Chapter 6 : Three Wishes Part 2

It's Fate that Playing with Us 2

With one last press on the enter button, Jessica had finally wrapped up the report she’d stuck in for the past one month. Making her way to the balcony whilst flexing her neck and arms, she can’t help but to think of Yuri again. It had become a routine for her to have him in her mind day and night. Opening the door to the balcony, she found something moving and it was that one person she was dreaming of, Yuri. He was climbing up to her room through the large water pipe.

“By any chance, do you know what you are doing?” Jessica smirked with her hand brought up to her waist.

Yuri looked up to Jessica who is looking down at him with a teasing smirk on face. He awkwardly forced out a smile, “Don’t you feel is a special surprise just for you?”

“It looks like you’re giving me a heart attack rather than a surprise,” Jessica sneered before reaching out her hand in helping him.

Stepping his foot in her balcony, “That’s mean…Mrs. Kwon,” he brushes her hair to the back of her ear while having his hand sliding down her back to her waist.

“When did I change my family name to Kwon,” Jessica turned away. Almost instantly, Yuri wrapped his arms around her waist then pulling her back to him. “Sooner or later you would be one of the Kwon; it’s just a matter of time.”

She tilted her head and looks into his eyes, “What makes you have that conclusion?”

“Well, you’re mine after all,” he shrugged his shoulders.

“Shameless…” she teased then walks back into her room. “There’s a huge main door there welcoming but you opted to climb like a monkey.” Taking a seat at the edge of her bed, she asked, “So what brings you here?”

Squatting before her, he close in their gap and stare into her hazel eyes, “Can’t you see that I’m trying to create a romantic moment for us?”

“Romantic,” she rolled her eyes. “You call this romantic,” she asked disbelievingly.

He nuzzled with her nose whilst feeling ever so calm with the scent from her, “Jessica Jung, don’t you know my heart?”

Instantly, Jessica slightly push against his chest whilst looking at him shockingly, “What do you mean?”

Pinching her nose, he understood what she had misunderstand, “I don’t mean that silly. Here in my heart, it has occupied by a girl name Jessica, my love.”

Feeling touch by his sudden change of attitude, Jessica can’t help but to let the tears enter her eyes. “You’re always like that…there’s not a time, you’ll not make me cry then smile dumbly just for you.”

“Jessica, I promise…you’ll never regret for choosing me, Kwon Yuri,” Yuri smiled as he wiped off the tears flowing down her cheek. “I’m the man for you,” he assured.

She can’t help but to burst out with laughter, “What’s the thing filled in that bag?” while pointing at the paper bag Yuri had placed on the coffee table.

“You didn’t even try and just leave like that…” he paced towards the paper bag and revealed the cookies and tiramisu cake they had just baked together.

“I’d forgotten it completely,” Jessica covered her lips with her palm.

“That describe how important our first time baking together to you,” Yuri pouted as he pretend feeling upset by her.

“Yah…don’t be childish here,” she slightly hits on his arm before tasting the cake. “It’s delicious…”

“Look at you,” Yuri took a napkin to wipe off the stain on her face.

As their gap decreases, Jessica’s heart leaps weirdly without her control. Her heartbeat was so quick that it affects Yuri’s. Staring into her eyes, he gradually touches on her lips whilst having his hand securely on her waist. To his surprise, she did not refuse his kiss and soon it had become ever so passionate.

Looking down to her eyes, Yuri whispered, “On next year’s Valentine’s Day, it would be our wedding day…for now, we’ll engage first.”

Her eyes soon were welled with tears. She could see it with her eyes as each and every word uttered were sincere, she could read his mind. Sealing his lips as her answer, she hung her arms over his neck.

-

Awaken by the sun penetrating through the huge mirror window in their room; Tiffany realized she had fell asleep on the couch last night without even changing into the night dress. Scanning through around the huge room that filled with dead silent, she heaved a sigh as this was the first time her husband never returns home for the whole night. It somehow worries her.

Changing into her another new pair of office wear after washing up, she stepped out from her room to hear noises coming from the main living room.

