Lingot

Tteok

Dongho arrived Paran's offices. For a supposedly fledgling company, their building was very imposing. He was ushered up to the president's office and he tried to calm his jitters by singing a litany in his mind. The secretary brought him to a large oak door which she knocked on and was told to get in by a deep voice.
"Mr, Jaeseop, your ten o'clock is here"
"Send him in"
Dongho walked into a very masculine office with a lot of the furniture made of oak as well. It was intimidating. Mr. Jaeseop was sitting behind a huge desk with a half smile on his face. Obviously he had been having a pleasant conversation with the guy on the other side of his desk. Dongho bowed as both men got up to shake his hand.
"So you are Dongho" his voice was very deep and he spoke with care. He was taller than Dongho and wore his hair in a pony tail. It actually went very well with his suit. His face was far from pretty. It was more rugged and very defined. He made a strong impression. One could tell he was not someone who laughed often and was very serious. His friend on the other hand was the complete opposite.
"Dongho, this is Hoon, a good friend of mine whom you will see around here because our world's often collide"
Hoon smiled with welcome, "Yup, I am an event planner and I do look foward to seeing you around. AJ, I have to go. See you later?
"Ofcourse" After Hoon had closed the door, Jaeseop indicated Dongho should sit. He was beyond nervous but he did very well on his interview and welcomed as the new member of Paran. Dongho could not wait to tell Kevin. After his orientation and a programmed schedule, Dongho was taken to lunch by his new colleagues. They liked him. He was humble, efficient and always willing to  help, even outside the scope of his duties. Plus he was very easy on the eyes.
"You think he will make it?" Hoon asked as he and Jaeseop watched Dongho leave with the others. They were infront of the 4th floor window watching the newbie hold this crafty woman's purse as she hung on his arm
"Yes he will" Jaeseop answered. "He is eager and hard working. A little too naive for my taste but yeah, I know he will make it. I am more worried about those predatory women devouring him than his performance on the job"
At that Hoon chuckled, "Come let me show you what I have planned for your dinner" They resumed work.
      That evening, Dongho was on air. He could not stop talking about Paran and Kevin indulged him as he went on and on about it. He smiled because he was so proud of him
"And Mr. Jaeseop is so intimidating but his friend Mr. Hoon is more easy going. And the people are so friendly there"
Kevin kept smiling. Dongho did not realise he was the one who brought out good in people. His parents were so proud of him and his mom promised to send him a care package, when they told her the good news during their phone call. She reminded Kevin to watch over her baby and that he, Kevin, should eat more. She mothered and smothered him. Kevin loved it. He was rather eager to see how Dongho will fare in the big city. He had a feeling Dongho will embrace anything he faced with his usual sunny sweet self.