Chapter 9 : Till the End of Time...I want to Grow Old with You Part 1

It's Fate that Playing with Us 2

“Oppa, should I abort it?” Jessica asked barely above a whisper.

“It’s between the both of you,” Yunho said as a matter of fact. “I know you truly love this man, shouldn’t you tell him? At least you gave him an option, what will happen if he found out that you aborted his child.” Let out a sigh, he continues, “He might be confused for now. You’ll never know if you don’t make things clear.”

-

Yuri was staring at the picture he had taken with Gyuri four years ago in Paris. During that time they were so happy together. Their love was so strong that nothing can come between. In spite of that, he somehow will strange to have her in his arms once again. The feeling they used to have no longer existed. He just felt weird and uncertain with his own thoughts.

The vibration of his phone on the coffee table awaken him from faze. He sees the caller ID and it was Jessica, someone he dares not to face at this moment. “Hello,” he picked it up to hear a frail voice from Jessica. “Not feeling well, you sounded sick,” worries overwhelm him upon hearing her voice.

“I’m fine,” Jessica bit her lips as she was on the verge of tearing upon having the picture of him with Gyuri. “I…I suddenly…think of you, so I thought of giving you a call.”

Hearing that, it somehow made him relaxed. “I miss you too, it’s been so long we didn’t meet and have a walk in the street. Shall we have one tomorrow? I’m free for the whole day.”

“Okay, let’s meet at the Ferris Wheel,” Jessica eyes were all red. “Bye, see you there…” Jessica was about ending the call but stopped as he heard Yuri’s abrupt voice.

“Hey Jessica,” he relieved to hear her voice again. “You’re hanging up so fast? Or why don’t I call you instead.”

“It’s getting late, I shall sleep already,” Jessica said.

“Fine then, sleep tight.”

“You too…bye,”

Pressing on the red button, the screen display shows the picture of his and Jessica. Their smiles were so bright and wide. It was then he realized, the time he had spend with Jessica was the happiest he ever had. With Jessica, he needs not to worry about anything. Although she is always sick but Jessica was completely different than Gyuri. Jessica is independent. She rather to lock herself in hardship then asking his help, she would never want him to frets over her problem. Being with Gyuri, everyday he needs to think of a reason in order to avoid his dad. Every day, Gyuri would bugs him, question him when will they get married. Question on when they can officially be seen as a pair.

Awhile ago, he realizes, Gyuri was out of his mind the moment he hears Jessica’s voice. Perhaps, his heart has made a decision. He always thought his heart was solely occupied by Gyuri but the truth is, Jessica has somehow changed him.

-

“Oppa…” Jessica ran towards his direction. “I’m sorry for being late,” she could hardly catch her breath.

Brushing off the strand of hair that poking her eyes, he can’t help but to smile, “Although ladies have rights in coming late, but not an hour late. Are you planning to keep me freezing here.” He said whilst removing his scarf to wrap it around her neck, “Winter has came late this year, are you planning to kill yourself to not use scarf and, see your hands are freezing cold. Where is your glove?”

Jessica can no longer hold back her laughter as she laughed out, “You’re being like aunty here…”

He slightly hits her forehead with his two fingers, “I’m being caring for you. What if you catch a cold, I’m not planning to postpone our engagement party,” before finishing it, he paced towards the Ferris wheel.

Follow behind, Jessica was rather taken aback to hear that. “Is he serious?” she was still caught in the incident happened last night.

Stepping into the Ferris wheel, it moves slowly which enable them to share their thoughts. Having his arm securely around her waist, he whispered into her ears, “Did you eat a lot lately, your waist, how should I say. Feels like widened, gain some fats…”

“Kwon Yuri,” she released his hand and glared at him. “Are you trying to say I’m fat?”

“Aren’t you,” he teased laughingly. Jessica pouted and looked away from him to the sceneries from Lotte World. “Okay, my fault. You’re still slim; we’re here at the peak…”

“Make a wish then,” Jessica suggested suddenly.

