The Past

A Players' Game

 

Eunmi’s P.O.V

Oh, annyeong-haseyo, juh neun Hwang Eunmi-imnida. I go to SM high school with my best friend, Kang Minseul and my other weird awesome friends; SHINee.

I hope the author told you my story… Wait, has she?

Author: Umm, about that, I thought you’d want to say it yourself, I mean it is personal and it’s none of my business. *smiles innocently*

Arasso, well it started 3 years ago. I used to get bullied a lot. Other students make fun of me because of my looks, they would always say I was a flirt because I always used to hang out with L… Kim Myungsoo was his real name. I seriously don’t get it, why would people call you a flirt when you’re going out with that certain guy? 

Well anyway this is how it all started. 3 weeks before…

3 years ago

“Hwang Eunmi,” I turned around to see the owner of the voice.

It was him, Kim Myungsoo. I have had a huge crush on him since grade school and I was pretty happy that he called out my name. Finally. I didn’t know he was that type of guy who would break random girls’ heart. I mean, how would I know? I was just young back then, so I had an innocent mind, I didn’t really know there were such things as players or anything… *whispers* I was already 13… kind of innocent at an old age.

“Oh, umm, Myungsoo-ssi,” I managed to choke out.

“Hey, umm, are you free -ater?” He asked, I looked at him confused but nodded anyway.

“Hmm, waeyo?” I asked.

“Do you want to have -unch with me?” He asked.

“Su-sure,” I stuttered fixing my fringe that’s covering my eyes.

“Great, I’- see you -ater,” he smiled and walked off with the rest of Infinite.

The bell rang indicating for us to go and line up. You know grade schools, we have to line up and wait for the teachers’ instructions to go in the class. I lined up and heard whispers.

“Did, you see her with Myungsoo oppa?” I heard.

“I know, what a flirt,” I turned around and saw other students glaring at me. I didn’t know what flirt meant so I just stood there and waited for our teacher.

I got pretty annoyed because of the whisperings and glaring at that time but of course, I didn’t have the courage to go up to them and say ‘stop talking about me.’

The bell rang again. It was lunch time. The students ran out the classrooms with their lunches on their hands. I turned around and saw Myungsoo walking my way.

“-et’s go,” he said and took my hand.

He dragged me to the playground and sat there with me. I saw Infinite shaking their heads. I ignored them and looked at Myungsoo.

“Why are we here?” I asked.

“Umm, do you want to go out?” He asked me.

“Umm, we are outside,” I replied… *facepalm* see, I feel so stupid… ‘We are outside,’ what is this?

“Ani, what I mean is that, can you be my gir-friend?” he asked. I looked at Infinite to see them looking disappointed.

“Umm, sure?” I said unsure.

“CHINCHA?” He screamed.

“Mmhmm,” I nodded smiling then I felt a pair of arms hugging me, I hugged back. It felt nice having a boyfriend hugging you.

“Gomawo,” he thanked me.

“You’re welcome,” I smiled through the hug and broke it.

I looked at him and he was smirking at someone, I looked at who he was smirking at, it was; Jiae, she looked… I don’t know, pissed?

“Are you okay,” I asked, “why are you looking at her?” 

“Who?” He asked.

“Her,” I said pointing.

“Ani, I’m not -ooking at her, I’m -ooking at the other Infinite members,” he said, “-et’s go over there,” he pointed.

“Uhh, say ‘look’,” I said.

“-ook?” he replied unsure.

“Look,” I said again.

“-ook."

“I’m going to call you L,” I said.

“Wae?” He asked.

“You can’t say anything with ‘L’ properly,” I said, "plus you remind me of L from Death Note."

“Oh, right,” he smiled.

3 weeks later

It has been 3 weeks; more girls have been bullying me. And I heard rumours like:

‘Your L is cheating on you.'

‘He never liked you.'

‘L is only doing this just to make the girl he likes jealous so she can go out with him.'

I ignored what they said about L. And yes, many people call him L now.

“Hey, Eunmi,” I turned around saw my new friend, Kang Minseul. She’s new here and I guess people didn’t want to hang out with her because she was too quiet.

“Oh hey,” I smiled.

“I didn’t get to do my homework, it’s too hard and I didn’t get it,” she pouted.

“Aish unnie, I swear I’m going to kill you,” I said.

“I wasn’t here when we learnt this,” she said, “let’s go to the library,” she added.

“Fine,” I dragged my feet.

We were going to go to the library when I saw a glimpse of something or someone that looked familiar. I stopped and checked. They were making out in the corridors. I can’t see the face but I knew the girl was Jiae. When they stopped the guy turned around. It's L.

I went up to Jiae and slapped her. Tears escaped my eyes as I saw what just happened.

“Eunmi, what was that for?” I heard L scream at me, I looked at him confused.

“Why, are you protecting her?” I sobbed.

“I’m not protecting her, I just asked on why you s-apped her,” he shouted.

“Sh-she was-“

“You , can’t you see he never liked you?” Jiae said cutting my sentence off.

“Bw-bwoh?” I asked looking at him.

“Shut up Jiae,” L glared at her.

“No, I’ll tell her myself on why you asked her out,” she said.

“I don’t want to hear you talk, I want it to come out from L’s mouth,” I said. Minseul was just behind me. She didn’t know what to do she stood there frozen.

“Tell me,” I yelled at L.

“-ook, Eunm-“

“You freaking bastard, so the rumours are true aren’t they?” I said cutting him off.

“I was-“

“What the hell? I thought you were freakin’ different,” I hit his chest.

“Yes, so what?” I could hear anger in his voice.

“I hate you… Myungsoo,” I slapped him before running off.

And that was actually the last time I saw him. I didn’t go back to that school. I cursed on him, I had nightmares and etc.

It was heart-breaking to hear that a guy only went out with you just to make a certain girl jealous. Because I experienced it myself, I guess, it has to be the worst thing that can happen in your life.

Present

There, I told you the past, and yes all of that happened. I was heart-broken. The pain is now gone, thanks to my best friend and SHINee, they were the ones who made me forget about him.

Author-ssi you better watch out arasso? Even if you like that person this much. *stretches arms*

Author: How about Gongchan? I can say yes, yeah?

Aigoo, you and Gongchan. Oh and you too, don’t just randomly say yes to the guy you like. You have to know him first. 

Author: She's right! Listen to her.