Chap 6

Make Me Over

Kiara's Pov

 
I saw a white light and smiled. It was my time to go, I'd miss everyone here, but I'd be happier there. I started walking to the light until I heard a voice. "Kiara Estella Vick. Don't you dare walk into this light. It isn't you're time child." I blinked and gasped. "Gran? Is th-that you?" I asked the light. "Well, duh child. Who else would be talking to you? Usher?" She replied. I giggled and shook my head no. She came closer and I could make out her features. "Baby, you can't come here." She said as she took my hands. I held back tears. "Why? Am I going to Hell?! I swear me and Jamie weren't doing what you guys thought we were. I was just t his happy trail. We kept it very PG." I said babbling. She gave me a 'TMI' look and shook her head. "No, although no one was watching when that took place. We don't invade privacy girl. You can't come because you're meant to be here with your loved ones." She said smiling. I nodded and took a deep breath. "Stop trying to come here. Do you know how many times your little 'dropped' calls came in? 10 times. If the big man upstairs wasn't watching me, I'd curse you out for running up my 'phone' bill. I want you to graduate high school, go to college, get married, have kids, whatever. Live your life. Happy birthday baby." She said fading away. I held myself and started crying. "Oh, and tell your Daddy to stop messing up my recipe! Add whole milk not skim. If I see him try and healthy up another one of my recipes, I'll come and kick his myself you hear? Hug Jamie for me. Lawd knows I love that little boy and his sister. Tell Papa it's under the vase. He'll understand what I mean." She said before finally leaving. I slowly began to wake up and open my eyes. I could hear monitors beeping and a nurse was hovering over me. She looked exactly like how my Gran did when she was younger. "Hey sleepy head. We didn't think we were gonna see those big brown eyes again. Bout time child. I'll call the doctor in here." She said and pushed a button. I felt tubes all around me and sighed. The doctors came in and ran a few tests. After they gave me a drink I began to feel better. I could talk a little bit but it still kind of hurt. They told me that I was in a coma for 2 weeks and explained to me everything that had happened and what was going to happen. I nodded and asked to see my parents. "Baby! Omg. You're up! Thank you lord!" Daddy said jumping up and down. Papa started crying and held my hand gently. Too afraid to touch me as if I would break. "I saw Gran. She said to stop using skim milk when you should be using whole milk in her recipes or she'll come and kick your Daddy, Papa, she said to look under the vase. You'll know what she means." I said in a low voice. They stared at me for a long while and busted out laughing. "Your Gran was a trip." Papa said smiling. They stayed with me for a while before letting other people come see me. Damien and Alex came in first. They were scared that I was angry with them. I shook my head and smiled. "I hope neither one of you ever decide to drink and drive ever again." I said sternly. They both nodded. Even though it wasn't them who caused the accident, they both felt fully responsible. Jess and Jasmine came in next and told me about how things were going and how much they were glad that I was up. The Choi's came in and babied me. "I thought I lost my daughter in law." Mama C said fixing my hair. "You gave us a scare there girl! Jamie and Jasmine have been a wreck since the accident. I don't think Jamie has left your side once until today." Mr. Choi said rubbing my hands. I looked at the door and saw Jamie standing there with a shocked expression. "Ki-Kiara?"
 
Jamie's Pov
 
It had been 2 weeks since the accident and Kiara still hadn't woken up. I stayed with her all day and night. I held her hand and talked about the past. I knew she couldn't hear me but I hoped that the sound of my voice would help soothe her. She flat lined a few times while I was in the room and it scared me. It felt as if I had failed her as a friend. Every time visiting hours were over, I went and stayed in her room. I felt closer to her. I looked at her wall of us every night. I saw pictures of us in diapers to now. I smiled and shed a tear. I walked into the hospital room and took in her small figure in the ugly room. I sat beside her bed and took her hand in mine. I felt like I needed to confess how I felt about her. "Kiara. I know you can't hear me, but I need you here. You're all I have Ki. Remember when you said we were gonna get married and all that other stuff. We can't do that if you're like this. Please. Wake up. I love you. I don't know when it happened but I'm in love with you. I always thought I loved Jess, but it was you. I love you KEV." I said with a small smile. "I need to check her vitals. How about you go get something to drink baby." A nurse said walking into the room. I blinked a few times and laughed. "What's so funny boy?" She asked and put her hand on her hips. I out my hands up in defense. "Nothing. You just remind me of a younger version of her Gran." I said leaving the room. I came back to see everyone smiling and  talking. "What's going on?" I asked as I got closer. "Jamie! Kiara is awake!" Janine said running into my arms. I dropped my cup and hugged her back. "She is?! Can I see her?" I asked looking around the room. Her dads nodded and I ran back towards her room. I saw my parents were already in there. "I almost lost my daughter in law!" My mom said messing with her hair. "You gave us a scare there girl! Jamie and Jasmine have been a wreck since the accident. I don't think Jamie has left your side once until today."My dad said smiling. Kiara looked over at me and stared. "Ki-Kiara?" I asked as I walked into the room. My parents walked out of the room and closed the door. I slowly walked over to her, not sure if I was the person she wanted to see. "I'm glad you're ok." I said looking down. I heard the bed rustle as she tried to stand up. I rushed over to her and gently pushed her back onto the bed. "What are you trying to do?! I just got you back!" I yelled. She looked at me and smiled. "I missed you Choi." She said pulling me into a hug. "Hug me back or die boy." She said into my chest. I laughed and hugged her with tears in my eyes. "You're really ok?" I asked as I sat down beside her. She laid her head on my chest as I wrapped my arms around her. "I'm really ok James. I saw my Gran and she told me to give you a hug. I missed hugging you J." She said in a small voice. I lifted her head towards me and gave her a long kiss. It was the best kiss I ever had. I felt sparks and tingles. I slowly pulled away and saw that she had a dazed look in her eyes. "I missed you too KEV." I said laughing. "Way to ruin a moment Choi." She said giving me a slight push. "I love you Kiara." I said seriously and looked into her eyes. "I love you too J." She said biting her lips. "So...you're mine right? We're together now..right?" I asked her smiling hard. She pretended to think for a minuet. "Uh, I guess so." She said shrugging. I squinted my eyes and looked at her hard. "What do you mean you guess so?" I asked her. She busted out laughing and laid down, pulling me beside her. "I'm yours Jamie." She said giving me a kiss and snuggling closer to me. I smiled and closed my eyes hugging her close to my body. I heard a camera flash and giggling. "Ew. I knew you wanted her." I heard Jasmine say. I rolled my eyes and buried my nose in Kiara's hair.