She looks into his eyes, trying hard to read what’s in his mind. As expected, he was wishing for the one he love but not her.

“Yuri oppa…”

“Hmm…” he turned to her.

“Do you like kids?”

“Not too fond with it,” Yuri truthfully answered. “Why?”

Looking away, she avoids letting him see the tears in her eyes, “Just curious…nothing much.”

As the ride ended, Yuri stepped out first before reaching for her hand. “Shall we have a walk in Han River before dinner; we still have plenty of time.”

She just nodded her head.

-

Heading towards the conference room, Tiffany had been feeling sick lately. Her appearance describes how frail she is. Walking along the hallway, she shakes her head a little to get rid of the sleepiness as it have been two days she had not sleep in order to get the work done. It should be done together with Taeyeon, but ever since the quarrel, she has not returned home. Taeyeon was the only soul in the mansion that filled with coldness he came to afraid the most. Tiffany knows it very well that silence atmosphere is the one thing that he came to fear. A small hope emerged in her, hoping to be by his side, having him by her side day and night.

As she walks, she halted upon seeing her that one person she love the most. They looked into each other eyes sharing the same pain. Hoping that he could reach out his hand for her to touch the frail figure that stood few steps before him, but his body just didn’t want to move. Taeyeon was unsure what exactly revolving them this time around. He can’t imagine he would say that. But deep inside, he didn’t want that. Divorce was something he will never want. He wished he did not mention that and has the courage to secure her fragile body with his arms.

Tiffany tightened her grip on the document file she has in her hands, taking in a deep breath, she make her move. Making her way towards Taeyeon; brushes passed him without even looking at him. Tears restraining in her eyes that had soon redden it, the tears flow down as her back was the only thing within Taeyeon’s sight.

“I’m sorry, I don’t mean it,” Taeyeon mouthed as a drip of tears flowed.

-

-Han River-

Walking hand in hand, Yuri could feel her hand getting colder, “Very cold?”

“Huh…” it awaked her from bewilderment. “What did you just said?”

“I’m asking if you are cold.” Yuri said. “What’s wrong, you’ve been in faze since after the ride. Not feeling well?” he placed his palm on her forehead.

“Oppa…”

“Right, it’s strange,” he interrupted. “Since when did you start calling me oppa?”

“Let me say it first,” Jessica looked down on the floor. “Maybe we should think about postponing the engagement party, give yourself some time to think about it.” She withdraws her hand from his and slowly takes her steps towards the car that had just stopped behind Yuri’s.

Stunned by her sudden decision, Yuri felt his foot as if planted on the ground that caused him unable to move in time. As he soon realized, he ran after her. Pulling her backward, he hugged her from behind. “Don’t go…I’m not making any decision,” he whispered through her hair.

Holding on the pair of arms around her waist, she retrains the tears, “Be fair to me, don’t do this. You ought to choose for your own happiness, since she’s back; you have the right to go back to her.”

“How did you know,” he turned her around. Jessica remained silent as the tears have soon flow down. “Did she approach you?”

“No,” she shook her head. “I saw the both of you at the hill that night….”

Yuri’s heart thumps as he hears her reply. “It’s not like what you see, I can explain…”

“Don’t do this,” Jessica backed away from Yuri, making a clear boundary before them. “I need some time to sort things out and I know you needed it as well. Give us some time to cool down and think things through thoroughly, okay…”

“Jessica…” he could only mumble whilst seeing her getting into Yunho’s car.

-

“Gyuri, she’s back,” Hyoyeon said.

“She’s back?” Tiffany looked up to Hyoyeon.

Upon seeing that pair of tired and puffy eyes, Hyoyeon held on her hand as he asked, “Tiffany, what happened between you and Taeyeon? You’ve been staying here over the past few weeks. It worries us you know…”

“Don’t worry about me, do Jessica know about this?”

“I’m not too sure…”

“I shall go to her house…” she stood up as soon she makes her step towards the doorway, her sight turned completely black, she has fainted. Immediately, Hyoyeon catch her fall, “Tiffany…”