Story 6

My Real Story

            “Stay with me noona, please stay with me”, Sungkyu took out his phone from his jeans and tried as fast as he can to call the hospital.

“He- Hello.. Hello.. Please there’s someone unconscious. I’m at Woollim University. Please come soon”, he then end the phone.

“Why don’t you tell me before that you’re allergic to flowers!”, Sungkyu said while he carried Minkyung outside the hall to the front gate

            Sungkyu tapped his feet in front of the gate. He shifted his head right and left anxiously. If felt ages to wait for the ambulance to came

            After a few minutes of waiting, the ambulance finally came. The paramedic quickly took Minkyung and placed her in the gurney, and carries her inside. After that, Sungkyu followed by getting inside the ambulance.

 

 

“Hello? Woohyun-ah”, Sungkyu said when the call was connected to Woohyun.

            “Ne What’s wrong?”, Woohyun answered on the other side, while having a dinner with her girlfriend.

            “Minkyung noona was unconscious because of her allergic. Come here Woohyun..”

            “Ahh, but”, Woohyun stopped talking, while he looked at his girlfriend “Okay I’ll come. Where are you?”

            “We’re at the hospital near noona’s university... Room 202”, Sungkyu replied.

            “Okay. I’ll be there in about 20 minutes”, Woohyun then ended the call, and looked at his girlfriend with a sorry face.

            “I’m sorry Jae Rin, but I have to go My noona is in the hospital. But, I'll make it up tomorrow Do you want to?”, with that Woohyun’s girlfriend nodded her head, which made Woohyun to smiled happily.

            “Thank you for you understanding. I’ll go now”, he smiled as he gets up from his chair, and moved forward to give a peck on his girlfriend’s cheek before leaving.

            Woohyun put on his helmet, and drove his motorcycle as fast as possible. He arrived at the hospital after 15 minutes later. Then he went inside the building.

            Once he was inside, he asked one of the receptionist where-bouts is room 202. After knowing where the room is and thanking her, Woohyun ran to the room.

            “Hey, how was noona?! Is it bad?”, Woohyun asked Sungkyu worriedly when he saw Sungkyu stood in front of the room.

            “Woohyun-ah, don’t you know that noona was allergic to flowers? When I gave her the flower, it made her hard to breath. And because of that she went unconscious.”

            “I don’t know about that How was her condition now?”, Woohyun asked Sungkyu again.

            “She’s in a good state now”, Sungkyu answered.

            “That’s good Anyway, why are you outside?”, Woohyun asked again when he realize that they’re both not in the room.

            “Well You mum is inside”, Sungkyu said while he looked at Woohyun.

            “Re-Really??”, Woohyun then opened the door and saw that his noona and mum were inside. His tears suddenly fell, by what he just saw He really missed his mum. Remembering that he nearly never saw his parents came home. Woohyun immediately went to his mum’s side and hugged her.

            Looking at Woohyun who’s hugging her mum, made Sungkyu to tears He also missed her mum, who was never there for him He closed the door behind him, and sat on the floor backing the door, “Omma”, he cried silently....

 

õõõõ

 

            “Ommaa!!”, Sungkyu yelled while he sat on his bed. Using the back of his hand, he wiped away his cold sweat on his forehead. ‘Why did I always dreamt about my past lately…’, Sungkyu sighed.

“Ah, it’s already 6 o’clock, better get going now…”, he mumbled to himself.

After preparing himself for 20 minutes-ish, Sungkyu went outside and called, “Woohyunie”.

“Wae??”, Woohyun appeared from the kitchen, while he held a glass of milk.

“Whoa, why are you so neat this morning?”, Woohyun held on his milk while looking at Sungkyu from his head to toe. Even Woohyun was still on his sleeve and track pants.

“Hey, you should go shower… You stink”, Sungkyu pushed Woohyun away when he’s coming closer.

“You’re no fun Sungkyu. But, oh well… Wait here okay? I’ll be ready in a while..”

“Okay okay”, Sungkyu replied lazily…

 

 

Sungkyu came out from his office while he’s stretching out his body.

“Woohyunie, let’s have a lunch”, Sungkyu approached Woohyun, who was busy checking flour stocks.

"Okay, wait for a while I'm going to finish this soon", Woohyun said.

After 5 minutes later, “Let’s go”, Woohyun said when he put his book on the table and followed Sungkyu outside.

Sungkyu smiled while he looked around at the shop that was getting busier because it was lunchtime. While he looked around, he saw a familiar figure in the shop. He smiled and goes towards that familiar figure. Woohyun whom was standing behind Sungkyu also saw someone that was familiar to him, he then hesitantly go there.

