Chapter 5

Butterfly

 

Hoping that my mind goes wrong and stops thinking

Why do I always cry when I think about you?

Butterfly, now I realised, the reason why I always feel empty and hated you at times – because I loved you

I can’t hide it anymore, gonna tell you that, Butterfly

 

 

 

 

Krystal sobbed into Sulli’s shoulder as Sulli comforted her. She called Sulli over as soon as she reached home, shocked from the scene she just saw. Jessica even came up to the room, seeing her sister, the strongest Jung, cry.

“I can’t believe it. I thought…”

“Shhhh. That boy better watch out for my punches!” Sulli said, patting Krystal’s back.

“And my glares” Jessica joined in.

“You guys…” Krystal smiled, but her tears did not stop.

“Anything for our Kryssie. I swear he’d better be ready tomorrow.”

“Aigoo, speaking about tomorrow, I don’t think I can face him” Krystal said as she buried her face in her pillow.

“It’s okay, I’ll just tell umma and appa that you’re sick, neh? Just this one time” Jessica pitched in.

“Kamsa unnie. I owe you so much” Love you unnie.

“You’d better!” She laughed as she went out of the room.

“Promise me you’ll be okay.” I’ll try.

“I will. It’s late, you’d better get going. Taemin is waiting for your calls” Krystal teased.

“You still can tease in this situation? Aigoo Krystal-ah” Sulli shook her head.

“That shows I’m okay. So go!”

“Shooing me when you called me over?”

“Taemin wants to talk to you!”

“Arasso. Bye Kryssie!”

“Byebye.”

 

 

In no time, Krystal found her way back into sobbing. Thank God her family members were asleep.

I never even got a chance to confess. Krystal sniffed. Why did I realise it only now? Why didn’t I realise it the moment Minho’s mother made a comment about us? And with that name, she cried more.

 

 

Meanwhile, over at Minho’s place, Minho finally got Suzy out of his house and received a great lecturing from his mother.

“Soojung’s a good girl and see what you’ve done? I hope you learned your lesson. She’s a girl that’s hard to come by. Now go to your room.”

“Neh, umma.” Minho sighed as he walked into his room, closing the door and plopping onto the bed. Soojung, how are you? I’m sorry, my Jungie. Forgive me… I’ll do aegyo, I promise. Don’t be mad neh? Oh Jungie… Minho took out his phone and sent a text. And more texts. He even tried calling but Krystal turned off her phone. She doesn’t want to talk to me? I must’ve broken her heart. She usually picks up no matter what. Minho’s call to her house was also in vain. All he got was screaming from Jessica about Krystal crying. Oh Krystal, if you only understood my heart…

 

 

Krystal didn’t go to school the next day and Minho was terribly worried about her. School finally ended and he approached Sulli at her locker.

“Sulli, what happened to Krystal?”

“How dare you ask me? I’m gonna hit you!” Sulli raised her hand. Minho closed his eyes waiting for the impact, but never got it.

“Ssul, calm down. I’m sure Minho hyung didn’t intend to hurt Krystal” Taemin held Sulli back.

“Neh, I didn’t. I really want to know how she’s doing” Minho defended. I really do!

“How she’s doing? You ask yourself that before you ask me! What were you doing when Suzy was at your house? What could she have seen that would’ve broken her heart? She likes you, Minho. How could you not have known?” Sulli shouted with all her heart. “Oh crap. You’re not supposed to hear that last part. Erase, erase!” But Minho was already thinking of something else.

“That’s it, Sulli. Thank you! Thank you so much” He hugged her and rushed out of school, happy with his findings.

“Yah! That’s my girlfriend!” Taemin shouted behind him. But Minho couldn’t give a damn as he raced to Krystal’s house.

 

 

“Jessica noona, please let me in, I want to apologize” were Minho’s first words when Jessica opened the door.

“Oh no no no, Krystal has gotten enough from you. She needs time to calm down. Come back in about… forever? Bye Minho” Jessica slammed the door into his face. Ahh crap. Angry Jung sister equals no negotiation. Minho went to the back of the house and resorted to throwing pebbles again.

“Jungie! Jungie! Open the window!”

 

 

He’s at it again. Krystal the radio as loud as possible to block out the knocking sounds.

Knock. Knock. Knock. UGHHHHHHHH! Shut up! You’ve done enough! Go away! Krystal continued ignoring Minho and went tried doing other things but Minho was still persistent.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT?” Krystal shouted, frustrated. Seriously, leave me alone.

“Oh finally, Jungie!” Minho exclaimed. Krystal glared at him from the window. “Krystal, I came to apologise”

“Apology not accepted, bye”

“Wait!” Minho shouted just as Krystal wanted to close the window. “Jungie please, listen to me.”

“No.”

“Dammit. Krystal, please, with all my life.”

“No.”

“You really wanna see me die?”

“5 minutes.” Aigoo this girl… Minho shook his head, smiling.

“Jungie I’m so sorry. But what happened was not what you saw. Suzy… she… she wanted to play the pocky game. She brought some pocky sticks and she said that she wanted to try it and… aish. I don’t know. She’s crazy, I really don’t know what was she implying. I shooed her away after you left and I got lectured by my mum and screaming from your sister. We didn’t kiss, I swear!” Minho raised his right hand, as if taking an oath. “Jungie, I-I like you… and I know you feel the same too. Please forgive me? Please?” Minho pouted. I like you too, but no…

“Time’s up.” Krystal said, without any emotion and closed the window.

 

 

Krystal went back to school the next week, ignoring all the stares from the others.

“I thought she went back to the US”

“Wasn’t she sick?”

“Shouldn’t she be quarantined?” Krystal walked into the class and sat at her place, getting ready for the first teacher to come in.

“Jungie, are you better?” Minho asked from his seat behind her. Ignore. “Jungie?” Ignore. Minho sighed. “Arasso, you don’t want to talk to me… I’ll just be here neh?” Ignore.

 

 

“Kryssie, are you sure you’re gonna ignore him until the end of time? I’m sorry I blurted your feelings out but shouldn’t you embrace it?” Sulli questioned Krystal during lunch break. “It’s been two weeks, and I don’t think Minho is very happy.” I’m not very happy too. I feel like a part of me is gone.

“Wasn’t this about me? And how I had my first heartbreak?” Krystal retorted.

“Not everything has got to be about you Krys. And you and I know that he likes you too. Why are you making things hard?” I don’t think I can handle any more heartbreak.

“I-I just don’t think I’m ready to bring him back into my life… I will, just not now. Maybe some time in the future.”

“If you can’t help yourself, Krys, no one can.”

 

 


 

HOHOHO. Look what happened :P I'm such a tease.

And what do you guys think about the poster I made? It's in the foreword.

And Suzy is banished into 'crazy girl zone'. Never coming back, I promise.

 

BRB CREYING ;;~~~;;

Look how he's holding her hand akjdhfakjshdfjhsldkjf <3

 

Tell me what you think.