Chapter 8

Enemies? or Lovers?
 

 


 

“May I?” Jaejoong asked and flashed a smile.

 

Dara’s eyes widened behind her sunglasses and looked at the girls who are already inside the elevator. The girls just stared at her innocently.

 

She was mentally cursing the three girls who were pretending to be whistling and looking at everywhere else except at her. She took off her sunglasses and slowly turned back to Jaejoong. “Oh! Hi, Jae. No, thanks. I think I can manage,” she sweetly refused. She was about to step into the elevator when Jaejoong tightened his grip on her luggage.

 

“No, Dara. I insist,” he said and looked at her with sincerity in his eyes.

 

Seeing it, Dara softened and put on her sunglasses again to hide her expression. “Ok, Mr. Gentleman,” she said, clearing . She let go of her luggage and went inside the elevator.

 

Jaejoong bit his lower lip to suppress his smile and turned towards the four guys behind him, wiggling his eyebrows. All the four of them gave him thumbs up and eventually joined the girls in the elevator.  Jae pressed a button and the elevator went up to fifth floor.

 

Jaejoong and Dara stood in front of the others, with Jaejoong on her right. The people behind them engaged themselves in conversations and would eventually laugh at some jokes thrown by each of them. They were enjoying each other’s company while Dara and Jaejoong remained silent. But Jaejoong occasionally glances at her and trying to engage her in a conversation. But Dara won’t even glance back at him.

 

“So, how are you, Dara?” Jae asked, inching closer beside her.

 

“I’m fine, and you?”

 

“I’m ok. But now that you’re here with me again, I’m more than alright,” Jaejoong said and flashed a flirty smile at her.

 

Dara had a hard time faighting the urge to look at him. And thank God that she’s wearing her sunglasses for he won’t be able to see her checking him out at the corner of her eyes. It’s just about time she realized that Jaejoong was already in his trunks, slippers and white sando that hugs to his body. The sando emphasized Jaejoong’s well-built chest and the slimness of his waist. Dara gulped, remembering their sweet escapades, and willed her eyes away from him. The elevator beeped and they went out.

 

Dara was about to follow the rest of the 2ne1 girls to the rooms when Bom suddenly stopped her. “Ooops! Where are you going, Ssantokki? Your room’s not this way.”

 

“Huh? I thought you checked in to two rooms?” she asked and looked at each of them.

 

The truth is, they didn’t check into just two rooms. Each of them checked in to their own rooms and did not check in for Dara’s.

 

Bom ignored Dara and looked at Jaejoong. “You be sure to take care of her. You don’t know who you’ll be messing with if something bad happens to her,” she threatened him and smilingly turned back to Dara. “Go on, Ssantoki. Your room’s on the other side,” she continued and pushed Dara towards Jaejoong.

 

“Well, she’s all yours, oppa,” Minzy said and bowed.

 

“Take care of her, oppa,” CL followed and the three of them went towards their room with the other guys tagging along.

 

“So, let’s go?” Jaejoong said as he turned Dara to face him. He took off her sunglasses and stared at her. “I’ll be sure to take care of you, Dara.”

 

Dara didn’t know what to say. She averted her eyes and grabbed her glasses from Jaejoong’s hands. “Lead the way, Jae,” she said and let Jaejoong went ahead of her. ‘Damn! I swear I’m going to fry those b*tc**s!’

 

Jaejoong got his keys and opened the door to their room. He immediately went towards the closet to place Dara’s things. As Dara entered the room, her frustration just shoot up when she saw the room overviewing the ocean and a one and only king-sized bed in front of her. Tears were about to escape from her eyes as a flash of her past suddenly replayed in her mind.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Kyaaaaahhhh!!!!” she squealed upon entering Siwon’s hotel room. She went towards the window and marveled at the view before her. It’s already night in Seoul and his room has the perfect spot to see the city’s beautiful view.

 

Siwon just shook his head and let her hopped onto his bed. “Yah! Why are you here? Your father will fry me if he knew that you’re here in my room this time of the night,” he said to her as he grabbed his phone from the side table and secured it in his pants’ pocket.

 

She stuck her tongue out at him. “Dad knows it already, oppa. Duh? What’s the use of owning this huge hotel? I bet that bellboy I met outside of your room already informed him that I’m in here,” she said matter-of-factly. Siwon thought for a minute and bit his lower lip.

 

“Ok, princess. What exactly are you doing here?” he asked again and sat on the other side of the bed.

 

Dara smiled upon hearing him calling her princess. She loved the sound of it coming from him. “No reason, oppa. I just wanted to check you. Aren’t you tired?” she answered and looked at him with pure concern in her eyes. Choi Siwon is her father’s right hand. He handles everything even those very confidential matters that her father won’t have the time to deal with.

