The Start of Something New (Myungzy ft. JJCouple)

Oneshot Collection

 

Suzy stared silently across the hall, her eyes fixed upon him. She stood unmoving, biting her lips as she watched him chatting with his bandmates.

Min nudged her, “Just go and talk to her, Suzy. I’m sure Myungsoo won’t bite.”

Suzy tried to walk towards him, but her feet were rooted to the ground. She began to hyperventilate, as the Infinite members slowly made their way across the corridor.

It was Nam Woohyun who spoke first, raising a hand in greeting, “Hey, Miss A! I thought you guys did great today! Touch is absolutely awesome!”

The others smiled as they bowed and thanked him, but Suzy’s back was stiff, and her attempt to smile appeared as more of a grimace than anything else.

Myungsoo’s eyes fell upon her, but only briefly; they darted away a moment later.

And then her chance was gone, as the Infinite members went by them.

Suzy felt herself deflate, and she heaved a sigh, “He ignored me again. He’s always ignoring me…”

Min rolled her eyes, “Everyone knows that Infinite’s Myungsoo is a bit shy. You’ve got to talk to him first, instead of just staring like an idiot every time he comes close!”

Suzy just bit her lip.

Just then, JJ Project emerged from their waiting room and headed towards them. Jr was grinning, “Hey, Suzy! Why’re you looking so glum?”

Suzy forced a smile, “It’s nothing. I saw JJ Project’s performance, you guys did great today!”

Jr blushed at the praise. JB, standing beside them, nudged his maknae, “Stop looking like a lovestruck fool.” He grinned at Suzy, “Thanks. Did you hear about the upcoming drama that we’re starring in, by the way? I think it was called…what was it?”

“Dream High? Yeah, JYP told me about it. He said I’ll be acting as Go Hyemi, and you’ll be acting as Jason, right? And Jr’s acting as Samdong.” Suzy replied. JB and Jr nodded in confirmation. Suzy frowned, “Is there any news on who else is being casted?”

Before JB could respond, a pair of arms were thrown over his shoulder, as Jiyeon hugged him from behind. JB chuckled, “Hey there, you did well tonight.”

Jiyeon grinned, “So did you!” She slung an arm casually over JB, “JYPE contacted our CEO. He wants to cast me and Eunjung in his new drama. I’m acting as some girl called Kim Pilsuk, Eunjung’s taking the Yoon Baekhee role. Only the second male lead left right? What was the character’s name…Jin Guk?”

JB nodded in response, but Suzy was no longer listening, her eyes fixed on some point in the distance, her gaze wistful and longing.

They followed her gaze; JB hesitated for a moment, before pushing Jr, “Go get my wallet for me, I left it in my waiting room.”

Jr grumbled, but hurried off.

JB glanced at Suzy, “Why don’t you just go talk to him? That’s got to be better than just staring at him from a distance.”

Suzy looked down at her hands, “If he wanted to talk to me, he would.” Her eyes flickered to Myungsoo’s; there was a pause as their eyes met, but briefly, as Myungsoo’s eyes darted away almost at once.

Suzy sighed again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The director was flipping through his script when Jr, JB and Suzy entered the room. The trio bowed to him before sitting down and taking out their own scritpts. The director glanced at his watch and grumbled, “The other three are late.”

“The guy acting as Jin Guk has been cast? Jr asked. The director nodded; as he opened his mouth to speak, Eunjung and Jiyeon rushed in, their scripts in hand. Jiyeon immediately sat down beside JB, sitting close to him and leaning against him slightly, while Eunjung sat on the remaining sofa.

“So who’s acting as Jin Guk?” Suzy asked, wondering which actor she would be pairing up with.

“Infinite’s Myungsoo.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suzy gulped down the water, trying to soothe her sore throat. They’d been filming for a few months now; Dream High has received a lot of praise, and all the six main actors were becoming increasingly famous. Today was the last day of filming; after this it would end, and she would not see Kim Myungsoo with such regularity again.

She felt slightly regretful about it. In the past six months, she’d become great friends with all her co-actors. She had always been close to JB and Jr; JB was always a calming influence. He always kept his head and was a great leader, able to take the initiative at any moment. Jr was like a happy pill, just being around him made a person feel like jumping for joy.

She had become a lot closer to Jiyeon and Eunjung, too. Jiyeon, despite her y image, was a girl full of aegyo. She was always sticking around JB, just like how Pilsuk was always sticking around Jason – Suzy found it hilarious how the two of them were parallels of their characters in the show. Eunjung was a role model; she was hardworking, and always tried her best and gave good advice.

But him. The one person she wanted most to get close to. He was different. He was always so distant; he hardly ever spoke to anyone except JB and occasionally Jiyeon. Every attempt made by Suzy had been foiled; he would talk to her in one-word sentences, and then stride away at once, as if he couldn’t stand to be near her. The only explanation Suzy could come up with was that he disliked her, and the very thought of that made her heart hurt.

Just then, a hand held something out to her from behind, “Do you want a strepsil?”

Suzy jumped, choking on her water as she spun around, only to see Kim Myungsoo behind him, his eyebrow arched as he stared questioningly at her.

“Not…I…I just…no I don’t…” Suzy stammered.

Myungsoo’s expression did not change as he threw himself into the chair, “You looked unhappy during filming. You’re not happy that filming is ending?”

Suzy coughed, her face reddening, “Not really. And I…I just don’t like the way the plot is turning…turning out…”

Myungsoo folded his arms, “You mean about Hyemi ending up with Samdong? You don’t think the show should end that way?”

Suzy hesitated for a moment before answering, “I think that they don’t match well together. JB and Jiyeon’s characters, Jason and Pilsuk, they look really good together, and they’ve got a lot of chemistry. But Hyemi and Samdong…they just don’t feel right.”

“Who feels right with Hyemi, then?”

“…Jin Guk.” Suzy admitted. She stared down at her shoes, unable to bring herself to meet his sharp, piercing gaze.

There was a long silence. The side of Myungsoo’s mouth turned up in his trademark smirk, “Why does that sound like a confession?”

“I…It’s not!” Suzy protested, red flooding her cheeks. Myungsoo laughed. It was the first time Suzy heard him laugh, and she liked it; it sounded carefree and joyous. There was a pause as Myungsoo stood up, stretching. Then he spoke, his voice a little more serious than before, “I don’t really want filming to end either.”

“Why?” Suzy asked, surprised to hear him say that.”

“Because then I won’t get to meet you again.”

There was a pause as Suzy stared at Myungsoo, stunned. Then Myungsoo leaned forward, and kissed her gently on the lips.

It wasn’t much, but it was a start. 

------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm back! Sorry for the really late update, but i had a serious mental block -.-

So, this is a oneshot where the couple actually gets together! Hooray for happy endings! This oneshot was more fluff than anything else; it's just about Suzy being too shy to confess to Myungsoo, and thinking that Myungsoo dislikes her. Myungsoo actually likes Suzy as well, but he's a shy guy, which is why he avoids her. But he eventualy musters the courage to confess to her! Go Myungzy!

There was a bit of JJ Couple too; I just can't resist slipping my favourite pairing in XD. Also, please support my new story, More Than Meets the Eye, link here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/271872/more-than-meets-the-eye-jiyeon-exo-kai-luhan-jjcouple-kaistal-luyoon. Main couples are JJCouple, Kaistal and Luyoon. Please support it!

P.S: A lot of people have been requesting Baekyeon, so the next oneshot will be Baekyeon. Please anticipate it!

Remember guys, comment and subscribe!