003

The Warmth Of Your Smile. (A Sequel of DIYA) {ON HIATUS}

Chapter 3


Luhan's POV

I lay myself on the bed. I'm so exhausted. I remember the girl who confessed to me. Am I too cruel to her? It's her fault anyway. I wouldn't accept her to be my girlfriend, unless she's my Jaemi. My Kwon Jaemi. I smile reminiscencing our memories. But the smile turn into a frown when I realise, she was gone.. forever. I clench my fists and whisper to myself, "You're too weak, Lu Han. You can't even protect her." Without me realising, a tear fall down. 

A gentle knock in the door make me sit straight up. "Luhan, are you sleeping?" It's omma. "No. Why?" I said. "Could you please go downstairs? Your dad and I have something to tell you." "Okay." What is it anyway? Another advice to make me forget her? Hell no. 

I go downstairs lazily. A maid come across me and said, "Luhan, your parents are waiting for you at the living room."  I nod. 

"Come and sit here, Luhan." Omma pat a seat beside her. I sit beside her and stare at both of them. "Is there anything you want to tell me?" Omma take a glance at appa. "Neh."

Your POV

"You're getting married, honey!" Omma clasp her hands in excitement. I almost choke on my juice. "Ha-ha-ha omma. Is this a prank? A-ha! You got me!" I shove a spoonful of rice to my mouth. "No, she's not pranking you. We've made a decision to married you with someone." Appa stated. 

I drop my spoon. "What do you mean? I'm 20, now! I have plenty of times to find a husband. I need to focus on my study first!" I snap and rise up from my seat. "Seat down, Han Minyoung." Appa  almost glare at me. O-oh. I'm in a big trouble. Appa don't usually use my full name.. 

"You've to agree with this. His parents and us did this for you guys sake." Appa calmly stated. "Omma.." I plead and look at omma with sad face so omma will defend me. She shook her head. 

I almost in the verge of crying. But seriously, I don't care if omma take me for a blind date, but marrying someone I don't know? Are they crazy? I calm my ownself and said..

"I will agree.. but with one condition." I ask.

"What is it?" Omma ask.

"A date. Ask him to take me to a date so we can know each other." I calmly said. 

"Really? Okay I will call his omma now!" Omma walk away to find her phone. 

I sigh. Is this the reality my parents want? I hope their choice is the best..

Appa pat my back lovingly. "You've made a great decision, my dear. We've found you a great guy."  I smile to him and nod. I excuse myself to go for a walk. 

I take my coat and my iphone. I go out of my house and start to run away. It's not like I'm running away from home. It's just.. I usually run heartfully to take away this sadness. I shouldn't cry. I feel a wet tear slid down to my cheek. I wipe it and stop running. I am panting hard and spot a grocery store. I walk in and an ahjumma greet me. I bow and took a bottle of mineral water and pay for it.

I am drinking the mineral water while walking when I bump into someone. I quickly bow and apologise. "I'm so-so-so-sor-" "Nah, it's okay. It's just you spill your water on my cloth. "Sorry.." I mutter. I look up and saw Luhan. What is he doing here? I decide to talk to him, "Hey! Do you remember me?"

He look at me and nod. "Yeah.." Not going to talk much is it? He was fidgeting and I ask him, "Are you okay?" 

"Do you free now? I need someone.. to talk to." He beg. "Yeah.. Sure!" I nod happily.

He lead me to the nearest park and sit on the grass. I look at him weirdly. "Come.. sit here." I nod at sit beside him. Luckily, the grass is not so wet. I've never sat on the grass before. I swear it is so comfortable. 

Luhan's POV

"So.. what do you need to talk to?" My thoughts were interrupt by her soothing voice. "If I tell you, you can't tell anyone, okay?" She nod cutely. Cute. "So.." She said.

"Omma.. she arrange a marriage for me." I am expecting her to gasp but she just nod in understand. "Uh, you are not going to gasp or look shock or something? I ask. She become silence. "We're same.." I hear she mumble. "What?" 

"Omma arranged a marriage for me too.." Oh.. we're same now. "Do you who is the guy?" I ask. She look up and shake her head. "I don't know her either." 

"Let's just hope for the best." She said. I nod. I take a glance on my watch. It's nearly 11. I rise up and offer a hand for her to stand up. She shyly take my hand and stand up. "Thank you.. for listening" I said. 

She smile and said, "You're welcome. And thanks to you too." She bump her fist to my arm. I nod. "Okay.." I should get going now. Bye." She wave at me. 

I jog to my house. When I open the door, omma ask me, "Where did you go?" "I need some space.. omma." I said bluntly. She grew in silence. "So?" She ask. "I accept this marriage. But I can't promise I will love her like I love Jaemi." Omma nod. "Okay.. You have a date to go tomorrow. She said she wants to know you first. This is her number." 

I sigh and nod. I guess I'm force to do this. I have to text her.. Uh awkward. What if she's ugly? What if she is a clingy person? I hope she won't fall in love with me. I take a piece of paper omma hand to me. "I'll just text her tomorrow." 

"Just text her now." Omma state. "What?" I almost glare at her. "I'm sure she's not sleeping now." I nod. "Could you please, tell me her name?" I ask. 

"No.. It's for you to figure it out." I sigh, again. I save her number on my contact list. I named her as, 'Anon future wife'

I text her..

"Um. Hi? I'm your future husband. I have set our date tomorrow. Do you have any specific place to go?"

After a few minutes, she reply.

"Okay. Um no, You're the man. Why don't you lead?"

Uh okay. Do I have to be a gentleman to her? Oh wait, no.

"Okay. Tomorrow. At 7. I will take you for a dinner."

"Do you need the adress to my house?"

"Sure. Text me your home adress."

She sent me her home adress. I look at it and keep my phone away. I fall asleep within any seconds..