“Heo Jae In sshi” “Heo Jae Rin”, both Sungkyu and Woohyun said together. At that moment both Jae In and Jae Rin looked at each other, and that also happened with Woohyun and Sungkyu.

“Eh? You kno-know her?”, asked Woohyun stuttering as he point to Jae Rin.

“Oh, ani… I know her”, Sungkyu answered while point to Jae In. He then moved her head to Jae In, “Hey you come again”, Sungkyu chuckled.

“It’s because of unnie. She asked me for lunch and suddenly we’re here and she said that she’s searching for someone”, Jae In replied, that made Jae Rin to nudge her. Jae In’s reply doesn’t affect Sungkyu since he was still smiling.

But it was different for Woohyun, since he looked sad. “Are you searching or me?”, Woohyun hesitantly asked Jae Rin.

“Umm.. No”, Jae Rin replied quickly and turned her head sideway. She then looked at Sungkyu, “I’m searching for him”.

“Looking for me?”, Sungkyu looked confused.

“Yeah you… I like you”, Sungkyu’s eyes widened with her answer, and he felt that he never saw her before.

“You guys know each other?”, asked Jae Rin in shocked.

“Well, I’ve ever had a one day dating service with him”, Jae Rin explained.

‘Really?’, Sungkyu said to himself. Hearing Jae Rin’s reply made Jae In felt relieved, don’t know why… But, it made Woohyun to move his head down, and felt sad. He remembered his past with Jae Rin, and now he felt that Jae Rin has made him as the ‘bad guy’. Since actually the one who ended up their relationship was Jae Rin… ‘You left me Jae Rin’, Woohyun reminisce.

“Jae In…”, suddenly out of no where Howon came, joining their group conversation and pulled Jae In’s hand.

“Hey what was that?”, Sungkyu shoo-ed Howon’s hand from pulling Jae-In’s hand. “When did he came?”.

“Well… this is a strange coincidence… Haha”, Jae In said while she laughed awkwardly. She was surprised to saw that everyone met here…

“Heo Jae In, you’re avoiding me these days. I've been searching for you, and today, finally found you here”, Howon said distracting the other four people in the group. Sungkyu just stand there and look at both Jae In and Howon disbelieving.

On the other side, Jae In was actually really happy that her sunbae was searching for her. But, she hid that felling very well, “I’m not avoiding you sunbae… You don’t need to search for me anymore, Homin will misunderstand”, Sungkyu who was standing beside Jae In nods in agreement.

“What do you mean? She knows that our relationship is only a sunbae and hobae relationship”, Howon explained to Jae In, but this made Jae In felt upset.

“Why are you searching for me sunbae?”, Jae In asked.

“My birthday is coming up. And I’m holding a party, hmm you’re coming right?”, Howon asked.

“Oh yeah, I’m coming”, Jae In answered half-heartedly.

“Erhm”, Sungkyu pretended cough to caught Jae In and Howon’s attention, which actually worked, since both of them looked at Sungkyu in unison.

“If Jae In is coming, then I’m also going to come”, Sungkyu added while smiling brightly.

“What? You’re coming??”, Howon asked in shocked.

“Yeah… Why?”, Sungkyu asked innocently.

“Oh well.. I’ll send the address of the party to your house, Jae In… Anyway, I’ll be leaving first since I’ve class”, Howon left immediately without waiting any of them to reply.

Howon walked off and stood on the side of the bakery shop, and held on to his chest where his heart was beating fast, “ah ani… it’s impossible..”, Howon shook his head and continued walking.

 

õõõõ

 

Tomorrow is the day that Howon’s party going to be held, but Jae In hasn’t got a dress that she’ll be wearing.

“Hey unnie, can you please help me choosing what dress should I buy? Well, you know that I’m bad at that”, said Jae In to her unnie, Jae Rin, through the phone.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t go today. I have work interview… Ask Seul, okay?”, Jae Rin replied on the other end.

“Ohhh unnie… But, arasseo. Good luck unnie!”

“Ne… Gomawo, I’ll hung up kay?”, Jae Rin said and the she hung up the phone.

Then Jae In texted Seul.

 

‘Seul~ can you help me to choose dress now?’

 

Jae In sent the text, but she felt that Seul couldn’t go with her. After a minute, a reply form Seul came

 

‘Mian Jae In-ah~ I’m going out with Myungsoo today’

 

Jae In sighed, ‘See, I’m right’.

 

‘Okay then, it’s okay. Have fun!’

 

Jae In replied.

Jae In then continued to drank her ice green tea while looking at her phone.

‘Hmm, I wonder whom I can ask to go with me’, she thought, while she scrolled down her contact list, and she saw, ‘Sungkyu-sshi (one day dating service)’

“Should I ask for his service?”, mumbled Jae In. But, in the end she finally pressed the green button on her phone. After about 5 seconds, a person finally answered the phone.

