Goo Hayden

SuperHuman

  Hayden stared out the window of the squad car, watching the paramedics, firefighters, paparazzi, and police officers run around franticly. He was disappointed he had gotten caught, but was confident he could escape before he was sentenced probably with the death penalty.

   He noticed a woman making her way through the crowd; he quickly deduced that she wasn’t a firefighter or a paramedic, seeing as she wasn’t wearing a uniform. The two hulking men behind her weren’t camera men, so she wasn’t paparazzi.

  He watched as she approached the police detective, the seemed to be discussing something, and she motioned to him once or twice.

  The woman handed the detective a paper, Hayden wondered what it said, whatever it said it caused the detective to pale. Nodding the woman walked away, approaching the squad car that Hayden was in she opened the door sliding in next to him.

  “Goo HyukEun?” she asked “Or do you prefer Hayden?”

  “Hayden”

  “Great, Hayden I have a deal for you” the woman smiled

  Hayden raised an eyebrow at that “And that is…?”

  “You come work for me and my associates, and I’ll see what I can do about this whole mess you’ve made”

   Hayden stared at the woman “Why would I do that?”

  “Because if you don’t you will die?”

  “There is that…” Hayden agreed

  The woman placed a hand on his arm “Look Hayden, you have skills that no one else has, and my associates think that you would be very useful to their cause”

  “What’s their “cause”?”

  The woman smiled sympathetically “If I told you, I’d have to kill you”

  He chuckled “Seriously?” he asked “You’re one of those people?”

  “Yes”

  “So…” Hayden started, looking over at the woman “If I join you, you can make all this go away?”

  She nodded “All you have to do is come with me”

  “Hmmm…”

  The woman made as if to leave the car “If you don’t want to I can go tell the nice detective over there that you’re all his”

  “That won’t be necessary!” Hayden said, grabbing the woman’s arm “I’ll go..”

  The woman smiled brightly “Good choice”