Justice

Serial Killer

Third|Chapter
Justice


“Hello, I’m Officer Smith. I'm here regarding the death of Lee Taemin, may I speak to Missis Choi?” I heard from the living room.

I immediately stood up from couch and made my way to the lobby to join my husband. Officer Smith smiled at me, removing his hat before stretching his hand to shake my own.

“I’ll like to ask you a few questions? May I come in?” Both Minho and I nodded; Minho opened the door a little wider, letting the officer in.

I gestured him into the dining room, he sat down beside the table and I took a seat in front of him, Minho sat right beside me. The officer took a out small notepad from his blazer pocket, and cleared his throat. I felt tense, but when Minho’s hand reached my own squeezed it comforting, and gave me a smile, I felt a little relaxed.

“Alright Missis Choi,”

“Please, call me Liliana.” The officer nodded, offering a small smile before speaking again.

“Alright Liliana, what was your relationship with Lee Taemin?” I felt a little pain in my heart, but refrained from showing any emotion.

“We… were siblings.” It hurt to use the past tense for my brother, but I had to speak the truth.

He jotted it down quickly on his notepad before asking another question.

“What was your relation with Lee Taemin, Minho?” I didn’t know if Minho liked the way the officer called him by his first name without permission, but I assumed it was fine since he didn’t say anything.

“Brothers in law.”  The officer nodded, and wrote down the information on his notepad.

“Did Taemin have any medical conditions?” He asked.

“Not at all.” I responded honestly. The officer nodded.

“Would say that Taemin had enemies?”

I responded rapidly. “Not at all, he was always friendly to everyone.” Minho nodded in agreement, with my response.

“Was he in a relationship?” I shook my head, and squeezed Minho’s hand. “No, not that I know of.”

“Do you believe he could have been with someone, and not tell you?” The officer made this hand gestures to ask the question.

“We told everything to each other, we were close, but I believe it’s possible.”

He nodded, and jotted it down on his notepad, before speaking again. “We have found some of his belonging around the location of death; would you like to have them?” I nodded vigorously. “Yes, please.” I felt Minho squeeze my hand, somehow telling me to calm down.

The officer pushed a wallet and a key across the table until it rested in front of Minho and me.

A shaky sigh, escaped my lips. I wanted to cry, I looked at officer. He smiled, before speaking once again.

 “Thank you for your help, I know that you both are going through a tough time, but it is my job. We will try everything in our power to get the murders behind bars.”

That word try was something I didn’t want to hear. I didn’t want to hear it.

Try?” I asked, simply. My grip around Minho’s hand tighten with anger, I could hear hiss lowly from the pain I was causing him but I frankly didn’t care. I was angry.

“Yes. We will try our very best.”

“It’s the same for all of you, isn’t? You say you’ll try but, you, people never try, you let the criminals escape. You let them run free.”

“Liliana…” Minho warned.

“No! It’s the truth; The police won’t find Taemin's killer. They'll let the killer escape like they had done with the criminals that killed my parents,”

I got up from the table and walked away, tears slowly cascading down my face. “It’s all the ing same.” Minho called me again, I heard his footsteps, so I tried to flee to our bedroom and lock the door, but he had grabbed my wrists and pulled me close to his body.

“Fu— off.” I pushed him away, and ran to the bedroom.

I threw myself on the mattress, my body bounced a few times, before I stopped. I pulled my pillow into my embrace and silently sobbed, whilst squeezing it.

It was going to be the same.
It was going to be the same situation with Taemin.

The police wasn’t going to find the criminals that killed my brother; they didn’t even find the person that killed my parents.

All the police did was sit in the lazy , and watch criminals get away.
They were lazy.

I loved Taemin, and to prove my love towards him, was my heart’s pain.

It hurt so much.
It hurt so bloody much.

I heard the door to the bedroom, open and close after a few short seconds. The bed sank as I felt my husband crawl towards me, he pulled me into a hug and I rested my head on his shoulder.

“It’s all the same. It’s all going to be the ing same. Look how long it’s taking them to look for the killers that killed my parents; It’s going to be the same for my brother.”

There is no justice.

Minho sighed, pushed me away so he could wipe the tears from my eyes, just after he press a small chaste kiss on my lips. I tried to kiss him back. I had tried to kiss him but I was impassive to the emotions that he wanted me to portray. My shoulders shook, as fresh set of tears began rushing down my face. I slowly backed away from my husband.

“I’m sorry, I can’t do it Minho.” He just smiled, and wiped the tears away. He kissed my cheek and pulled me into his arms once again.

Taemin was dead; He wasn’t free, when he should be.
The killer was alive; He was free, when he shouldn’t be.

This wasn’t justice.
This wasn't fair.


A/N: Jamin' to 'One of a kind' by G-Dragon
 

@ElmoBrew. I'm sorry, I don't want this story to upset you.