Park Caine

SuperHuman

Crash!!

  The chair that had been hurled at the door shattered, the door, unfortunately, didn’t budge. Angry, Park Caine hit the door; his already bleeding knuckles throbbed in pain. The door was already covered in his blood from when he’d tried hitting the door, hence why his knuckles were bleeding.

  “Back away from the door please”

  Startled, Caine did as he was told, just in time to, for the door was blasted off its hinges, flying across the room and shattering on the wall opposite.

  Standing in the doorway was a hulking tattoo covered man, his foot still raised from kicking the door in.

  “Step aside please” the voice said again, and the man backed away to reveal a woman dressed entirely in black. “Park Caine I presume?” she asked in Japanese

  Still shocked he managed strangled “Yes…”

  “Come with us please”

  Taking one look at the small hulk outside Caine staggered after the woman. Outside in the hall he discovered there were not one, but two small hulks. The second one took the lead the woman and Caine following, the other hulk took up the rear.

  They emerged on the street level, making their way through the crowds; it was very easy with two tattooed hulks.

  “Not that I’m ungrateful or anything, but why did you save me?” Caine asked, dodging a group of school girls giggling about something on their phones.

  The woman smiled “Your gang members called the police; they would have been there any minute”

  Caine growled “Those good for nothing…”

  “You’re lucky we came along when we did” the woman interrupted him.

  Caine fell silent, watching the crowds as they walked through the streets of Kyoto.

  The woman watched him, a knowing look on her face. Caine glanced at her when she took a deep breath, he raised his eyebrow questioningly.

  “There comes a time in our lives when we must make a choice…” she said “Yours is now”

  “What choice is that?”

  The woman looked away from him, instead she studied the crowd. Watching all the different people walk past. “You can come with us…or we can take you back to that lovely room…” she turned back to him and smiled “What would you choose?”

  Caine tilted his head questioningly “Why would you take me back?”

  “If you chose not to come with us we would make it so we had have never interfered in what was going to happen. You would be arrested, and serve your punishment for whatever crimes you may have committed. I you choose to come with us, we can make all of that go away, you’d be starting life new again. Of course, you’d be working for us. What do you choose?”

  Caine looked away, back towards the way they came, back to the room where the members of his gang locked him up, fearing his power. Looking back at the woman next to him he nodded. “I’ll come with you” he said “There is nothing left for me here”

  The woman nodded, smiling “Good choice”