Abuse

Serial Killer

Fourth|Chapter
Abuse

 


“Have a good day at work.” I smiled, and patted my husband’s shoulders before placing a light kiss on his lips.

He wrapped his muscular arm around me and tried to deepen the kiss but I put a stop to it by pushing him away. “You’re going to be late.” I said, he glanced down at his watch and gasped, before picking up his suitcase and running out of the house.

I chuckled, as he shouted an “I love you,” to me whilst he ran out. “I love you too.” I said, but he probably didn’t hear me, not when he was running quite fast.

I closed the door with a wide smile on my face, but it turned into a complete frown just remembering my brother’s death.

I didn’t have work today, because Minho had contact my boss and told him about my current situation. Minho always knew what to do.

But I wasn’t looking forward on spending the whole day without someone to distract me about my thoughts. I wanted to be distracted because then I wouldn’t have to think about the death of my brother.

I wanted to be distracted because then I knew that the pain in my heart wouldn’t accumulate.

I sighed, and leaned against the wooden door. “I miss you Taemin.”

I really did miss him.
I really did miss my brother Taemin.

He was my only family.
He was my only family since my parents were killed in a tragic accident; Hit and run.
He was my only family but now, he was gone.

I knew that I shouldn’t have shouted at the police officer, but it seemed like the correct thing to do. It seemed correct, because they hadn’t tried to find the killer or killers that had ended my parent’s lives.

How long had it been?

Seven years, and yet no killer has been found.

I looked over at the key that rested beside the home telephone on the little cabinet.

It was the key that both Minho and I had received from the officer.

"We’ll go together."

I knew that I should have listened to my conscience, but I couldn’t. Not when the pain in my heart was slowly accumulating again.

I grabbed the key that once belonged to Taemin, I grabbed my winter jacket and placed my shoes on before walking out of the empty house.

I just couldn’t stay there.
I just couldn’t stay there anymore.

I rushed around the cold streets, feeling the cold air embrace me uncomfortably.

It didn’t feel right, to go to Taemin’s apartment without Minho, but I couldn’t handle the pain in my heart.

I walked around fastening my steps, my breath coming out a little shaky -- not because I was walking fast but because I was crying.

I was crying because of the pain that he had left in my heart.
I was crying because I wanted to fix the pain in my heart.

My footsteps halted, and I looked up at the apartment, that my brother had once lived in.

I opened the door to the spacious lobby; I walked over to the elevators, and pressed the button calling it down. The metals door opened, after a few mintues and I walked in and immediately pressed the sixth button. I then jabbed the button with the two arrows coming in, so the doors could close faster.

I just wanted to be a little closer to my brother.

The elevator door opened with a chiming ding. I literally ran down the long corridor, until I saw the door I was looking for.

It hadn’t changed at all.

I was about to knock on the door, but I stopped myself from doing so. It would only hurt me more, but it just seemed like he didn’t die.

It seemed like he was still alive.
It seemed like he was still here with me.

I pushed the key into the key-slot, turned the doorknob and pushed the door open. I couldn’t help but let out a helpless wail, whilst I entered the cold apartment. It was cold; but it still carried Taemin’s positive energy.

I rushed around the apartment, maybe it was a nightmare.

Maybe Taemin was still alive.
Maybe it was all a prank.
Maybe he was still here, among us, living.

I d my way around the apartment, when I hadn't found him. I heard a rustle beneath my foot, I wiped the tears that circulated my eyes away, and examined the piece of paper.

“Don’t be scared, I won’t hurt you."

I frowned, and tried to find the meaning behind those words, and the only assumption that I came up with was.

Abuse.

Taemin was being abuse, and I didn’t know about it, but he didn’t have any bruises. If he had, then the police officer would have informed Minho and I about it, right?

Oh, he was being abused and I didn’t even know about it.
I was really a bad sister.

I leaned against the nearby wall, and wailed helplessly.

I could feel my legs giving up on me, and I let my body slid down the wall, whilst the tears streamed down my face.

How could someone do this to me?
How could someone kill an innocent boy?
How could someone just end someone else’s life without any concern?
How could someone kill my brother like that?
How could someone kill Taemin?

It wasn’t fair.

Taemin didn’t deserve it. He had done nothing wrong to deserve such a cruel death.

My aunt was the only family I had now, and in all honesty, I didn’t like her. I didn’t even consider her as family if weren’t for the law.

My aunt was rude, and cold. It surprises me that she still has her husband.

She blamed Taemin and I, for the death of her sister; Our mother.
She blamed that we were the cause of our mother’s death, but we had nothing to do with it. We were only kids, when our parent’s died.

My only family was Taemin, but he was dead.

My brother didn’t deserve to die.


A/N: Just so damn lazy, school coming up and I feel like .