Story 1

My Real Story

 

Jae In sighed while staring at a tall building in front of her. Library. She sighs over and over again until she finally decided to push the main door of the building.

“Woah!! I wonder, why people could stand to be here. Just by seeing at dozens of racks, I’m tired already”. She’s amaze looking at the library that’s full of bookshelf, and peoples are enjoying their time reading book.

She browse the racks one by one, looking for the book she’s searching for. Jae In take some books and put it in her arms when suddenly her phone rings, Jae In jumps and hurriedly picks up the phone while she bow down apologizing.

“He… hello?” half whispering.

“Heo Jae In.. Where have you been?! I think I’m about to faint waiting you here for 2 hours already” said the person on the other side.

“Ahh~ I’m sorry Sunbae… I forgot, I’ll go there soon” still whispering.

“Anyway, why are you whispering?”

“I’m in the library now”

“Whoa… What’s with you in the library? I thought you don’t like to read”

“Well, it’s because of that stupid assignment. Anyway I need to go now, I want to borrow the book. I will hang up ‘kay?” Jae In closed the flip of her phone. Then she jog a little to the lending table when a woman came from the other side and hit her, that cause both of them hit the ground.

“Hey!!” Jae In looks at the books that are scattered on the floor with mouth open. She stare at the book that she hold in her arm, that it’s not her book. Well, that means it’s the woman’s book.

“Ahh… I’m so sorry” Jae In hurriedly stand up and bow down apologizing.

‘A young woman? Maybe she’s the same age with me’ Jae In thought, while she helps taking the scattered book on the floor.

“This is so annoying… I could be late for my date today” she mutter then she takes her book quickly and went. Jae In pout then she checks her books, it’s still the same number, that means nothing’s lost, then she continue walking to the lending table.

“I would like to borrow this please” Jae In gives the books that she holds to.

“Sorry… What’s your name?” the librarian asks someone beside her table.

“Song Ho Min” answers her. Jae In turns towards where the voice’s coming, and apparently it’s the woman that she hit. ‘Ohh… So her name is Ho Min’ Jae In thought while she nods.

“Ms… Ms… Miss? Excuse me miss??” the librarian called Jae In a few times, and finally the librarian broke her reverie.

“Ahh… I’m sorry”

“What’s your name?”

“Um, Song… Oh, I mean Heo.. Heo Jae In” then Jae In carry out the books and go into a taxi straight away.

“Sir, please take me to Gangnam”

“Yes miss”                                               

And when she just decides to read the book that she just borrows, her phone rings, breaking the silence in the taxi. Jae In searched for her phone in her bag, until she finally found her phone. She still sees the screen of her phone first before she opens the flip of her phone.

“Hello? I’ll arrive in just a minute, Sunbae~ Please be patient”

“Ahh nee. Hurry up princess” her Sunbae chuckles, then press the red button.

The atmosphere in the taxi was really quiet, the taxi driver is busy driving the car, while Jae In is busy with her book.

“Um… Excuse me miss, we already arrive at Gangnam, where do we go now?” the taxi driver asks, breaking the silence.

After Jae In shows the direction, finally they arrive on the destination. Once they arrive there, Jae In immediately get out from the taxi when her phone rings again.

“Miss~ Hey Miss~ you haven’t pay yet” shout the taxi driver to her.

“Ahh yeah~” Jae In hit her forehead then running back towards the taxi.

“Sorry, Ahjussi.. I’m in a hurry” she explain while giving the money to the taxi driver, and go immediately.

“Miss~ your forgot change!” for the second time she hit her forehead, and looking back to the taxi. “Just keep the change, Ahjussi” hearing that, the taxi driver face turn into a smile. Jae In doesn’t care about that anymore, she runs towards the café, where Lee Howon, her Sunbae is waiting.

Jae In spins her head searching for her Sunbae and found him sitting with his back facing her. She jogs approaching him.

“Sunbae” Jae In tap Howon’s shoulder from behind, which makes Howon jumps a little.

“oh~ you’re here?”

“Sunbae, sorry for making you to wait so long” Jae In said while taking out a chair in front of Howon. “Ahh, it’s okay… How’s your adventure in the library?” he grins.

“Hmm… I borrow some books” now all the books that Jae In holds on to already lying on the café table. “Wahh~ You borrow quiet a lot books”

“Excuse me Miss, would you like to order now?” a waitress comes to their table.

“Ahh yes please~” Jae In take the menu and quickly choose one from the drink list.

“Um, I would like one coffee latte” the waitress go back to the kitchen after repeating the order.

“Why Sunbae bring me here?” ask Jae In, while she’s busy placing her books inside her bag.

“I want to tell you about my girlfriend”

“Ahh~ it’s about your girlfriend, what’s wrong? Is there any problems, Sunbae?”

