as you struggled to free yourself from the weight. You wanted Sister Mariah to help, but you knew her too well. She’ll prolly flare up and throw this poor guy out in the cold. A voice inside your head told you to sneak him in. Besides, he doesn’t look like one of them. Beautiful stranger’s touch is warm, they are cold. You tried your best to create as little noise as possible when dragging him up to your room.

You decided to keep him inside your room until he wakes up. He’s running a fever. You ran down the stairs and took a basin filled with tap water and dipped the cloth inside. You placed the damp cloth on his forehead.

You settled for the couch while you let the stranger have your bed. You covered him in your blanket, attempting to make him sweat his fever away. Sister Mariah taught you this method to make the fever subside. In between your sleep, you would wake up and change the re-dip the cloth into the water. It’s working, he’s sweating so much now.

-

The dawn came, the stranger woke up to find himself in a different environment. “Ahh..” He hissed as his clutched onto his neck. “..” He cursed. You stirred in your sleep, the stranger turned his head to look at you.

She’s cute when she’s stirring in her sleep..

He then realised he was sleeping on your bed.

Silly lass, you should have slept here.

He stood up and cradled you before gently putting you down onto your bed. He sat down beside your bed and stared at your sleeping face. You felt yourself being watched, you immediately shot your eyes open. You found yourself staring straight into a pair of beautiful eyes. The stranger turned his face away as he was taken aback,  turning pink in the process. 

img-thing%3F.out%3Djpg%26size%3Dl%26tid%

Hey readers! First chapter! What do you think?