Chapter 4 : A Step Back in Time Part 2

It's Fate that Playing with Us 2

....................

“There’s many ways of finding answer to certain things,” Yuri pointed out. “Aren’t you and Yunho make a perfect pair?” he stood before her with his knees bent to her eye level and teased jokingly.

“How did you know?” Jessica was rather taken aback to know that Yuri knows Yunho and her have an arranged marriage.

“And that gives you the answer to what I’ve just said,” Yuri paced off her with his hands tug in his pants pockets.

“He gets someone to check on me?” her voice trails off. “Hey, Kwon Yuri,” she runs up to him.

“So are you planning to be an ignorant to this marriage or you‘ll is obedient…”

...................

“So are you planning to be an ignorant to this marriage or you‘ll is obedient…”

He was cut off as Jessica tiptoed; pecked on his lips, “And that answer your question, didn’t I?”

“As I’ve said before,” Yuri stared down on the floor, “You remind me of Gyuri and I can’t let myself make you as her replacement.”

“Okay then,” she seated him on the picnic bench before taking a seat beside him, “Tell me more about her and how did you both spend the day off. By that, I’ll not do anything that will resemble her and reminds you of her.”

He heaved a sigh, “You really are an annoyance.”

“Hey,” Jessica elbowed him with all her might.

Far from aside, in the car seated a guy at the passenger’s seat. Yunho couldn’t help but to feel slightly relieve to see the person he loves found her true love. Although deep inside his heart, he wish Jessica could love him in return since his parents had arranged them a marriage and that he loves her. But he knows he can’t be selfish as he care for her too much that he only wishes she would get happiness and live her life blissfully.

“Let’s leave,” Yunho’s dry voice called out.

That night, both Yuri and Jessica stayed at the beach side for so long that they don’t even remember how long. They tell each other their past, almost all that there are no more secrets between them. It has never some to his mind that he would tell Jessica so much. All these stories there’s not many people know aside from Tiffany and Donghae. He never thought he would pour out his heart to Jessica. The weirdest thing was the feeling he has when telling those to Jessica was really different. So different that he doesn’t know how to describe and perhaps, he does have a special feeling for Jessica. A feeling that no one had affects it, not affected by Gyuri but solely developed for Jessica.

-

After a long vacation, Yuri and Jessica had finally returned to Korea. Back then, they leaved as a pair of friend but now, they returned as a pair of lovers. Sometime, Jessica would questioned Yuri ‘are we really going out’ ‘are we lovers’ but question of do he really loves her as who she is, it has never came out of as she dares not to know. All she knows for now is that she is Yuri’s girlfriend and other things she wouldn’t want to know. Even if she is only a replacement of Gyuri his heart, she doesn’t really mind as all she need is him, only him by her side. They both revealed to each other that they have a buddy and that they will meet up tonight. Pacing into the high classed restaurant hand in hand with her beloved husband, they took a seat nearby the huge mirror that displayed the beautiful night scenery of Seoul city of Asia.

“I wonder how Yuri’s girlfriend would look like,” Taeyeon take a sip of the plain water then placing the glass down.

Still having her eyes out the pretty scenery as if having million of questions gushing through her mind, Tiffany was oblivious to Taeyeon’s question.

“Tiffany,” he rubs on her hand concernedly. “Huh,” she looked over to Taeyeon.

“What’s wrong with you? Why did you just stare blankly out the mirror?”

Brought up her hands, she buried her face in her palms, “Given the state of his heart, I don’t really believe that he can erase his past and accept a new love.”

Taeyeon laughed weakly to her silliness, “Hey, people do change. Isn’t this you had hoped day and night he would be? Now that he had finally let go of the past, you doubt his love for that girl, you’re still worry.”

“That’s right, girl. I don’t believe Yuri would date a 23 years old girl, four years different,” Tiffany looked away from Taeyeon. “What if he really takes her as Gyuri’s replacement?”

“You can do nothing either,” he said as a matter of fact.

Tiffany pouted, “I’m going to the washroom.”

Looking straight at her reflection on the mirror, Tiffany didn’t know why her heart feels uneasy about Yuri’s girlfriend. She tried her best in telling herself that Yuri is true to her but she just can’t help but to be overwhelmed by her uneasiness. Stepping out from the washroom, from there she could see the back view of that girl Yuri had described on phone. Each step she took, she feels that girl resembles someone she knows pretty much but just can’t say out who is it of all sudden.

“There, she’s back,” Taeyeon made a face as he sees Tiffany approaching them. Upon hearing that, Jessica turned around only to see the person who had accompanied her through thick and thin; her best friend. “Tiffany,” she stood up from her seat and reached her hand for hers. “The one Yuri had always said were you? Such a coincidence, it happens to be we both have the same buddy.”

Yuri can’t help but to smile weakly upon knowing Tiffany was that person Jessica had mentioned day and night.

Noticed the change of expression in Tiffany’s face, Taeyeon sighed and turned to see Yuri smiling, “You won’t be able to smile if she doesn’t get to control herself later on. She was furious upon knowing you have a girlfriend. Now that girlfriend of yours is her best friend, you’re doom, buddy.”

He smiled restlessly, “I guess I know what’s in her mind right now.”

