Chapter 7 : The Unexpected Guest Part 1

It's Fate that Playing with Us 2

Ever since that incident happened, Taeyeon and Tiffany’s relation had become ever better. Each and everyone in the company envied the two a lot and Jessica, as always, she wonders how their relationship could become so firm. She has been with Tiffany when she’s with Donghae, but it is different. The relationship Tiffany has with Taeyeon is completely different. It seems, no matter what happen, there’s nothing in this world could tear them apart. Lately, Jessica had been feeling sick the moment she smell and even see food. As Yuri stuck in a huge task, she seldom gets to see him. Once in a week, she might be able to see him if she’s with luck but it tortures her when she realized it’s almost half a month they didn’t meet. It seems like, seeing him is totally depends on luck. Since day one of their marriage, Taeyeon had often get himself involved in almost all Hwang Holdings’ business affairs. It really does bother him to see Tiffany asleep on the document file after dropping a signature on it in the middle of the night. He can’t help but to step his foot in and help her out.

“Alright,” Taeyeon closed the document file before smiled a convincing smile to Mr. Hwang. “Changmin will look after it, so no worries, father.” he stood from his seat whilst handling another copy of the file to Mr. Kim.

Having firm hold on Taeyeon’s shoulder, Mr. Hwang says in smile, “You must be really tired now. Aside from Kim Holdings’ matters, you need to concern about Hwang Holdings’” he looked away to the pile of files on Taeyeon’s desk, “I feel sorry…”

“Tiffany had been really busy with the collaboration development with Lee Corporation,” Taeyeon uttered restlessly, “I can’t be seeing her to get involved in this small matter; it would kill my heart.”

“I’m glad that she found such a great man here standing before me,” Mr. Hwang said.

Placing the document file nonchalantly, he face Mr. Hwang “I dare not to imagine if I’ve not met her. It might be incomplete.” Looking away, something came to his mind, “So that new guy will be reporting to work the day after tomorrow?”

“Yeah, Sunday was shouting out in cheer upon knowing there is someone to fill the AGM post,” Mr. Hwang laughed with Taeyeon joining in.

-

“Hi, I’m Kim Jonghyun,” he bowed before Sunday.

Looking straight into his eyes, she can’t help but to feel surprised by the young man standing before her. “How old are you, young man?”

“Oh…me?” he raised his brow.

“Yeah, you…” Sunday replied whilst still having her eyes on Jonghyun.

Confidently, he answered “23…is there any matter with that?”

“No, of course not,” Sunday shrugged her shoulders. “I was just fazed by your young appearance; in fact you were really young.”

“GM Jin, the president of hwang organisation was 24, so it makes sense to have a 23 pint sized boy to hold the AGM post.”

“Of course, Mr. Hwang passed you after all,” picking up the files, Sunday leads Jonghyun to Tiffany’s office. “You shall pay a visit to the young president.”

-

“What’s wrong,” Tiffany averted her eyes from the computer screen to Jessica, “feel like throwing up again?” she asked while handing Jessica tissues.

“I guess I ate too much last night,” Jessica try her best in avoiding Tiffany’s eyes.

Clicking on the mouse, her face expression turned solemn in a split second, “I just wish you didn’t get yourself pregnant.”

Eyes widened, Tiffany’s last words made Jessica’s heart throbs faster. “Were you too into your work that drives you nuts?” she retorted. “How could I be pregnant?”

“Who knows, there’s no definite in this world.”

‘knock knock’

“Come in,”

“President Hwang,” Sunday paced into her room with Jonghyun follow behind. “This is Kim Jonghyun, our new AGM.” Turning over to him, Sunday introduced, “Jonghyun shi, this is President Hwang, Tiffany Kim.”

“Nice to meet you,” Tiffany reached out her hand for a formal handshake.

Instead of sharing a formal handshake, Jonghyun held her hand and pecked on it. Both Jessica and Sunday were stunned in shocked. They can’t help but to stare at the both of them, motionlessly. Tiffany eyes were widened in fright upon seeing his sudden gesture and it made her heart palpitate ever so fast as she hears his statement.

“If you’re using your husband’s family name, then why are they still be addressed by the name of President Hwang, don’t you feel awkward?”

“What so awkward,” Taeyeon walked over to the two before taking over his wife’s hand from Jonghyun, swiftly. “Whether she’s addressed as President Hwang or Kim, she’s still Tiffany Kim, wife to Kim Taeyeon.”

“I see,” Jonghyun smirked. “President Kim is here. Have you ever heard this, a married pair will always open to a chance of divorcing,” after saying that, he smirked before leaving the room.

Clenching his fist, Taeyeon was about to go after Jonghyun before Tiffany holding him back. “What’s up with that kid?”

A snap of hand from Jessica, it awakens everyone in the room, “I remember. He’s that boy who admires Tiffany in my class.”