“I…” Howon stop his sentence, he’s nervous. “I want to buy her a present. Soon…” Howon stop his sentence again when he see a woman come inside the café and approach a man that’s sitting right behind them.

“This is your order” the waitress comes back with a cup of coffee latte. “Ahh.. Thank you” Jae In drink her coffee latte, while Howon still doesn’t believe of what he’s seeing now.

“Sunbae, why do you want to buy her a pre…” now it’s Jae In turns that stop her sentence when she sees her Sunbae dumbfounded. She follows Howon’s gaze and find a familiar girl.

“Oh!! It’s the girl from the library” hearing that, Howon immediately turns around his face.

“Do you know her, Sunbae? I met here at the library before” Jae In babbles alone. “I’m the one who suppose to ask you, do you know her?”

“Why?” Jae In starts to puzzled. “Well, she’s my girlfriend, the one that I just told you”

“WHAT?” Jae In shout spontaneously and immediately covers . Homin looks at Jae In and Howon’s direction, and her eyes widen as she looks at Howon. Howon looks down on the floor.

“Hey~ Why did you shout like that?”

“Ahh no… It’s okay. I’m just shock” Jae In covers with both of her hands. ‘Is that girl just cheat on my Sunbae? That girl just said that she will go to a date’ she thought.

Now the guy behind Jae In is looking on her direction while handing her a business card. “Excuse me… If you’re interested” he gives his business card to Jae In. Jae In hurriedly takes the card before he can explain more.

“If you need a one day dating ser-“ Jae In immediately covers the guy’s mouth when she heard him saying the word date. Howon is confused looking at this situation.

“What date?” ask Howon to that guy, Homin quickly take the guy’s hand and shakes her head. Howon can’t stand anymore seeing this, he approach Homin and drag her outside the café.

“I have come this far to Gangnam for him” murmur Jae In.

“Well… Because my client is taken away by someone, why don’t you have a date with me?” the guy said while he grins to Jae In direction, without knowing that she’s stunned there.

“Have you read my business card?” ask that guy and sit in the chair in front of her without asking. Jae In read the writing in the card.

“My name is Kim Sungkyu, my birthday is on 23 of April. The rest of the information is a secret, I’ll only tell it to my real girlfriend.” Sungkyu chuckles a little because Jae In isn’t smiling even a little.

“Hey~ You’re so boring” Sungkyu said while leaning his shoulder to the sofa.

“Do you see the guy that was with me before?”

“Yeah, I saw him”

“He’s handsome right?” Jae In smiles a little.

“What? He’s the guy who takes my client” Sungkyu hit the table softly. “Hey~ he’s the boyfriend of your client” Sungkyu is shock now. “What?? He’s her boyfriend?”

“That’s right!! And your client just intend to cheat on my Sunbae”.

“Hmm… Here’s the problems, not everyone who comes to me is to have a one day dating service, but there’s some of them that come to consult about love. And that client was consulting about love. But people knows me as a one day date”, Jae In sniff.

“If that so, you have to change your name. You could make someone misunderstand”

“Wait for a second… It seems that I get something. So that guy is your Sunbae?” Jae In nods. “And you like your Sunbae?” Jae In nods once again, but then shakes her head when she realizes what she’s saying just now.

“Ahh~ I don’t like Sunbae” Jae In shake both of her hands.

“You don’t need to avoid anymore, it’s already written in all over your face”

“It’s impossible, I just admired him as my Sunbae” Jae In avoid. “Come on~ Just tell me, I can give you advices” Jae In stare at Sungkyu doubting. “All right! I will share a little”

“Yeah… It’s right that I like Sunbae. But, wait… Why do I need to tell about this to you?”

“Um, I will give you advice..” Jae In scratches her head even though her head is not itchy.

“Well, it’s true that I like Sunbae. But I’m not suppose to like him, he already have a girlfriend”.

“Hey Miss~ There’s nothing too late in this world. As long as there’s no marriage, you’re still allowed to snatch him” Jae In’s eyes widen as she listen to what he’s saying.

“Are you crazy?? You tell me to snatch him?? I’m not that type of girl”, Sungkyu laugh hearing what Jae In said.

“Love is cruel, and it doesn’t indiscriminate” said Sungkyu, while Jae In still gawk not believing what she just heard.

“I think I have choose the wrong person”, Jae In left Sungkyu and just as she stands up, she see Howon return.

“Sunbae~” call Jae In, her feelings are mixed up between happy, concerned, and sad.

“Are you leaving now? I’ll take you” Howon take Jae In’s hand and they’re about to go, when Sunggyu’s hands hold them back. “Hey, are you planning to take my client on this one too?”

“Client? Hah…” Howon release Sungykyu’s hands and drag Jae In outside the café, leaving Sungkyu inside.

