Chap 4

Make Me Over

*I realized that I never had pictures for Jasmine and Jessica. Oops*

Jasmine

Jess/Jessica

Jasmine's Pov

I noticed that Kiara has been acting a little strangely lately. She hasn't been to the house in almost a month. Which never happens, I mean the girl has been at our house every day since I could remember. I decided to have Jamie drop me off at her house and leave. "I want to see her too! She's been avoiding me. No texts or calls or anything." He whined. "Ew, stop. She'll come around soon. Chill. Aunt Flow might be in town." I suggested. He shook his head. "Nope. She always calls me to come over and snuggle with her because it helps her cramps." I looked at him weirdly before getting out of the car. I knocked on the door and one of Kiara's dad's came to the door. "Wassup Jazzy? Jamie's not coming in?" He asked and watched Jamie look out the window sadly before pulling off. I shook my head and walked inside. Kiara's other dad came out of the kitchen smiling. "Oh Jasmine! It's so good to see you! Kiara is in her room. I'll fix you both something to eat!" He said excitedly and ran back into the kitchen. I walked into Kiara's room and saw her doing a headstand. I jumped on her bed and waited for her to acknowledge me. "Hey Jazz." She said getting up. "Hey. What's up? You've been ghost lately." I said smiling. She hesitated for a second and answered me. "Nothing is up fool. Damien asked me to go to Jess' party with him." She said smirking. I sat up and clapped. "Finally! He's been trying to get with you forever. So, I see that "Plan Get Jamie and Jess" together is working." I said laughing. Her smiled dropped slightly. "Yeah, I guess so. Uh, you want these shoes? My Papa brought them from Milan and I don't really like the color. It'll go great with the outfit you're wearing this weekend." She said walking in her closet. She came out and handed me a box. I looked inside and my heart stopped. These were the best looking shoes I've seen in a long times. "Kiara. You cannot give these magical things away!" I screamed. She gave me a look before reply. "Yes I can, and it's not like I'm giving it away to any ole body. I'm giving them to you. I'm glad we wear the same size shoe." She said laughing. Her phone began ringing and she ignored the call. "Who was that?" I asked her. "Alex. He doesn't understand what breaking up means." She replied. I nodded. I stayed over her house for a while and Jamie texted me saying he was outside. "Jamie's here." I said as I picked up my stuff. She shrugged and walked me to the door. Jamie was standing outside near his car and a few of Kiara's neighbor's had came over to talk to him. I scoffed and looked back at Kiara. "Can you believe this? Just last week he was my geeky older brother with one friend and now he's popular and has girls at his every beck and call." She nodded and looked at him for a second and looked back at me. "I'll see you later Jazz." She said before quickly shutting the door. I turned back towards Jamie and saw him getting a few of the girls numbers. I got in the car when he was done and looked out the window. The car ride was silent for a while until Jamie spoke up. "How is she?" He asked quietly. "She's fine I guess. She's not going to the party with us anymore. She has a date with Damien." I said looking at him. I felt the car swerve a little before going back straight. "Damien huh?" He asked softly. "What's going on between you two? Did you get into a fight or something? I need you to fix it because the Choi household is a strange place right now with out her there." I said glaring at him. "I haven't seen her around. I never see her at school anymore. I miss her." He said truthfully. "Call her. I'm sure she misses you too Babo." I said getting out of the car. I saw him pull out his phone and call someone. I smiled a little and walked into the house.
 
Jamie's Pov
 
"Hello? Kiara? Can we hang out for a few? Please? I miss seeing you." I said as I pulled back out of the driveway and began driving back to her house. "Uh, sure." She replied hesitantly. "I'll be there in a few." I said smiling. "Ok" She said and hung up. I spotted her sitting on her porch and parked. "What's up?" I asked her as I sat beside her. "Nothing. Is there a reason you're here Choi?" She asked looking at the sky. "I just wanted to see my best friend. Is that a crime? I haven't seen you around in a while." I said bumping her with my shoulder. She shrugged and continued looking at the sky. "So you and Damien huh? Never thought you'd date him. I guess he got smart and realized the great catch you were. Why didn't you ever tell me that it was him? I told you about Jess" I said looking up at the sky too. She looked at me and laughed. "It's not him Jamie. I gave up with the other guy. He doesn't have time for me anymore." I frowned and looked at her. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Nothing. So I guess Jasmine told you that I wasn't going with you guys?" She said playing with her hands. I grabbed them and laced our fingers together. She tried to pull away but I held on tighter. "What are you doing? Stop pulling. We always do this." I said annoyed. "Yeah, before you had a girlfriend and we were best friends. It's just stupid now." She said as she finally pulled free. "What do you mean 'were' best friends? Kiara. Look at me." I said as I turned her face towards me. "Why did you start ignoring me?" She asked sadly. "What? I haven't ignored you. I just haven't seen you in a while. Every time I turn around, you're missing." I said confused. She shook her head and moved my hand from her face. "I've been there J. I'm always there. You just walk pass me. This is the first time we've spoken in almost a month. I'll see you tomorrow at the party. Um. Don't wear that White Tiger outfit. Just go with the Super Junior look we talked about." She said as she slowly stood up and walked to the door. "Wait, so that's it? We're just not friends anymore? Come on Ki. I know I've been acting strange these past few weeks, and I'm sorry, but really? You've been there for me since we were 6. You're just gonna end this?" I asked her loudly as I stood up. "We're not breaking up Jamie. We're just not as close as we once were. People grow apart. I think it's time for us to go our separate ways." She said as she walked in the house. I stood outside in shock until the porch light went out. I grunted and got back in my car. "I don't ignore her. She just hasn't been around. I haven't seen her anywhere. I don't know what she's talking about." I said out loud as I pulled into my driveway. I slammed my car door and slowly walked to my room. "Hey, where's Kiara? I miss her being here and cooking with me." My mom asked me when she saw me walking down the hall. "She's at home. She said that we needed a break from each other." I mumbled. "Don't worry, this'll pass soon. You know how you two are. You'd rather eat dirt than be apart." She said patting me on my back. I nodded and walked into my room and went to bed.