“Where’s young master?” Mr. Kim yelled to a maid. “I’ve been calling him for almost the whole morning and he’d not return any of my call. Now you’re telling me you don’t know! Where’s young lady master?!”

“Dad, there’s not a need in yelling to them,” Tiffany calmly stepped down from the long flight of stairs. “Not only that they don’t know, the person standing before you here doesn’t know as well.” She turned away and headed to the dining room, “Perhaps, you might get to find him in his office. Pointless to shout and scream at here; you’re just creating sound pollution.”

“You…” he pointed at Tiffany’s back view whilst softly cursing inside, “I don’t know why I would allow Taeyeon marry you.”

“Young lady master, you shouldn’t be provoking Master Kim,” the housekeeper soothed.

Shaking her head, a wry smile could be seen on her face, “He might be angry and flare up to whomever he wants, but not to me.”

“Why is that?”

“Because he knows he himself owes me a lot,” Tiffany began her breakfast.

-

“So how is that?” Sunday walked over to Tiffany’s side, “satisfy with it?”

Closing the document file before taking off her specs, “I’m never dissatisfied with your work. How is So Eun? Growing healthily?”

“Of course she is,” Sunday nodded. “When is your turn?”

Tiffany sighed upon hearing the alleged question, “You do know pregnancy…you can never, neither urge nor you can say when it is. It’s a complicating topic, after all.”

“Anyway, are you planning to have one?” Sunday seated across her.

Before she could answer, her phone rings and it was Taeyeon. Hesitating to pick up the phone, Sunday got up from her seat, “You can’t be escaping it right…it doesn’t suits you, Tiffany Kim.”

“Hello,”

“Tiffany, are you done yet?” his voice sounded dry. “Could we, meet up at the skating rink tonight.”

“See you there,” she ended the call.

Walking relaxingly, her mind was filled with flashbacks of the past. Picture of the day she waited for Taeyeon after their five months separation. She chuckled upon remembering how he sorted his heart into four departments. The reminiscent of the past was so sweet and unforgettable. It somehow made her realized how huge the mistake she’d made this time around.

“Tiffany Kim,” Taeyeon’s voice echoed in the skating rink. He slowly paced towards Tiffany, “You’re always early,” he held on her hand and soon both hands were clasped.

“I’m sorry,” she leaned her forehead against his chest to feel his soft heartbeat. “I was so wrong.”

Pulling her into his arms with his free hand, he whispered through her hair, “It took me whole night to realize…no matter how wrong you were, I still can’t…

“You’re not forgiving me?” Tiffany abruptly looked up to him in scared.

He shook his head, “If you’re given a wish? What would you want, what wish would you make?”

“Stop with those nonsense and ans…” without putting an end to the question, Taeyeon had sealed her lips. Resting his forehead on hers, he looked down to their interlocked fingers. “I’m now giving you three wishes…tell me what your wish is.”

“First, I wish that I’ve not said those words. Second, I wish all of that was only a nightmare. And third, I wish your memory to those words were erased permanently.”

With a snap of fingers, a smile creep in his face, “Your wish comes true. You’ve not said those words, it was only a nightmare and those words in my memory stick were all erased.”

“Taeyeon…”

Wrapping his arms around her slender waist, he pecked on her lips, “Lee Donghae, he was only a small little part in your life. He was a past of yours.” Touching on her cheery lips, he says without having any eye contact, “I’m different as I was once in your past. But for now I’m your present and will be your future.”

“I love you,” Tiffany tiptoed and pecked on his cheek. “I love you more than anything that used to be my past. Kim Taeyeon, you’re destined to be tortured by this devil before you. Won’t you be regret not letting go of this pair of hand?” she avoid having any eye contact with him as tears entering her eyes, “I’m now giving you a chance, if you don’t let go, I’ll never let you off.” Tiffany tiptoed and wrapped her arms around Taeyeon securely.

Tightening the hug, he rested his chin on her shoulder, “I’ll never regret. My whole lifetime is destined to be doomed with you, Tiffany Kim.”