“Yeoboseyo”, Sungkyu answered.

“Yeoboseyo… Sungkyu-sshi?”, Jae In asked in a low voice.

“Nee.. Who is this?”, Sungkyu confirmed while he asked back.

“Umm…”, Jae In took a deep breath before answering, “This is Jae In”.

“Ahh… What’s wrong?”, Sungkyu asked on the other end while he smiled. He felt that he was about to explode because of happiness.

“Umm… That… Are you busy today?”, Jae In asked shyly, which made Sungkyu’s smiled even bigger.

“Oh yeah, I am, what’s wrong?”

“Oh, it’s okay if you’re busy then…”, Jae In answered hopeless…

Sungkyu then hits his forehead, regretting what he just said. “Hey it’s okay. I can spare my time for you”

“You sure? Actually I want to ask for your service”, hearing that, Sungkyu giggled without sound.

“What service?”, Sungkyu pretended to asked.

“Well… That service… The one day service date…”, said Jae In lowering her voice gradually as she speak…

Finally Sungkyu stop pretending and answered, “Ahh, yeah I can go. Is it today?, Sungkyu asked.

“Ne… Just go to Woollim Department Store, I’m at café Paradise”, said Jae In.

“Okay… Umm, I’ll be there in 20 minutes. See you there”, Sungkyu replied and then ended the call. Soon, he stood up from his chair, and went outside his office.

“Hey Woohyun, I’m called for one day dating service”, Sungkyu said while he patted Woohyun’s shoulder.

“Oh? Okay. See you later then”, Woohyun said while he still focusing on what he’s doing.

“Oh yeah, and you don’t have to wait for me, just close the shop”, Sungkyu added before he went out.

 

 

Jae In drank her ice green tea while she flipped the magazine in the table. She didn’t realize that someone was actually coming towards her way.

“Ahh!”, Jae In said while she jumped from her chair, because she felt that something cold on her cheek. She automatically moved her face to the side to see the source of the coldness. And she found that it came from a glass of iced Americano that Sungkyu was holding.

“Ahh, Sungkyu-sshi…”, said Jae In while she held her wet cheek.

“Sorry it took me awhile…”, Sungkyu said while he drank his iced Americano slowly. The situation between them was awkward, since none of them were talking.

But, then Sungkyu started to make a conversation, “Umm, why do you need my service today?”

“Well… Tomorrow is sunbae’s birthday party”, Jae In said slowly.

“Ah yeah, that’s true”, Sungkyu added.

“Umm, there’s no one that can help me to choose a dress. So, I called you for that. I need you to help me to choose a dress…”, said Jae In while she smiled. She thought that Sungkyu would be surprised, but apparently he looked normal…

“Is it okay for you to help me choosing a dress?”, Jae In asked.

“Why not? I also need to find a suit. So we can go together”, said Sungkyu while he smiled.

“Let’s go”, Sungkyu stood up. Then both of them walked out from the café.

 

 

Jae In was observing the dress that she held in front of her, “Hey, how about this one?”, she said and took out a short black dress to show it to Sungkyu.

Sungkyu looked at it, and he imagined how it would look like in Jae In, but then he shook his head left and right showing that it’s not good.

Jae In put back the dress back to the rack, and pulled another short dress, but this time it was red. She showed it to Sungkyu, and in return he said, “Try it”.

While Jae In was in the fitting room, Sungkyu looked around the shop and found a brown suit that he liked. Without thinking twice he pulled the brown suit form the rack and took it.

Then, Jae In came out from the fitting room shyly. “Hmm… How was it?”, Jae In asked Sungkyu.

Sungkyu felt that his heart skip faster, but he tried to acted normal. “It’s… Umm, good. Do you like it?”.

Jae In nodded. “But, is it too much?”, she turned around to showed Sungkyu that the back part of her dress was low cutted.

“Nahh… It’s okay”, Sungkyu smiled.

“Okay then, I’ll choose this one”, Jae In said, while she went inside the fitting room again.

Sungkyu sat on the nearest sofa, and held onto his chest, “She shouldn’t asked me to help her choosing a dres…”, he mumbled…

After a while, Jae In came out from the fitting room while she held her dress on her left hand.

“I’ve got mine… So, we’re going to search for yours eh?”. But then Jae In saw the suit that Sungkyu was holding on his hand, and she continued, “Oh? You’ve got yours?”.

Sungkyu nods indicating yes. “Let’s pay”, Sungkyu stood up and went to the cashier.

 

 

To be Continued...


Hey hey!

Thank you for subscribing, reading, and commenting! :)

Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistake >< and if this story is boring TT

 

JaneNatasha -