3. Kato Rubi

Drabble Challenge Ft. FaiYan

 

 

 

It was the nth time when Fai visited Japan for a vacation. By this, her boyfriend Yuya never failed to accompany her and give Fai a nice view of the different parts of the city.

Yuya showed similar views to Fai like a real tour guide with his foreigner nodding away to the beauty of Tokyo. However, this time round, it was different. Yuya brought Fai to the Johnny's Jimusho to finally meet all the Jump members.



Within an instance, Fai found herself face to face with half of the members and a bashful smile escaped her lips.



"So, you're Fai-chan... The one who always texts him and he even use dictionary to reply… Do you know Yuya is always blushing while talking about you?" Yabu remarked before seeing a blushing Yuya in front. He was about to cover Yabu’s mouth but a sudden smile was left off by Fai that hindered him to do so.



"Nice to finally meet you, Yabu-kun!" 



Fai suddenly felt a few people approaching her and stealing friendly handshakes - started by the squirrel boy, Chinen Yuri.
It's not long when Yuya felt himself being shoved away from Fai that made him pout. He was about to pull Fai back but a sudden shake on his arm was felt.
It was someone familiar – Kato Rubi.



"Ahh~ Rubi-chan!" Yuya smiled brightly and greeted the girl.



After hearing this, Fai's eyes landed on the two and just saw something different from her boyfriend. She suddenly felt a clutching pain from her chest as she knew that Rubi is the one that she thinks suits Yuya on any angle. Indeed, she knows the rumour about them dating. In fact the photos she had seen with them still lingers through Fai’s mind.



"I'm just here to give this back to you..." Rubi placed a CD on Yuya's hand that earned an immediate smile from him.



"Thanks..."
 


-


*lunch time*



A few hours later - after seeing Rubi, Fai was quiet and decided to minimise her own conversation with Yuya as the scene kept coming back to her. This is not gone unnoticed by the genius man himself.



"What's wrong?" he asked with a concern tone of voice.

"Nothing~"



"Tell me~" Yuya requested as he knows for a fact that Fai is indeed acting weird.

 

“Okay… You know Avogadro’s constant  6.0221415 × 10^23 mol-1” Fai started, to avoid her boyfriend getting back to the subject of him and Rubi. Yet, Yuya can read Fai like a book. He may not be the sharpest tool but when it comes to Fai, he knows everything… “It can be used as…”

 

“STOP!” Yuya interfered while poking Fai’s lips in the process… “Whenever you state those things, I know there’s something wrong… Now spill!”



"It's nothing~” Fai frowned at Yuya’s finger on her lips and started glaring at the latter. But then Yuya started pinching her left cheek which made her wince in pain.

 

“You tell me right now or I’ll pinch your cheek off!”

 

“Okay okay! Geez~  I just didn't know you're so close to Rubi-chan..." Fai silently said while looking down the table... "You guys look cute together..."



Sensing the atmosphere almost immediately, Yuya faced Fai fully and beamed a smile in front of her.
"Are you jealous?"



"Ehh? No! I'm not!" she said with a tint of crimson on her face… “Why should I? If ever I’ll be jealous, that would be to the person who invented the proton accelerator!”



"Awww babe~ you don't have to be! She's just a friend..."  Yuya chuckled before leaving a soft peck on Fai's cheeks – ignoring her usual ‘genius statements’... "Let's sort this out now..." Yuya suddenly said as he found Rubi's figure near the cafeteria. It's like fate playing that brought her there.
 


Within a flash, Yuya pulled Fai's hand and walked towards Rubi.



"Rubi-chan~ this is Fai..." Yuya started... "My girlfriend..."



With eyes widen, Fai can't help but to be speechless after realising that her boyfriend just introduced her to Rubi Kato - the girl she admire since she and Yuya became a couple. 
Fai was about to pull Yuya out of Rubi's sight but a sudden chuckle was heard from the latter.



"Ahh~ she's Fai-chan? The one you always talk about?" Rubi said then turned to Fai's direction... 



"He's a helpless romantic! He told me so much about you..." 



A sudden blush touched Fai's face that made a sudden block on . Fai saw Rubi's figure fading when Yuya leaned forward and looked at Fai in the eyes...
"I told you... You're the only one for me..." he whispered then placed a kiss on her lips - not minding the people around them. This is the first time Fai's insecurity towards Rubi disappeared along with the sweet kiss coming from her boyfriend.