Chapter 1

Butterfly

 

You’re cute, so sweet

These are the words I always mumble at my lips

Whenever you turn your back to me and walk far away

I wonder if your heart hurts like me

 

 

 

 

3 years ago

 

Krystal sighed as she stepped into her new school. New start, eh? We’ll see. She was greeted by a scene of girls with utterly short skirts with tight blouses and guys sporting branded sneakers. Is this even allowed? Krystal furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“Not allowed but I don’t think the teachers even care. They’re too rich for their own good” said a voice behind her. Oh crap, did I say that out loud?

”You didn’t, I just read minds” Krystal turned her head to see a tall, good-looking boy smiling down at her.

“Hi, I’m Choi Minho. And I think you’re new?”

“Krystal Jung.” The boy chuckled.

“I see you’re not that girl who socializes much?” He asked, teasingly.

“Uhh, not that I know of” She smiled sheepishly. He seems… nice?

“You want me to show you around?”

“I gotta go to the office first” Krystal said, disappointed. I mean, who wouldn’t want to have a handsome boy giving you a tour on your first day?

“Ahh, it’s okay then. I’ll just see you around, neh?” Minho nodded, understandingly.

“Yeah, sure” She said, fingers crossed.

 

 

After receiving her schedule from the office, Krystal headed to her first class of the day – Mathematics. What a great subject to start the day. She sighed as she went on to look for her class. The new surroundings took Krystal a long time to adjust to as she wandered around aimlessly, searching for her class. Minho, who was on his way back from the restroom, saw Krystal looking like a lost puppy.

“Class 1A… oh where are you?” Krystal mumbled.

“Lost, missy?”

“Oh, Minho! Please help!” Krystal exclaimed desperately. She has been trying to find her class for a total of 15 minutes already and she does not intend to waste more time, as much as she dreaded that subject. And it’s in Korean! She thought the first time she saw the schedule.

“Hmm, Mathematics…class 1A… Oh! It’s the same one as mine. Follow me.” Minho said, as he looked at Krystal’s schedule and walked off to another wing of the school.

 

 

Minho knocked on the classroom door with a shy Krystal right behind him.

“Sorry miss. We have a new student and she was lost.” This caused a few students to mumble.

“New student? Psh, she better get her hands off Minho!”

“Is she pretty?”

“Yah! I’m your girlfriend!”

“Oh yes… Krystal Jung, am I right? I was wondering where you went.” Miss Song said, as she looked up from her spectacles.

“I-I’m sorry. I’m not familiar with the school” Krystal stuttered.

“That’s alright, dear. Take a seat… right beside Minho! I’m sure you both are pretty comfortable with each other, neh?”

“Yes, miss. I’ll be sure to take good care of her”

“Neh, thank you miss.” Right beside Minho? Score!

 

 

 

 

Krystal sighed, remembering those moments with her best friend, Minho. Sitting under a tree in the school garden, munching on her sandwich, Krystal was waiting for her best friend to get done with his soccer practice. School heartthrob, flaming charisma, big eyed beauty. Krystal sighed again, thinking of how her best friend changed physically to become the target of all the girls in the academy.

“Why are you sighing, Jungie?” Minho. Only Minho calls Krystal by her real name. Because she wouldn’t let anyone else do the same. And only because she was threatened by Minho.

“Just nothing.”

“About how I changed so much?”

“Remind me how you read minds again?” Minho chuckled.

“I don’t read minds, it’s just how readable you are” Krystal stuck out her tongue at him.

“Other people think I’m this mysterious chick but you read me so easily” She sighed, yet again.

“Well, mysterious chick, I’m done with my soccer so are you going with me to get ice cream or not?”

“I would. But you smell” Krystal scrunched up her nose and waved a hand in front of her face.

“You didn’t mind it last time” Minho said in defence.

“But now I do”

“I don’t care” Minho said as he picked her up over his shoulder.

“Yahhhh!” Krystal exclaimed, using her hands to smack his as he walked, not that he would mind.

 

 

As they reached their favourite ice cream parlor, Minho put Krystal down, grinning. Krystal rolled her eyes and proceeded to go into the shop.

“Don’t you roll your eyes at me, missy” Minho pointed a finger at Krystal.

“Don’t you point your finger at me, mister” Krystal retorted. That was how they were, playful. People sometimes think that they were a couple but both of them made it clear that they were only friends, close ones.

 

 

After getting a seat, both of them started digging in into the banana split they shared.

“Stop taking so much!” Minho whined. “I paid for this as much as you did!”

“Keep talking, while I get more of this yummy—“

“Oh, Minho?” a foreign voice said.

“Yuri noona!” Minho stood up as Krystal looked behind to see a gorgeous young woman, with an outstanding body, wearing branded names all over the place. She’s the woman I’ll never be. Krystal thought. She wouldn’t be caught dead wearing heels and dresses.

“I was just getting a yoghurt and I see you here with..”

“This is Krystal, my friend” Minho smiled at Yuri. Oh so now I don’t even deserve the title ‘best friend’? Who is this girl?

“Hi.” Krystal waved, being polite but fuming on the inside.

“Come have a seat” Minho said as he offered Yuri to sit beside him.

“I have to go get my order—“

“I’ll go get it for you! Just sit.” He rushed to collect the young lady’s order.

“So, you’re Minho’s friend?”

“Best friend.” Krystal said, making it clear.

“Oh really, Minho isn’t the kind to mix with girls, isn’t he?” Oh my God, who is she that thinks she knows Minho so much. Krystal scoffed on the inside.

“I don’t know about th—“

“I’m back”

“Oh Minho, I’m so sorry, I gotta get going. I’m not really familiar with this place and I gotta get back to my hotel and—“

“I’ll just accompany you! Hold on for a moment.” He grabbed his jacket and kissed Krystal’s forehead. “I’ll call you tonight neh?”

“W-What about your ice crea—“

“Next time, Krys! Bye!” Minho waved, a bit too excited to leave with his noona. And he didn’t even call me Jungie…

 

 


I hope this is up to you guys's standards. I wanted that sort of friendship to love feel kekekekeke. This is just the start of Krys' jealousy~ And this is going to be a short fic. Most probs about 5 chapters long.

Enjoy! ^^