4. Ring

Drabble Challenge Ft. FaiYan

 

 

 

Yuya held Fai's hand and gave it a light squeeze as soon as he saw the van taking them to the airport. It's their first day out of the country to do their Asia tour in Taiwan and he just can't bear leaving Fai behind.
His girlfriend in turn just smiled at him as if saying that everything will be okay.

 

“Baka! You’re so over acting! It’s not like you’re going for a year! It’s only two weeks, you idiot!”



"Maa~ I don’t mind being an idiot..." he whispered and left her a peck on the lips... "I'll miss you..."



-


Only a day had passed and Yuya can't help but to constantly think about Fai. And as soon as they landed in Taiwan International Airport, he immediately dialled a long distance call hoping that the girl back home will pick up.



"Hello? Fai-chan?"



"Yuya ~ how was your trip?" Fai silently smiled over the phone after hearing her boyfriend's voice.
"Have you eaten all good stuff there? Tsk~ Glutton…”



"Of course I did! But that’s not the point of me calling you! I... I just called to tell you how much I miss you!"

 

“You’re being more cheesy by the minute Yuya~”

 


--
 


*few days later*



It's Hey! Say! JUMP's last day in Taiwan and all the members are given time to go around the town centre - sightseeing and enjoy the air of another country.



Yuya went along with Yamada who seems to be picking out gifts back at home - something for Rio. He just came with the idea of helping his friend go shopping before his gaze was locked on one particular jewellery that absorbed all his attention.
He eyed a ring on display that somehow shouted the name of his girlfriend through it.
He smiled and immediately bought the ring... 


"This is perfect..." he mouthed.



-


After a few hours of long journey, Yuya immediately went to Fai's house only to find his own treasure - Fai herself.


"I missed you..." he hugged the petite girl and cupped her face. He soon pulled a small box from his pocket and presented it to the girl... "I have something for you..."



Fai blinked twice as he saw a ring being given by Yuya. She saw the boy placing the ring on her finger and expected it to fit into her 'ring' finger.

 

However,

 

“WAIIIIIIIIT!!! CHOTTO MATTE!!” Fai said in sudden panic. Having to see Yuya in front of her with a ring made her quite nervous. IS THIS A PROPOSAL? She blinked twice and stepped a few steps backward from her position… “I-I … So not ready for this mister! I’m not even 18 yet!”

 

By this, Yuya gave off a confused expression and suddenly chuckled at Fai’s reaction. He laughed continually having registered what Fai is thinking inside her head – MARRIAGE PROPOSAL.

 

“You top all your subjects academically but you failed to read one guy’s mind! BAKA!”

 

 

Yet, to her suprise, Yuya slipped the ring on her PINKY finger instead - perfectly fitting on hers. Fai raised an eyebrow after seeing this and an obvious sign of relief was soon let off.



"A promise ring..." Yuya started... "I promise to take care of you... Promise to make you happy... Promise to love you till the day I die... And most especially, I promise to be with you forever" he continued his phrases like a proper “proposal”; trying to tease Fai further on the reaction she gave earlier.



"I love you Fai..." he continued that in turn earned him a full kiss from his blushing girlfriend… “I promise I’ll do better on my real proposal…” he chuckled which was enough to make Fai give him a light punch on the arm.