The Departure

Blacknorm

"Mom..." Kyuhyun tried to talk to his beloved mother who is engrossed in her favorite watering.

"What is it, boy?" Ms. Cho asked him, the neighbors used to called Kyuhyun’s mother like that.

"Can I continue my studies in the same school with Eunhyuk?"

Ms. Cho frowned, slightly narrowed her eyes and looked into her son. surprised by her son’s request that she rarely heard. "You rarely ask me for such things. Hmmm...” She is thingking. "How much you want it?"

"I..." Kyuhyun did not dare look at her face, he's just looked down. " I always obey your wishes, Mom. But ... I beg just for this one, let me choose my own will. I really respect you, Mom."

Ms. Cho his shoulder. "Alright, I allow you to go to that school."

Kyuhyun smiled sweetly. "Really?"

The mother nodded firmly and smiled broadly at him.

"I love you, Mom!" Kyuhyun yelled happily, he was so happy to hear the mother's consent, and immediately hugged her tightly. "Thank you."

"It’s ok." She said softly. She no less happy to see Kyuhyun happiness, finally he showed his human expressions. After Kyuhyun pulled off his mother’s arms, the mother returned to her favorite watering flowers. "Ah..." She murmured.

"What is it, Mom?"

"My beloved flowers is dead, Son." Ms. Cho closed her eyes as if in disbelief.

Kyuhyun observed the plant whose his mom told him, he watched for a long time. The mother's expression changed instantly now, it seems very sad. She intends to get into the house but Kyuhyun stopped her immediately.

"Mom, where the dying flowers that you told me?" Kyuhyun asked, holding flowers that her mother had just seen was dead, but now it looks fresh. "It's still alive, right?"

"But..." Ms. Cho see that what Kyuhyun said was true. Suddenly the mother immediately hugged her son. "I don’t know what you did, son. But I’m really thankful, my son."

"They’re not dead, Mom. Maybe you just didn’t notice it." Kyuhyun pretended to be doing nothing.

Such is the usual thing to do when someone think that Kyuhyun has done a miracle. Pretend not to know and put innocent face. Since childhood, Kyuhyun had often heal whatever he accidentally found it dead or injured. Whether in front of the house, or on the road when he comes to play. Not infrequently he turned the dead plants into fresh owned by the mother without the knowledge of anyone but himself. He also had cured cataracts in Hyena’s cat but now the cat has lost somewhere. However, he never told anyone except Eunhyuk. Ya, all the forces that Kyuhyun had and some of whom.


 

It was a bright morning, the weather was very pleasant. Moreover, today is a holiday, many little children who play in the Silver Hill. Most of them play a kite but there was also a loner like Kyuhyun. He was more pleased to see others play than playing the game by himself.

There’re one man and one woman of the same age with Kyuhyun ran into the middle of the hill. She drew the man’s hand forcefully to play with a kite like the other children.

"Oppa! You don’t want to play with us?" She, with short hair had a smile that was very sweet shouted while Kyuhyun are cool to play the grass in the shade of leafy trees.

"It's useless, he would refuse." Said the man who was beside her.

"No, Miinah! I don’t like hot weather. Playing alone is as much as you want with Eunhyuk." Kyuhyun replied.

Miinah snorted in disgust hear her brother, she pursed her lips. Actually Miinah and Kyuhyun are siblings who are quite familiar, but her brother’s behavior isn’t uncommon to upset her. Kyuhyun rose from his seat which is very comfortable. There's something that he feels very strange, he does not see Hyena today. Though usually Hyena always goi to Silver Hill with him. Suddenly Kyuhyun emerging initiative to visit his friend's house.

"Where you going, Kyuhyun?" Eunhyuk asked.

"I'm going to visit Hyena briefly. You do not have to care about me."Said Kyuhyun then walked away.

Hyena’s house not far from Kyuhyun’s and Silver Hill, just 750 meters. After a short walk, Kyuhyun finally reached the front of Hyena’s house. He paused for a moment staring at the fish pond was clean but not occupied any fish. Kyuhyun just smiled a little. Shortly after that, he just entered the house without Hyena’s permission. It has become a habit since childhood and nobody complains about that because the house was only occupied by two creatures, Hyena and her maid. Her maid are usually more likely to sleep than keep the house. While Hyena’s parents had died long ago. She only have inherited from her parents, no more.

"Choi Hyena." Kyuhyun opened the door looking for Hyena calmly. He looked weak Hyena lying in bed, her face was very pale.

"I knew you'd come." Hyena said, sound weak enough in Kyuhyun’s ear.

"What's the matter, huh?" Kyuhyun asked.

"I'm fine."

"You liar."

"I'm sick, are you satisfied?"

Kyuhyun smirked, then he approached and held Hyena’s forehead briefly. He quickly taken off his hand. "You're not sick, you idiot." He said and left.

Of course Kyuhyun’s behavior makes Hyena wondering. Curious, she ensures herself by holding her forehead and it was not as hot as she had previously felt. Hyena felt she had recovered without cause. Hesitantly, she rose from his bed and ran after Kyuhyun who fortunately was still in front of the house.

Kyuhyun suddenly stopped, without looking he asked. "What else?"

"You know I'm right behind you?" Hyena curious.

There was silence for a moment, but a few seconds later Kyuhyun started making a sound. "You want me to go, right?"

"I never said anything like that." Hyena throw distance between hersself Kyuhyun, she grabbed the hand of the man who hasn’t turned to her yet. "Tomorrow you’ll leave, huh?"

