Five years ago

Bounded

Jiyong's Flashback

Five years ago, i remember when her Appa found out about us. I recieved a text from Sohee, asking for us to meet up. I was super excited and happy, we had kept our relationship a secret for four years from her parents, and finally we were going to tell the world that we're dating. I ran to quickly meet her, but once i entered the cafe, she wasn't there. Instead there sat a man in a black suit, i scan around the room to look for her but no one was in sight.  As i was about to leave, a voice boom

"It's Jiyong right? You're the boy that have been dating my little girl? " 

"Neh, I'm Jiyong... Ummm You're Sohee's Appa?" i questioned

"Neh, " he motion for me to sit down "So how long have you two been together?"

"Today...... would be our fourth year, sir" i whisper

"Four years?" he repeat those two words... "four years"

"Neh, "

He handed me an envelope, and motion for me to look inside. 

i open it and saw it full of money. 

".... this is....? he cut me off

"Stay away from my daughter, i already have her life planned out, she already have a bright future ahead of her. I don't want you yo drag her down."

"Ahjussi, we really love each other,I'm sorry i can't fullfill your request"  I toss the envelope on the table, got up and was about to leave

"She doesn't need someone thug like you in her life. She's like a princess, Can't you see you're not worthy of her. Take the money and leave her alone. She's already betrothed to someone else. Someone who of wealth, fame and power. Just leave her now. She's blinded by the word "LOVE" if you really love her like how you just said, you will want the best for her. Don't be selfish and just let her go." he spat behind me. 

"No! we love each other! I won't just break up with her, I really love her. Sohee, she's my everything... i'll give up anything for her. I'll do anything for her. I'll even give up my life for her. I love her, i never loved anyone as much as i love her. She had changed me in so many ways. "

"Please i beg of you, just leave her alone. She's everything i have. I don't want her to suffer in the future." he was about to get on his knee but i stop him

"Alright, i promise... I'll leave her... ... I'm not doing this for you but for her. For her future..." i walked out the door with tears flowing from my eyes. 

"Sorry Nabi, i'm sorry... i'm really sorry... the promises we made. I'm breaking every single one of them... sorry... move on and be happy."

i texted her, that we need to talk, its somthing important. I remember her smiling face, running toward me, hugging me... i resist the urge to hug her back. i held back the tears, 

"Oppa? what's wrong? are you sick? she asked concerned, she placed her palm on top of my forehead, then her's... "its not hot"

"Sohee... let's break up" 

"What? Oppa, quit joking" she laugh, she hit me playfully... then stop when she realizes my serious face

"Wae? Its been four years ! what about our promises? The one where we'll grow old together ! We already have our lives planed out ! Didn't you said you Love me! That you never meet someone like me before?" she cried out with tears streaming out her cheeks. My heart ache seeing her cry, but worst i was the cause of them.

"I'm tired of being with you!? Haven't you been getting the message? I only dated you bacause someone needed to teach you about the real world, Something called REALITY! you really need to grow up, there's no princes that will sweep you off your feet. I was only with you because i wanted to know how it feel like to be with a PRINCESS..."

"Jiyong... stop lying... i know you're lying" she clung onto my arm.

it was raining slighty...

"No... This is the truth you must face, Nabi,  I never loved you, NEVER DID, NEVER WILL" i lied. i swung my arm and her grip loosen, i walked away, the tears fell as i walked away from the only one person i loved so much. I could hear her screaming and shouting for me to come back but i resist going back and comfort her. Thinking this is the best for her.... Not looking back "

Months passes, i resist not calling her. Locking myself in my room, even when the boys come by, i wouldn't go out with them. The boy never really had met Sohee. They tried cheering me up, coming everyday, wanting to go out but i was always decline their offers. Not in the mood of having fun. I would mope around the house. One night i recieved a phone call from her. I was really happy to hear her voice again... i almost gave in and told her that i missed her so much and that everything i said was a lie but instead the words "I'm with my girlfriend right now" came out... i could hear her soft whimpers on the other side, i gave in, i called her name but she quickly hung up on me... that was the last time i heard from her.

Reality

Her back image slowly faded before my eyes, i can't help but watch her walk away, hoping and wishing her the best.