Echange

Tteok

Jaeseop did not waste time and went straight to Kiseop's rooms. He found him sitting on the bed twisting his hands. He came and knelt at his feet. He took Kiseop's hands in his. "I am sorry cousin. I did not know"
"It is alright. It was over between us a long time ago and obviously he makes you very happy" Kiseop said as he bent to cup Jaeseop's face.
      But Jaeseop was hiding his fury. Tonight Kevin's actions had proved what a selfish, inconsiderate, person he was. All Kiseop had gone through came back and it filled Jaeseop with rage knowing he had been busy screwing the source of Kiseop's pain over and over again and with immense pleasure.
"Go to sleep Kiseop, you must be exhausted". He helped his cousin to bed and tucked him in playfully. Then he went to his own rooms. He had a lot to think about.
      Dongho went about his business at work without letting his boss know he knew the turmoil going on in his personal life. Hoon had called for lunch but Jaeseop had begged off. He ran Dongho hard the next couple of days. Meanwhile, Kevin was a bear to live with. Short tempered and acerbic as well. They were both breaking Dongho's balls.
"You can tell them if you want to" Kiseop told Dongho when he complained to him what was going on.
"Naw. I love my job too much Kiseop. But you need to have it out with Kevin. It is not doing you any good keeping all this  in"
"I know, I know" he said as he drank his coffee. They spent the rest of the day in companionable silence until Dongho had to go home.
Jaeseop had been calling Kevin but he won't pick up and that raised his ire. Where does he get off being angry? He had never gone to Kevin's condo to avoid rumours but now he was seriously considering it. He was at a red light when he saw Kevin go into a restaurant. He quickly pulled over and went in after parking. Kevin was at a table with a pretty girl. It looked like TARA's Hwayoung. He walked over and said, "I need to talk to you" after greeting her politely. She gave him a sweet smile as she bowed to him in return. But Kevin just kept sitting and sipping his drink. Eventually Jaeseop surprised Hwayoung by grabbing Kevin's arm and dragging him outside.
Once outside, Kevin snatched is arm away, "You may enjoy looking foolish publicly, but I don't"
"I told you I don't like being ignored. Get in" Kevin just kept glaring at him so Jaeseop opened the car door expectantly. After a while, Kevin finally got in. Jaeseop drove them to a quiet and secluded spot. They simply sat in the car for a while until Kevin snapped. "I don't know about your day, but I have things to do"
"You really are a piece of work aren't you?"
"How so?"
"Did you ever look for Kiseop when he left?"
"Why would I?"
"Maybe because you were together until you dumped him like yesterday's garbage. I know stars are ego centric but you really take the cake Kevin".
At that Kevin turned to face him looking Jaeseop dead in the eye, "Honestly, Jaeseop what business is it of yours? And I thought you did not want to know about any of my exes"
"But this is different. This is my cousin, Kevin. You did not only break his heart. You crushed him. Do you know what he went through?"
Kevin only shrugged and that riled Jaeseop more. He grabbed Kevin's shoulders, "I want you to apologise to him"
Kevin looked up incredulous, "You must be joking"
"No I am not. I know you are the love'em and leave'em type, but you will not treat my cousin that way"
Kevin burst out laughing.