“The point is, my schedule is empty today”, he shrugs before leaving the café.

 

õõõõ

 

“Sunbae you can let go of me now”, Howon just realize that he’s holding Jae In’s hand. “Ahh~ sorry”

“I’ll just go home by taxi”, said Jae In.

“I bring my car today”, Jae In was just going to say yes when Homin come out from the car and approach them.

“Oppa~ Why are you taking so long?”

“Sunbae, just take your girlfriend home.. You don’t need to worry about me”, Jae In tap Howon’s shoulder, then walks away.

“Wait~ Heo Jae In!” but Howon’s voice getting smaller as he see Sungkyu following her.

“Hey! Wait~”, Sungkyu ran after Jae In.

“Wahh~ my client is broken-hearted”, Sungkyu giggles while he’s looking at Jae In’s down face.

“You’re so noisy!! Don’t follow me!”, said Jae In while she moves away from Sungkyu, but with ease Sungkyu chase Jae In.

“Because you’re broken-hearted now.. I will give you a special offer, what about you enjoy a date with me for free” said Sungkyu while he hugs Jae In.

Howon is looking at them from afar, he doesn’t want to look at them, but his body doesn’t want to ‘What’s wrong with me?! She’s only my junior (hobae).. It’s impossible for me to like her right?’ he thought.

“Oppa~ Come on! What are you doing?” Homin drags Howon to the car.

 

“Why did you bring me here?” She is confused staring the salon’s glass door in front of her.  She even never thought about coming here in the first place, but now the guy that she just know a few hours ago take her here.

“Well, we’re going to fix your hairstyle here” his answer makes Jae In immediately look at the tall guy next to her.

“But.. Wh.. Why.. Is it needed to be fix?!” Sungkyu holds his chin, and then he looks at Jae In from head to toe.

“Your hairstyle doesn’t suits you.. Your fashion style is… hmm, pretty good” Sungkyu nods to himself.

“But.. my money isn’t enough to enter this luxury salon” Jae In opens her wallet and see the rest of the money that she have, Sungkyu stole a glance and look at the rest of the money and he said, “Ahh!!! It’s enough..”

Jae In stare at Sungkyu, worried. “I might not be able to go home”

"Don’t worry~ Calm down. I often go to this salon, I have a member card so we can get a discount” Sungkyu pats at Jae In and gave her his killer smile.

But, Jae In still glued looking at the rest of the money. “But this is my pocket money for this month”, said Jae In still looking at her 70000 won money.

“Come on in” Sungkyu smiles and drag her inside.

 

Jae In can only slumped the chair salon, while Sungkyu is busy choosing the hairstyle that he thinks will suits Jae In. Sungkyu turns the magazine pages over and over again, and finally finds the right hairstyle for her. “Please cut her hair like this”, said Sungkyu smiling to the hairdresser that will cut Jae In’s hair.

Jae In’s had her eyes widen when she see the hairdresser expression who is a girl, flushed looking at Sungkyu’s smile ‘I don’t believe this’ Jae In thought while she shook her head.

“Ahh!! I also wants to cut my hair” Sungyu continue distracting the hairdresser.

“Ohh~ Okay Sir” the hairdresser just go away from Jae In and go to Sungkyu.

“Ahh~ just do her first” Sungkyu point at Jae In, that makes Jae In turn.

“It’s okay, you can go first”, Jae In refuses nicely.

“It’s okay.. You’re the one who pays for it” Sungkyu again gave her his killer smile, Jae In can only gulped and forced to smile.

Sungkyu walks back and forth, he’s bored. His hair was already cut, but Jae In is not finish yet because her hair is being curled. Even Jae In is almost asleep. Sungkyu suddenly walk to the cashier and smile looking at the staff at the cashier table.

 

“Nah! It’s done..” shout the hairdresser happy, proud to be more precisely.

“Wah!!” Jae In stare at the figure in the mirror, she doesn’t believe of what she just sees.

“This is me right? I’m dreaming right?” Jae In pinches her cheek and wincing in pain. Sungkyu who’s looking at the back, smiles looking at her.

“You like it right? You’re not doubting anymore to spend all of your whole month pocket money right?”, Jae In just remember it.

“Ahh~ Y-yes” Jae In force to smile.

“Now let’s pay.. And pay for mine too” Sungkyu pull Jae In’s hand while he smile. Jae In scratch her hair, ‘I’m dead now’ she thought.

“How much is it?” ask Jae In hesitantly, she really wants to cover her ears, while Sungkyu shows card.

“Everything is going to be 82000 won”, Jae In’s eyes widen as she hear the staff talk.

“Ei.. Eighty two thousand won?!!” Jae In looks at Sungkyu.

“My money isn’t enough~” Sungkyu just smile and shrug.

 

 

 

To be continued…