 

Siwon pinched his nose and rest his back on the bed. He then covered his eyes with his arm. “Ah… Yeah! Your father has been giving me a lot of work lately,” he said, pretending to sound so tired.

 

“Don’t worry, oppa! I will definitely take your tiredness away!” she exclaimed and climbed closer to him, her face just above his.

 

Siwon smiled. He uncovered his eyes and stared at the two expressive brown eyes staring back at him. His face softened and held her head between his hands. He can’t help but peck her on the lips.

 

Dara got startled and immediately stood up. She then hurriedly walked towards the door. “Er.. Ahm.. I need to go, oppa. It’s already late,” she said and went out with a face as red as a tomato.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

Dara closed her eyes to stop her tears. She calmed herself first before speaking. “What the?! Only one bed?” she pretends to complain.

 

“Er… this is the only room available when we checked in,” Jaejoong responded, scratching the back of his head. 

 

He’s lying and Dara knows it. She was still standing in front of the door. She folded her arms and smiled at him seductively. “Oh, really?”

 

Jae smiled. It was obvious that he’s lying and he knows that Dara figured it out already. He walked towards her while looking at her from head to toe. He planned to press her against the wall and trap her head in between his hands. But as he stopped in front of her, it went the other way around.

 

Dara pushed Jaejoong against the door and leaned her body against his. She seductively stared at him, wrapped her left arm around his neck and outlined his jaw with her right index finger while Jaejoong’s hands find its way on the sides of her waist.

 

He was about to kiss her when Dara suddenly pulled him with her and opened the door. He pushed Jae outside. “Laters, Jae,” she winked before finally closing the door and locked it.

 

She leaned against the door and when she finally heard him walked away, she dropped her body on the bed as tears escaped from her eyes.


 


 

It was already late in the afternoon and Dara still didn’t go out to the beach to join them.

 

“Damn!” Jaejoong grumbled while walking along the shore with Junsu.

 

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Junsu asked, a coconut with a beach umbrella and straw on his hand.

 

Jaejoong stopped and looked at the scene in front of him. Yunho was on the beach, splashing water with Bom. Yoochun was applying sunscreen on CL’s back, her bikini top untied while Changmin was with Minzy playing some beach volleyball. Jaejoong became more frustrated. Just when did those guys got close to them? “Argh! Are you sure that this is going to work, Su?”

 

Junsu took his time sipping from his coconut before answering him. “Hmmm… Maybe.”

 

“What do you mean maybe?”

 

“Well, ahm… Most girls would fall for the things we told you to do, hyung,” he said and took a sip from his coconut again. "Oh! Look who’s coming, hyung,” Junsu whispered.

 

Jaejoong turned and his jaw almost dropped at the sight of Dara coming where CL and Yoochun were. Dara was walking in a criss-cross motion towards them, wearing a black two-piece bikini with a white see through that failed to hide her petite but y body and dark sunglasses which hid her eyes. Jaejoong gulped and Junsu tapped his shoulder.

 

“We already prepared everything, hyung! Go and get her!” Junsu whispered and saluted before joining Minzy and Changmin.

 

“Oh, hi, unnie! Where have you gone to?” CL greeted as Dara approached her. She sat up while holding on to her untied top.

 

“Hmmm… just somewhere…” Dara replied and sat beside CL.

 

They were still talking with each other, with her arms folded over her chest when Jaejoong walked towards her. “Hi, Dara,” he greeted.

 

“Hi, Jae,” she greeted back without even glancing at him and turned her attention back to CL. ‘What the?! Why is she treating me so cold suddenly?’

 

Yoochun chuckled and cleared his throat when Jaejoong glared at him.

 

“So, er… Would you like to go somewhere else?” Jae asked, trying to get Dara’s attention.

 

“No, Jae. I’m fine here,” Dara replied, still not glancing at him. Yoochun now bit his lip to hide his smile. He’s definitely having a good time seeing Jaejoong try so hard to get her attention.

 

“Dara…” Jae spoke again. This time, CL also glanced at him and signaled Dara to just go with him. Dara just raised her eyebrow at her.

 

“Jae, I’m tired. I just want to stay here and---. Yah! What are you doing, Jae?”

 

Dara wasn’t able to finish what she wanted to say earlier for Jaejoong grabbed her small body and lifted her up on his shoulder like some sack of potato.

 

“Yah! Put me down, Jae!” Dara cried out.

 

But Jaejoong wrapped her waist and secured her more on his shoulder. “You’re coming with me whether you like it or not,” he said and started to walk away.

 

CL turned to Yoochun. “Yah! Where is he taking her?”

 

“No worries! She’s in good hands,” Yoochun said. CL just sighed and let Yoochun apply some sunscreen on her again. Yoochun’s smile faded and felt disappointed. ‘Argh! I still wanted to see Jaejoong hyung try harder.’

