Uncontrollable (Baekyeon)

Oneshot Collection

 

As she cast her eyes over the room, her gaze fell upon the photograph, sitting framed on his desk. She reached out and picked it up; it was an old photograph, one from a time long past, but one that she remembered as clearly as yesterday.

They’d been in Shanghai for a vacation, she remembered, a reward from their bosses because of their constantly good results.

Krystal was rolling her eyes, her expression bored as she stared at the camera. Her hair was messier than usual, and her lips pursed.

JB was next to Krystal, his arms slung around her, his usual playful grin on his face. His blonde hair was ruffled by the wind, making him look as if he had just woken up. He made the peace sign with the hand around Krystal, while his other hand held hers tightly.

She was next to JB, of course, his hand warm around hers. She was smiling at the camera, too. A happy, satisfied smile. One that she could only remember; it had been so long since she’d felt those feelings.

And there he was. Byun Baekhyun. He was staring at some distant point behind the cameraman, his gaze distracted as he stood a distance away from the other three. She could not help but wonder – had he already turned then? Had he already been plotting everything?

The tears came to her eyes all of a sudden, as they had for the past few months. Biting back her sobs she put the photograph down. She couldn’t let it distract her from what she had to do.

The room was empty; as she searched through the closets and drawers she noted how they were devoid of any belongings. He must have known she was coming for him.

She spun around, striding quickly out of the room. As she ran up the stairs, the memories seemed to weigh down on her mind, a terrible, terrible burden.

A year ago. That was when things had begun to go bad. She noticed it, of course. He’d began to come late for work all the time, and he always seemed so distracted and out of sorts, when he had always been the most focused in the past.

And then it’d happened.

Krystal had been found dead in her apartment, hanging from the ceiling. The police had ruled it a suicide, but none of them believed it. Krystal had been happy, there was no reason why she would want to commit suicide. The problem was they simply didn’t know who did it, and their own investigations led to nothing. After all, they were assassins, not detectives.

As she reached the top of the staircase, she paused briefly. Would he be here? Was her instincts right? She wasn’t sure. Slowly, she reached out, and threw the door open.

He was there. He stood at the very edge of the building, his hands in his pocket as he waited. He did not turn around, “Jiyeon. I’ve been waiting for you.”

Jiyeon took a step forward, and her hand slipped to her gun, “Baekhyun…” Her eyes flickered to the luggage at his feet, “You were thinking of running.”

Baekhyun’s voice was amused, “I killed two assassins. The bosses wouldn’t have let a traitor survive, so of course I have to run.”

Jiyeon’s hand clenched around her gun and she brought it up, pointing at his head. Her voice was angry, hurt, “It was you then. You killed them. Why?”

“I didn’t have a choice. The people who sent me to become an assassin…the orders they gave me...But I couldn't hurt you.”

“But they were your friends!” Jiyeon whispered, taking a step forward, “They were your friends and you just…Krystal…she…you hung her…and…and…”

Baekhyun turned; his face was carefully blank, “Like I said, I didn’t have a choice.”

“You stabbed him. You killed him. JB…he was your best friend, and you just…” Jiyeon’s voice trailed off, her hand trembling. Baekhyun looked down for the first time, “I never meant to hurt you, Jiyeon.”

Those words ignited Jiyeon’s fury; within two steps she was in front of him, the gun pointing right at his forehead, “What difference does it make, what you meant to do? You’re a traitor, Byun Baekhyun!”

There was a long silence. Baekhyun reached up; Jiyeon tensed as his hand closed around hers, pressing the gun harder into his head, “I know that. That’s why I waited for you. Go ahead, Jiyeon. Take revenge for them.”

Jiyeon was stunned to see the tears in his eyes, the painful whisper he spoke in. Baekhyun closed his eyes and waited for her to do it.

Jiyeon’s hand shook uncontrollably as she stared at him, the tears welling up in her eyes again.

And she dropped the gun.

Baekhyun’s eyes widened in shock, “Jiyeon…you…”

Jiyeon collapsed to the ground, the sobs ripping out of her, “I hate you. Everything…everything happened because of you. You destroyed everything. I hate you. But…I can’t…I can’t just…”

Baekhyun’s arms wrapped gently around her as she wept, pulling her close, “I love you."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, here's the next oneshot featuring Baekhyun and Jiyeon! So many of you were asking for them, so I'm sorry it took so long to come!

This one might be a little harder to understand, cos there's not much background given. Essentially Baek, Krys, JB and Jiyeon are best friends working as assassins, but Baek is actually an undercover agent and he's eventually given orders to kill his three partners, which he obeyed up to a point; he killed JB and Krystal but was unable to kill Jiyeon because he was in love with her. Jiyeon was given an order to take Baek out after he was found as the culprit, which leads to her (short) search for him, but in the end, she's unable to do it as well.

It's actually hinted that JB and Jiyeon were a couple before Baek killed JB, and his death is what hurts Jiyeon the most, but in the end she loves Baek as well, hence she's unable to make the final move to kill him. 

Baekhyun may seem cruel for killing his friends, but the truth is that he feels immensely guilty for it and he really had no choice, which is why he waits for Jiyeon to find him, because he would rather die by her hand than any others, and because it is her forgiveness that he really wants to beg for. 

So, what do you guys think? Comment on how you find it, and subscribe if you haven't yet! And shout out the couple you want me to do next!