Six

Eat Your Kimchi and Propose Like A Man!

"What are you doing?" Martina asked when Simon took a handkerchief and wrapped it around her eyes.

"I'm sorry, snuggleduck, but I can't let you see where we're going. It's a surprise," he told her affectionately as the limo started moving. She blushed slightly at the nickname. "And the reservation's at twelve thirty, so there's plenty of time."

"No one's ever managed to surprise me before," Martina replied seriously and somewhat sadly. "I always figure it out. I can't help it."

"I know. And I'm gonna be the first, just you wait," he kissed the top of her head.

 

The limo pulled up at the sidewalk a few minutes before twelve thirty. Simon gently led the blindfolded Martina out.

"Guess where we are!" Simon said excitedly.

"I... um... uhhh..." a surprised smile spread across Martina's face. "Simon, did you make the car go around in circles and stuff?"

"Yeah. You don't know where you are?" He gasped. She nodded and he almost shrieked with glee. "Oh my god, I can't believe it worked!" He peeled off the blindfold. Martina let out a little gasp.

"Hart House..." she breathed. "Oh my god, we're having lunch at Hart House?"

"Yeah," Simon beamed proudly. "Remember how we said we should have our wedding reception here?"

They walked up the stairs to the bistro. "I thought we'd have our dateaversary lunch here first."

Martina suddenly stopped dead at the top of the stairs at his words. She turned around and kissed Simon lightly but sweetly on the lips and left him slightly lightheaded.

"Uhhh... I have a table booked for two at twelve thirty? Under the name Simon Stawski?" The receptionist checked the book.

"Ah, yes," she looked up. "Right this way, sir." She led the two of them to a slot right next to the window, her heels clicking against the unpolished mahogany floor, where they could see the street below and across. Not much of a view, but it contributed to the quiet, romantic atmosphere.

They had a full course and it was worth every penny. Martina fell completely in love with the atmosphere of the restaurant, with its Victorian architecture, dark and light colours of the furniture complimenting one another and soft music playing from hidden speakers.

While they were eating, they talked about their future wedding. They already knew, months ago, that they would get married. They,just weren't officially engaged yet.

"I'm so sorry, Martina," Simon groaned, stabbing at his steak. "I'm seriously broke... I don't think I'll be able to buy your engagement ring until maybe summer or something..."

"That's okay," Martina smiled reassuringly. "We're already unofficially engaged, right?"

"Yeah, I guess so," he gave a little laugh. Martina noted that, given the price of the food, he must have saved up for ages to pay for this meal, and she fully appreciated his sentiment and the sacrifices he must have made.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just realised the initials(is the word initial? Idk) for this fic is eykaplam. Ei-ka-plahm. Sounds like some kind of exotic place far far away lmaoooo

WHERE ARE LE COMMENTS D; come on guys gimme some feedback please :'( I survive on your comments!! I am such a drama queen.