“Admire?” Taeyeon tilted his head to send a questioning stare to Tiffany.

“I’m innocent, I don’t even remember of having one,” she made it clear, very fast.

“How could you forget it,” Jessica pointed out, “He’s the one who sends you 99 potted rose during Valentine’s Day.”

“Sounds romantic,” Taeyeon folded his arms.

“Don’t tell me you’re jealous,” Tiffany looked up to him with a frowning expression yet with a smile along.

“We shan’t be light bulbs here,” Jessica slid her hand into Sunday’s while heading towards the exit leaving the pair of sweet husband wife alone.

Closing the door behind, Sunday turned to Jessica, “Where are you heading to? It’s still early and you are no longer needed in Jung Holdings since Yuri forbidden you to.”

“Planning to visit the travel agency,” Jessica smiled a blissful smile, “Honeymoon…”

“Yah…that smile on your face is really annoying, you know.”

“Bye…” she turned around heading her way to the elevator lobby. Once again, she felt like throwing up but nothing is coming out. Looking at her watch she thought of having a check up before leaving to the travel agency since there is still plenty of time.

-

“How many times have I told you to not interfere with the organization’s affairs?” Yuri threw the document file on desk before turning to face his father.

“At this moment, you should be accompanying Jessica in preparing for the wedding and not stick your nose with some sort of small matters. Jessica could handle those little things.”

Tightening his fists, Yuri try hard in holding back his anger, “It’s that what you really want me to do or you don’t want me to interfere with this project?” tilting his head over his shoulder, “Do you know what the reason is to why I hated so much to step into Kwon Holdings?” he turned away from Mr. Kwon before brushing passed him. “It’s because you have no faith in me…”

Taking out his phone, he dialed Jessica’s number but there was no respond. Time and again he tried but it was still the same reply. Hopping into his car, he sped down to Hwang Holdings’ direction. Stepping out from his car, he paced into the huge office building to see Taeyeon and Tiffany walking hand in hand, happily.

“Hey Yuri,” Taeyeon waved. “Here to take Jessica?”

“I’m afraid lady luck isn’t by your side today,” Tiffany sneered.

Taeyeon chuckled, “Jessica had left around 11 this morning. You should have given her a call, didn’t you?”

A long sigh was heaved as Yuri looked away from the romantic pair, “Perhaps, there were more than 20 missed calls if her phone is .”

“Jessica seldom turn off her phone,” Tiffany stated, “Maybe her phone run out of battery.”

“Neither will she let her phone in a low battery state,” Yuri mumbled as he understand her too. She’s not the type of person who will leave her phone or let it run out of battery when she knows it was the most important thing to her.

“Come again,” Taeyeon frowned with the unclear words from Yuri. Tiffany smiled, “Feeling worried? Maybe she’s with Yunho oppa now, who knows. Yunho oppa hated to have mobile phone interrupting.”

Upon hearing Yunho’s name, Yuri abruptly turned to Tiffany. “I shall make my move first.”

Seeing Yuri out of their sight, Taeyeon turned to Tiffany, “You do really love to provoke Yuri nowadays.”

“I just wish to wake him up from the past…”

-

In the end, Jessica went to the maternity clinic on the next day. Pulling the curtain, the nurse handed the doctor Jessica’s personal record. Seated across her close friend, Yoona, Jessica can’t help but to feel her body shivering though the temperature in the room was high. It was the result of the report that caused her heart thumped million times faster than usual. She has never experienced such fear ever since her mother passed away. Clasping her hands and placed on the desk, her face expression tells Yoona that she’s ready.

“Jessica Jung,” Yoona stared into Jessica’s eyes, “You used to say, you’ll keep this after marriage. What you’ve gotten yourself into?”

Bringing up her head to face Yoona, “Will you keep this as a secret between us?” her dry voice pleaded.

Sighing heavily, Yoona can’t help but to promise Jessica, “As a doctor, it is my responsibility to not reveal patient’s health report. No worries.”

Silence filled the room as Jessica was staring still at the same point, millions of frets gushing through her mind. Walking over to her side, Yoona held on her shoulder, “I want you to think about it thoroughly. Given the relationship between you and Yuri, are you both really ready for this.”

Patted on the hand that placed on her shoulder, Jessica forced out a smile, “I’ll take care of myself. He has the right to know this; I’ll tell him so need not to concern over this matter.”

-

Late in the afternoon, once Tiffany wrapped up with all her work, she leaved to the clinic for a checkup. Caught in the middle of the traffic jammed road, she was thankful that she did not drive by herself. The moment reaching her friend’s maternity clinic, she stepped out from the car. Having her steps up to the clinic, upon opening the door, she bumped into a familiar body, a piece of paper slipped out the envelope.