Karma

Serial Killer

Second|Chapter
Karma

 


His face.
His warmth.
His laughter.

I missed everything about Taemin.
I missed him so much.

The pain wasn’t decreasing, even with the help from my husband, the pain was just increasing; The pain was becoming unbearable.

That morning, I had awoken and I had asked Minho, if it was true.

I asked Minho, if Taemin was truly dead, or was it just a prank or possibly a nightmare, but when he said that it was true and kissed my forehead, I cried on our bed.

It just didn’t seem fair.

Where was the karma?
Where was justice?
When was it going to take action?

It just didn’t seem right, all those murderers running around killing innocent people like my brother Taemin, and we the good people are the ones that are supposed to feel pain.

When was the police going to take action?
When were they going to arrest the bastard that killed my brother?

Both Minho and I ate breakfast silently; I just didn’t want to say anything. I just wanted to remind myself of the good old times with him- with my brother.

I remembered when he auditioned for a dance company and he succeeded. He asked me to watch him, and I did. It was a brilliant time, because he was so happy and I was happy just watching him dance.

When he had finished I hugged him, even if he was sweating a lot and if he stank of body odor, I didn’t care, because I was so proud of him. I was proud of him for facing his fears, and showing his talent to the world.

A talent that had now been wasted.

The cup that I was holding fell from my hand, and shattered all over the floor.

That cup was shattered like my heart.
It was broken.
It was unfixable.

The liquid that was within the cup, smeared all over the floor, and I just stared at it, whilst the tears rushed down my face.

A blurry figure had pulled me up from my chair and hugged me effectively.

I knew it was Minho; his warmth was all I needed now.

His support was something I needed to survive.

My hands clung onto the back of his shirt, as I let my tears soak up his clothes. He just my hair in a soothing manner, until I had calmed down.

As soon as I was calm, Minho placed his index finger underneath my chin and tilted my head back. He wiped the tears from my cheeks with the pad of his thumbs. “Just go to the living room, and get some rest.”

I mumbled something intelligible, and wiped my nose with the end of my sleeve. I walked languidly to the living, and slumped on the couch and just stared at the blank TV screen.

My eyes frantically scanned the living room, from left to right, until they landed on the book that said – Family photo album.

I gnawed my bottom lip, as my hands itched to touch the photo album that was slightly hidden behind a couple of books on the bookcase. I just needed to see him, at least once more. I just needed to see my brother once more. I needed to be reminded of his positive energy that lingered around, whenever he was beside me.

I stood up, my clothes rustling against my skin as I motioned over to the bookcase. I stared at the letters of the book, before actually picking it up and moving back to the couch.

I placed the family album on my lap, and felt the texture of the book.

It was a pink leather texture; I smiled because I had picked this photo album to record all the necessary memories.

I opened the album at random, and I let my eyes wander around until they landed on the picture of Taemin and me in the bride’s dressing room. I remembered that day perfectly. How could I forget?

“I’m so nervous.” I had said.

“Don’t be,” He kissed my forehead, before placing the veil on my head, and just after that he covered my face with the veil. “Mum and dad, would be so proud if they were alive.” His voice shook that time, and I had seen his eyes sadden, and his lips tremble lightly.

“Taemin don’t.” I had felt the tears overflow my eyelids. He exhaled loudly, and smiled. “Let’s go beautiful, time to marry the man of your dreams.”

I let my fingers linger over his facial textures; a loud shaky sigh escaped my lips at the overwhelming pain that had accumulated in my heart.

My vision bleared, and blurred as the tears began falling.

“I’m sorry, Taemin. I’m so sorry. I should have protected you better.” I murmured, mostly to myself

I heard soft footsteps, and then I felt the side of the couch sink because of body weight. I knew it was Minho.

He removed the photo album from my lap and placed it on the coffee table in front of the couch, and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to his body.

He placed a faint kiss on my scalp, as the tears fell from my eyes.

I missed him.
It had only been a day, but I missed everything about Taemin.
It felt like there was something in my heart that was missing.

It felt like a part that belonged to him was now gone.
He had taken a part of himself from my heart to heaven.

“I m-miss him, M…Minho. I miss him so much.” I hiccuped, a few times my shoulder raising and falling, in a hyperventilation manner. I felt Minho’s hand rub my back, it was soothing, but it still didn’t replace the pain in my heart.

I just want justice to happen.
I just want karma to happen.


A/N: Knackered...
Comments are welcome.
New poster too.