Andi Park

SuperHuman

 “All units report”

 “Unit one is a go”

 “Unit two, ready and waiting”

 “Unit three, standing by”

 “Team leader all units are a go”

 “All right, tell them to wait for my signal”

  Andi Park snickered at the feds antics, it was way too easy for her to hack their frequency and track their movements. For people who were trying to catch her they had no idea what they were doing.

  “Amateurs” she said.

  She turned away from her computer, stuffing the last of her belongings into her bag. Disconnecting the computer from the wall she placed it delicately in her computer bag. She slung her bag over her shoulder she headed for the window of her apartment.

  The icy Vermont air hit her as she forced open the window. “Son of a ” she swore, pulling her coat tighter around her.

  She threw her bags, sans laptop bag, over the window sill and onto the fire escape; she wasted no time following them. Not stopping she scooped up her bags and headed for the roof top, not the street, the roof top.

  Once she reached the roof she sprinted for the other side, not slowing down she jumped, clearing the narrow gap between her building and the one beside it. She hit the rooftop with a grunt, stumbled, and then kept running. She cleared three more buildings before slowing down.

 “Come on… come on…” she muttered, searching the rooftop frantically. There! Running over to the door she tried the handle, she swore when it didn’t budge. She kicked the door in anger, but regretted it immediately when pain flared in her foot.

  She gripped her foot hopping around on the other. “Dammit, dammit, dammit!”

 “You look ridiculous”

  Andi froze, releasing her foot she turned slowly to face the person who spoke. Standing before her was a woman flanked by two muscular, tattooed men.

 Andi tensed “Who are you?”

 “Me? I’m….someone who can save you…if you’re willing to take that risk…?”

  It took a moment for Andi to realize the woman was speaking Korean “You…” she asked in Korean “You’re from Korea?”

  “Yes, we have a offer for you… if you’d come with us?” the woman motioned behind her to the now open stairwell.

  Andi glanced back the way she came, she could hear Burlington’s finest harassing her neighbors, Mrs. Santonio, the old lady down the hall, was screaming about no privacy and the destruction of her enchilada.

  Glancing at the woman and her cronies she sighed “…Fine”

  The woman smiled “Good choice”

  “Yeah, yeah… Let’s go” She said, tossing her bags to the two men and leading the way down the stairs.