 

It was easy for Dara to set herself free from her current state. She only needs to lift herself up a little and twist Jaejoong’s neck. But that’ll cause his death and she doesn’t find the idea of losing him as attractive. She’s also curious about what Jaejoong’s up to. So, she just let him carry her to wherever he wants to take her.

 

Bom’s eyes widened upon seeing Jaejoong walked before them, with Dara on his shoulders. “Yah! What do you think you’re doing?” she was about to approach him when Yunho gripped her wrist.

 

“It’s ok, Bom. He’s just making a move on her,” he said.

 

“Oh? Is that so? Ok!” she instantly agreed and went further into the water.

 

“Hey, Bom. Second date?” Yunho hopefully asked.

 

Bom turned to him and smirked. “Only if you win against me,” she declared and pointed at a giant stone 20 meters away from where they were standing. “The first one to get there wins,” she said again and went to swim right away.

 

“Yah! Not fair!” Yunho shouted and immediately followed her.

 

Minzy’s eyebrows creased upon witnessing what Jaejoong just did. She turned to ask the two DBSK guys she’s currently playing with. “Oppa! Where will Jae oppa take Dara unnie?”

 

“Don’t worry, Minzy,” Junsu assured her.

 

“Yeah! Jae hyung will definitely take care of her,” Changmin followed and the two just cheered on him.

 

“You go, hyung!” Jaejoong just waved at them and went back to their hotel room with the dangling Dara on his shoulder.

 

 


 

Jaejoong opened the door of their room and put Dara down. He covered her eyes and turned her towards the door. Dara stiffened. She suddenly felt that something wrong is going to happen. But Jaejoong didn’t notice her anxiousness.

 

“Do you really need to cover my eyes, Jae?” Dara said in a bored voice to hide her restlessness. She folded her arms in front of her and tapped her right foot.

 

“Yep!” Jaejoong replied excitedly and guided her inside.

 

After a few steps, Jaejoong stopped and slowly uncovered Dara’s eyes. Her eyes widened upon seeing the sight in front of her. Red rose petals were scattered all over the floor with some of them on the bed formed in a big heart. The curtains were pulled back to let the sunset view be seen while a table for two with a bottle of champagne was at the foot of the bed. Everything was so romantic. It was every girl’s dream.

 

But not Dara’s. Instead of feeling happy, nostalgia hit her so hard that a lump in formed.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

Siwon covered Dara’s eyes with a handkerchief and led her inside his room.

 

“Oppa! What are you doing? Where are you taking me?” Dara asked, her hands stilled on her sides.

 

“Sssshhh…”

 

“Oppa!” Dara said again and stomped her feet. Siwon just smiled at her reaction and stopped after a few steps. He then took off the handkerchief and Dara was left awed with what she’s seeing.

 

“Oh My God!” Dara gasped and her eyes sparkled. A mixture of pink and red rose petals and balloons covered the floor. Champagne was already poured into two wineglasses on the table. The curtains were pulled back, overseeing Seoul’s beautiful city lights. And as her eyes went towards the bed, she saw red rose petals formed the words: “I LOVE YOU”.

 

Dara turned back to Siwon with eyes wet with tears of joy. “Oppa? What’s this?” she asked, her voice shaking. Never did she expect that Siwon would actually do something like this for her.

 

Siwon knelt down before her and held her right hand. “Sandara Park, will you be my girl?” he asked with loving eyes.

 

Dara’s eyes became more misty and nodded at enthusiastically. “Yes, oppa!” she exclaimed and hugged him. She has been waiting for this moment ever since she met him.

 

Siwon smiled. “But wait, princess. Don’t tell your father about this. Ok?”

 

She pulled back and looked at him, confused. “Huh? Why, oppa?”

 

“Let me tell it to him first,” Siwon replied and hugged her tightly.

 

Dara thought for a minute before replying. “Ok, oppa. I’ll leave it all to you.”

 

“Thanks!” Siwon smiled and hugged her tightly.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Dara’s tears finally escaped from her eyes. She lowered her head and began to sniff.

 

Jaejoong heard it and his eyebrows creased. He grabbed Dara’s shoulder and turned her towards him. “Dara? Dara, why are you crying?” Jaejoong asked, shaking her.

 

But Dara didn’t respond. She just wiggled free from his grip and ran outside of the room. Jae ran after her.

 

‘Damn! Why does he make me remember my past with that sh*t a**shole bastard, Choi Siwon?!’

 


 

Aigoo..

 You might find this chapter boring...

 

Bear with me, please.. ^_^

 

 

COMMENTS, PLEASE...

 

THANKS!!

 

 

^____^

 

<3

 

@mjjeje_theians and laar_b - here's the update...LOLZ.. sorry if it's late.. =)