Bom

Walking on Sunshine

 

 

Eleven.

 

BOM

 

I dreamt of someone knocking on my door. And then a call. Another knock. Another call.

 

And then I woke up, realizing that it wasn’t a dream. It was happening for real. Except that now, the knock had become a bang, and the call had become a demand.

 

My groggy eyes fluttered instantly to the digital clock on my bedside table. 12:21 a.m., it indicated.

 

12:21 a.m.?!

 

Who in this freaking time of the day would disturb someone like this? As I went through the process of grabbing my crutches and then dragging myself outside my bedroom en route to my main apartment door, I went over the events of some hours ago. It has come to my knowledge that I’ve only slept more or less two hours after leaving Soohwan’ s party.

 

My musings were cut short when the bastard, whoever he was, banged at my door again and demanded for it to be opened up. I paused, giving myself a tiny moment to cringe at the person’s inconsiderateness not just to me but to my other neighbors as well. Who, just like me a few minutes ago, were in their own beds already asleep.

 

“Shush! I’m coming!” I went back to lugging my heavy legs and feet with the help of my crutches. I was unusually fast. But that’s just probably because I was pissed, and when I’m pissed I slightly morph into something else.

 

I opened the door and surprise, surprise, leaning on the wall next to my door was none other than Seunghyun.

 

“Hi, Bom…” The greeting was accompanied by a lop-sided, y grin, which would have straight away melted my insides if I wasn’t befuddled at that time.

 

Why I didn’t recognize his voice was because he was slurring. And that slurring came from the fact that, lo and behold, he was drunk.

 

I poked my head out to peer at Mai’s apartment. It seemed as if the party was still ongoing.

 

Then I turned to Seunghyun, who has now leaned a little over to me, smiling that seductive lips of his’ way too near to my face. In fact, just a few centimeters closer and our noses will touch.

 

But even before that situation transpires (not that I didn’t want that situation to transpire), I backed away.

 

“You’re drunk,” I told him because maybe he wasn’t aware of it.

 

Instead of responding however, he walked inside my apartment, mumbling of things that even my wide-awake brain wouldn’t be able to understand. I didn’t panic though. For some reason, I feel like I could trust him. Besides, he was drunk. One hit with my crutch and he’ll drop to the ground.

 

 “Uh, what are you doing here, Seunghyun?” I asked.

 

“I’m…to…sleep.” Those were the words I only caught from him, but it still made sense as much as that of when he would complete the sentence and without the slurring.

 

“What?!” My own sleepiness left me at that instant. As I followed him marching to my room, I argued, “but this isn’t your apartment!”

 

Seunghyun let loose of his coat, undid two buttons from his collared shirt, and then flopped on one side of my bed, face down.

 

Are you kidding me? You have got to be kidding me!

 

“Hey, get up! You’re in the wrong apartment,” I tried to convince him once more.

 

But he only patted the empty space next to him and mumbled again, which I interpreted into something like this: “Go to sleep. Here.”

 

I screamed inside my head. This was unbelievable. And I don’t know if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

 

I carried myself nearer to the bed and sat on the empty space. Staring at him for a moment, I found that his eyes were closed and his breathing was a bit heavy. He still looked gorgeous though and I wondered for a second if it was a gift. How could he look so handsome in whatever situation that was thrown at him? I bet a grizzly bear could wrestle him to the ground and he’d still look like Ian Somerhalder would be envious of.

 

But then another matter took over my thoughts—one that severely intrigued me more than his mind-boggling, out-of-this-world attractiveness. “Uh, Seunghyun…what happened to Yoona?”

 

He in a lungful of air first and then drew it out slowly. “Annoying…” he finally answered. And despite the terrible speech pattern, I was able to spot the irritation in his voice.

 

My lips couldn’t help but tug a smile. So Mai had been right after all? That he was just putting up with Yoona because he’s a gentleman?

 

There were a lot of questions I suddenly wanted to ask of him. Then again, he was drunk—in the somnolent side of it to be exact. Conversation is pointless if there’s only one talking. Heck, it wouldn’t even be called ‘conversation.’

 

“Okay, go to sleep,” I told him, pulling up the blanket onto his body. Then, with the aid of my crutches, I stood up to leave. I wasn’t going to sleep next to him. While that may be tempting, I was sober not to take advantage of the situation.

 

But just before I closed my bedroom door, I heard him call me. “Bom?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“You were really pretty tonight. And I’m kind of angry at myself for not saying that to you when I was sober.”

 

I smiled again. Not that he could see it. “It’s okay.”

 

Then I finally closed the door, and as I leaned on it for a while, I thought, “maybe…just maybe, the girl in the wheelchair could have a chance after all.”

 

~*~