Taking a seat opposite Taeyeon whilst having her eyes hard on Yuri, Tiffany finally utter out her dissatisfactions, “I never know you had finally opted this, what makes you changed?”

“Here she comes,” Taeyeon whispered to Yuri as he understood her double meaning question.

“Opted what? What did he change?” Jessica asked innocently.

Realizing the awkwardness Tiffany had created; Taeyeon brushes it off, “No, just something about our wedding party. Right, the both of you will be our best man and bridesmaid.”

“How romantic can you guys be, I can’t imagine Tiffany will be getting married this Valentine’s Day,” Jessica held on her hand with a wide smile creep on her face.

“I can’t imagine too that you had gotten yourself a boyfriend this Valentine’s,” her eyes still hard on Yuri.

Reaching out his hand, Yuri held on Jessica’s securely “You’ll never be alone this Valentine.” He then turned to face Tiffany and mouthed “I owe you an explanation.”

“Let’s see what we should eat,” Taeyeon handed each of them a menu. “My stomach is howling for help by now.”

“Don’t be silly okay,” Tiffany slightly kicked on his foot.

“Isn’t that one of the things in me you like?” Taeyeon sneered. Tiffany just rolled her eyes smilingly. That scene somehow had roused the envious in Jessica. Ever since Yuri initiated to date her, there’s not a day where this scene had happen between them. They just live their life normally perhaps when they are only friends; there were more topics to be talked.

Tiffany somehow noticed the change of experience in Jessica’s face and it did bothered her, “Jessica, are you alright, you’re not feeling well?”

“No, I’m alright,” Jessica assured.

-

“Impossible,” Tiffany stood up from her seat. “The two of you had only known each other for barely a year and you’re engaging already? It’s just don’t make sense.”

“Tiffany, you need to calm down.” Taeyeon attempt to pull her back down to her seat but she was too stubborn. “Bear in mind, this isn’t a thing that you could interfere with.”

Swinging off her beloved husband hand, it somehow startled Taeyeon of her reaction. “I know I have no rights in meddling anything that involve you but if it is about Jessica, I can’t stand aside and not concerning about it.”

“Like I have said to you before,” Yuri firmly said, “I love her and wanted to be with her.”

“Love, do you really love Jessica?” Tiffany raised her voice. “Where were you when she was admitted into the hospital? As a boyfriend of hers, you didn’t even know that she’s been suffering from a heart disease. Is that how you love someone?”

Rolling his eyes frustratingly, he’s tired with this undying explanation. “That’s because I was too busy. In that time, I’d just take over dad’s work and I was busy until there’s no time for me to breath.”

“Then how come you could rush all the way back from Hong Kong when Gyuri was suffering with only a gastric?” Tiffany retorted.

Silence filled the room as Yuri came to realize he has no more excuse to say he was not wrong this time around.

“That was how you love a person. No matter how busy you are, you would still sneak out some time to concern of Gyuri the past,” Tiffany reminded him. “But Jessica, I wish I was wrong. I really do hope you’d get rid of Gyuri completely, did you?”

“Why are you making this so hard?” Yuri was irritated by the fact that the girl stood before him here knows him so well. He grasped on Tiffany’s wrist, “Can’t you just treat nothing is wrong and just concede I’d erased Gyuri off my heart and only love Jessica?”

“Yuri, you’re hurting her,” Taeyeon abruptly shoved Yuri’s hand off her wrist and shot him a threatening glare.

Gently rubbing on her wrist, Tiffany can’t help but to have tears welled in her eyes. “I love these friends of mine too much that I don’t wish any of you get hurt.”

All of the sudden, the loud sound of the crystal glass fell and shattered on the floor had broken down the room’s silence as they turned around to see Jessica.

Shaking her head, she wished whatever she eavesdropped was some kind of illusion. “I’m sorry to bother you all.” She runs off towards the exit of the Kim Mansion.

Startled for a moment, “Jessica…” Yuri abruptly followed her footsteps as a feeling of losing the one he loves feared him.

“Look what you’ve done,” Taeyeon was rather provoked by Tiffany’s action. “You do know this has nothing to do with you. What’s that you wanted to prove? Jessica loves Yuri and she clearly knows what she’s doing and all you do is creating problems to their relationship.”

Tiffany frowned, “How sure are you that Yuri really do loves her, tell me.”

“If he doesn’t, he wouldn’t have chase after her like a mad dog,” Taeyeon pointed out the doorway. “Bear in mind, you’re only their friend. So stop putting your oar in this relationship anymore. People do change, if you could erase Donghae from that bunch of memories, why can’t Yuri.”

“We’re different,” Tiffany firmly said. “It’s because you resembles Donghae, you have his heart…” she poured it out without even realizing what she just said had hurt Taeyeon deeply.

“That makes me no different compared to Jessica,” Taeyeon turned around making his way towards the exit. “Just a replacement of Donghae, isn’t it. I never I was that pathetic.”

“Taeyeon,” Tiffany ran up to him whilst clinging on his arm. “I’m sorry, I don’t mean it…”

Not even having a look at her, he said, “I know you too well, you always speak frankly when you’re overwhelm by anger.”

“Taeyeon…” she held firm on his arm not letting him take another step. “Tiffany, I need some time.” He swung off her hand and leaved the mansion.