"She told you, didn’t she?" Kyuhyun asked, it must be his mother who told about his departure.

"Do you think anyone else?"

"Then... what's the problem with it? "

" Are you going to be for a long time in there?"

"Yes."

"Could you for a moment accompany me? I beg you..."

Beach ... Roar of the waves really make Kyuhyun calm his heart. He felt being in a world where most comfortable while at the beach. Long enough... Hyena looked at Kyuhyun’s face whose eyes were closed.

"You look so comfortable here, Kyu."

"Really?" Kyuhyun opened his eyes. "I feel normal." He said flatly.

"I..."

"Say it."

"I’m going to miss you, Kyu."

Kyuhyun smiled. "I think there's something else you want to say to me here."

"Do you think what I said before is not important?"

"Not really, I'm just confused by the direction of this conversation."

It was hard, he did not realize at all with all the feelings and attentions that Hyena given to him. Everything is so clear and obvious, what might he just pretends not to understand? Hyena muttered to herself.

"It’s almost evening, I have to go home." Kyuhyun getting away from the shore and left Hyena alone. Looks like he really didn’t understand what Hyena want.

"Who's going with me to the graduation event, Kyu?" Hyena felt her tears could no longer containable.

"You're not going to continue to borrow my hands, right? I know you can, you just need to brave and be autonomous."

No other words were spoken from Hyena’s lips, it’s just sobs. It’s ironic. Kyuhyun will go, only that words which rang in her mind. Shore winds intensified, and Kyuhyun’s shadow farther then disappeared from her eyes. Is this denial? If it so, indirectly Kyuhyun has slowly broken her heart. Better he destroyed her whole body than doing this, thought Hyena.

At 10 PM. Kyuhyun transfixed in front of his dark blue laptop. Not to think about how to do the task but daydreaming, staring at his picture with Hyena, Miinah, and Eunhyuk.

He remembered once, long ago when they were ten years old. While playing hide and seek in the woods, Kyuhyun always on guard but he never complained. Then, when all he found, just Hyena that's hard to find. Unexpectedly, it turned out she was hiding away in Silver Hill. Beautiful place the first time they find the most convenient place for the next play, the hill known as the cool breeze and spectacular feast for the eyes. It was enough to make him overwhelmed and upset but Kyuhyun just shows his smile at her, even though Hyena knew his smile was less than sincere.

"Oppa... don’t look at the picture." Miinah suddenly appeared from behind.

"Why?"

"You will be greatly missed me later." Miinah chuckled

"Will I?" He pretending not to know and then chuckled.

"Err... then how?"

"What how?"

"You and Hyena."

"We? There's nothing going on between us."

Miinah getting annoyed with the attitude of her brother, who always thought nothing happened with both of them—Kyuhyun and Hyena. “You two are problematic. No, you're have a problem with your brain."

"What have I done?"

"Well, that's your problem. You always don’t know about anything, even about yourself. You don’t understand Hyena’s feeling."

"She told you again?"

"You think she's going to tell on anyone else? Her maid? She was afraid to lose you. She doesn’t want you to go and you really know about that, right?"

"I'm sleepy." Kyuhyun suddenly stated.

"You're difficult to understand!" Miinah started to shout at her brother, she was upset.

"So what should I do?!? Accompany her cry all day? Or pretending to loved her, huh!?" Kyuhyun snapped. "You don’t know anything, Miinah!"

Blam! Kyuhyun came out of his room, leaving Miinah who were stunned by the loud noise. In one blow, Kyuhyun not only managed to startle Miinah but also cracked walls and dropped the vase of flowers and a few paintings on the wall.


 

One morning arrived. This morning, less fun for most people. Cloudy. However, Kyuhyun loved it. He enjoyed the atmosphere at that time from the window of his room, he's inhaling fresh air that morning with a smile.

"Are you ready, Kyuhyun?" Eunhyuk asked standing next to Kyuhyun.

"Yeah, look at that." Kyuhyun pointed his large duffel bag.

"Then what are you waiting for?"

"Nothing. Just don’t want to miss the atmosphere in this morning."

"I think you're thinking of Hyena."

Kyuhyun did not respond to Eunhyuk’s words earlier. "Let's go." He said as he walked to the bottom floor, while Eunhyuk who brought Kyuhyun's bag.

"Yes, I know you're ready but wouldn’t it be better if you make it up first with your sister?" Good idea from Eunhyuk but still did not get a clear response from Kyuhyun.

Eunhyuk could only shake his head. They arrived in the living room and Miinah has been waiting for them.

"Are you going to leave without saying goodbye to me, Oppa?" Miinah asked her brother.

"You're not going to do it right, my son?" Mother appeared from Kyuhyun’s back.

Kyuhyun stepped closer to her mother and hugged her mother tightly. "I will miss you, Mom." He said.

"To me? no hugs?" Miinah still hoping her brother would speak to her.

Without further ado, Kyuhyun hugged her sister as well. He could not bear to leave without saying goodbye to the only his litle sister, the sister he loved. Actually Kyuhyun never say that he love her but Miinah quite understand Kyuhyun’s manner.

"Don’t miss me." Kyuhyun said to her with confidence.

Miinah gently smacked his brother's head. "Huh! Silly Kyu." She drove her brother along with Eunhyuk towards the front porch, while the mother could not bear to see the departure of Kyuhyun and just peered through the door.

To Be Continued...