Comfort and Lies

Fany, Beware of Siwon's Fist!!!

Sunny and Fany sat on the carpet of Sunny’s house, looking at the man who they laid on the sofa. They looked at him confused and speechless. Fany’s phone rang.

“Hello.” She answered. “Fany… where are you?” Her grandma asked. Fany quickly shook and looked at Sunny with fear. “It’s my grandma!” Fany said mouthing the words and pointing at her phone. Sunny took the phone.

                “Hi grandma!” Sunny said smiling. “This is Sunny. Are you okay if Fany sleeps over tonight? I have some things to do and I need her to help me.” She said. Fany made a thumb up and laughed quietly. Sunny walked towards the kitchen to talk on the phone while Fany sat there and continued looking at the guy. She gasped when she heard the guy move and lightly cough.

                “Yah! Are you okay?!” Fany whispered moving closely by him. He slowly opened his eyes and let out a light breath. “Water.” He said quietly in a mumble. She scrunched her face in confusion. “Huh?” She asked moving closer. He spoke once more. “Water.” He said with a crackly voice. She stared confused and scratched her head. “Can you speak louder? I can’t really hear-“

“Water!” He yelled louder with a wince. Fany shook. “Yah! Ask nicely next time!” She screamed at him standing up. “Who told you to speak like a mouse?! I couldn’t hear and understand ANYTHING you were saying!” She yelled then walked towards the kitchen. Sunny walked towards them and passed by Fany.

                “Whoa what happened?” Sunny asked confused, seeing that he was awake. Fany scoffed and walked by her. “He yelled at me!” She said angrily, grabbing a water bottle in the fridge and walking towards him smirking.

            “Hey… are you feeling better?” Sunny asked sweetly. The guy slowly moved with pain on his face. “What’s your name?” She asked again. Fany walked over with a water bottle and a wet towel.

            “I don’t think he can talk.” She annoyed. “He can only yell!” She muttered again. Sunny looked up at her then at the door when a knock was heard. She walked to get it.

            “Kyuhyun oppa! What are you doing here?” Sunny said annoyed, trying to close the door so he wouldn’t see what was happening. Fany looked up at the door and walked over to them. “Hey Sunny. Is everything okay?” Fany asked. Sunny returned with a nod.

                “Sunny. Can I please talk with you?” Kyuhyun pleaded. Sunny looked down and breathed deeply. “Please.” He said. She stared at him for a while and nodded. “Fany. I’ll be back later okay? CALL me if you need me.” Sunny told Fany then she grabbed her things and walked out the door. Fany nodded and closed the door and locked it then looked down and sighed. She heard a cough and quickly walked back to the sofa. She grabbed the water bottle on the table and opened it.

“Here’s your water.” She said annoyed. He lay still on the sofa. “You really think I can drink on my own?” He said weakly with his eyes closed. Fany narrowed her eyes and scowled at him. She crouched down and gulped in annoyance then put her left hand behind his head.

                “Open.” She demanded. He slowly opened his dry mouth and slowly drank, keeping his eyes closed. Fany stared at him while he drank admiring his features.

            “Hey…what’s your name?” She asked. He finished drinking and set his head back down on the sofa. He his lips tiredly while she reached for the wet towel to wipe off his bloodstains. He didn’t answer her until she was about to ask again. “Choi… Si Won.” He said tiredly. Fany nodded and slowly rubbed the wet towel on his beat up face.

                “Choi Si Won.” She repeated slowly with a confused expression. “Choi Si Won. Sounds like a jerk I used to know.” She said wiping his face gently. He lightly scoffed with a laugh, making his dimples deeply show. She stopped and stared at them with a smile and slight confusion.              

“Hey. What high school did you go to?” She asked curiously. He slowly opened his eyes sat up with pain inhaling deeply. “Where am I?” He asked ignoring her question. He coughed once more and looked around the small house. Kyung Hee slowly stood up.

            “Are you from Dong Wa High School?” She asked. He slowly looked up at her rubbing his busted lip and chuckled. “Did you go through my wallet?” He asked chuckling.

            “It is you huh?!” She yelled excitedly with a laugh. “Choi Si Won! The one who got into fights every day in class!” She screamed pointing at him and hitting his shoulder. He winced in pain annoyed at her actions. “You got into a fight with my ex-friend once!” She yelled happily. He rubbed his shoulders and neck.

                “I guess.” He said slowly staring at her. “I don’t remember you.” He said confused. He took the wet towel and started to clean his face slowly with it again. “I suppose it’s a good thing.” He said after he finished.

            “Well, obviously because I was never around.” She said. “I was home schooled.” She said sitting on the carpet and resting her head on the table. She suddenly had an angry expression on her face. “And I would be the best person you’ll ever meet. So it was your loss for not knowing me.” She said with a smile on her face. He scoffed.

            “Hmm.” He said carelessly. ”Then how’d you hear about me?” Si Won asked. Fany laughed. “Oh you have no idea. My best friend Sunny used to have the biggest crush on you.” She said laughing. “But that was before you started fighting and causing trouble.” She said. Si Won scoffed. “Sunny? That girl earlier?” He asked still sounding weak. She nodded.

            “Yeah, she’s my best friend Sunny.” She said nodding. “She had the longest crush on you. Ever since third grade, I believe. But when she found out you were a fighter. Poof! She instantly took you out of her life.” She said with a disgusted face.

“What’s so wrong about fighting?” He asked taking his sweater and shirt off.

                “Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What’re you doing?!” She yelled standing up. “Why’re you taking your clothes off?” She asked. Si Won slightly looked at her and chuckled. “You didn’t answer my question yet.” He said. Fany looked down and sat down on the carpet, facing the opposite direction of him.

                “Well, I… I just don’t think that fighting is the solution to everything.” She said slowly confused, moving her hair off her face. He scoffed loudly. “That’s what everyone is taught to think.” He said cleverly. “But you have to learn on your own to know that it’s not true.” He said. She sat still looking down on the carpet and heard him grunt.

“Hey, come here.” He said grunting. Fany slowly turned around and turned right back around when she saw his broad and well-built chest. “What’s there to be afraid of? I'm not going to pounce on you.” He said with a painful voice. Fany took a deep breath and slowly turned around. “What are you doing now-“

She gasped when Si Won turned around. She saw all the scratches, bruises, and scars that were on his back from him getting beaten. He winced in pain trying to not move so much. She walked towards him. “Who did this to you?” She asked staring at his back with fear in her eyes. He closed his eyes tightly in pain and flexed his back.

                “Here. Give me the towel.” Si Won grunted, turning his head around to look at his scars. At the same time, his hand outreached towards her. Fany sat frozen staring and concentrating on the scars on his back. He stared at her annoyed.

“Yah!” He yelled angrily. She shook and quickly reached for the towel and handed it to him. “Here.” She said. He took the towel quickly and used his left hand to rub the scarred area on his back. She sat and watched him clean himself.

“What’re you again?” He asked wincing. She looked up at his face. “What am I? What do you mean what am I?” She asked confused. She stood up to walk to the refrigerator and opened the freezer.

                “Name.” He said a bit louder using his right hand to clean the other side, wincing. “Oh, I’m Fany. Tiffany Hwang, but everyone calls me Fany, so you can just call me Fany.” She said smiling brightly, coming back with an icepack in her hand. He was struggling with cleaning himself when he couldn’t reach parts on his back. Fany sighed. “Do you… need some help?” She asked, setting the ice on the table. He shook his head.

“No.” He said sharply. She pouted her lips and nodded. “All right.” She said trailing her voice. “Well, here’s the ice pack and-“

“Put the bandage on my back.” He said quickly throwing the bandages that was on the table at her. She turned around and without warning the bandage box hit her forehead and bounced off, falling to the ground.

            “Yah!” She yelled irritated while her eyes were tightly closed. She quickly opened her eyes. “Ask nicely will you!?” She screamed. He scoffed. “‘Nicely’ is a word unknown in my world.” He said lying on his belly on the sofa slowly.

“Now hurry up. I don’t want to get infections on my wounds.” He said. “Well, then you should’ve thought of that before getting into fights then.” She said annoyed walking over to him with the bandages in her hand.