Chap 2

Make Me Over

 

Jamie's Pov
 
I woke up to text from Kiara saying that Alex was taking her  to school. I took my shower and got dressed and headed downstairs. "You're still here? I thought for sure that you'd be with Kiara or she'd be here by now." My dad said walking out of the kitchen. "Her boyfriend is picking her up." I said sitting down and grabbing an apple. "Ah, Alex Goldstein right? Pretty good kid. His football stats are amazing." He said looking at the sky. "Uh huh. JASMINE! COME ON IF YOU WANT A RIDE!" I yelled. "Coming!" She replied and ran into the kitchen. She grabbed my apple and took a bite. I rolled my eyes and got up. "See you later dad." We both said and got into the car. "Wait, where's Ki?" Jasmine said as I put our stuff into the backseat. "She's with Alex. I'm sure she'll be over later." I pulled out of the driveway and drove to school. "You know I know you hate Alex right?" Jasmine said looking at me. "It's not a secret. I've never tried to hide it. I hate anyone Kiara dates." I replied. I found a parking spot near a tree and got out. "I'll see you later. Text me and I'll come back to get you ok?" I told Jasmine as she began walking into the school. She tossed me a wave and met up with her friends. I sat on the hood of my car for a while and stared at a spot on the ground. "Hey J!" I heard a voice call from behind me. I felt small arms hug me from the side. I pulled my hands out of my pockets and hugged her back. "Hey Ki. How was that concert last night?" I asked her as she let go and sat on the hood close to me. "It . It was a DRAKE concert. Guess who else was there J? 2 Chainz! I should've just stayed and hung out at your house." She said laying her head on my shoulder. "Oh! Jessica was there and she asked about you." I looked down at her and waited for her to continue. "She was asking where you were and blah blah. Nothing really. Come on. The bell just rung. You know how Mrs. Johns is if we're even a second late." She said hopping off the car and waiting for me. My first class was the only class I had with Jessica, Kiara on the other hand had her in almost every class besides her last one. We walked into the classroom and took our seats. Jessica and Kiara were seated in the front while I was in the back. As class began, I tuned the teacher out and doodled in my notebook. I tried to sneak a look at Jessica and saw her already looking my way. She gave me a little wave and turned back around. Jessica Nunez just waved at me? I smiled to myself feeling accomplished. I didn't realize that class ended until I glanced up and saw both Kiara and Jessica weren't in their chairs. I looked round and saw them by the door. I quickly packed my stuff up and walked over to the door. "So, are you coming to my party Jamie? I'd love for you to come." Jessica said turning to me and smiling. Instead of answering her, I just stood there like a complete idiot and gaped. "Yes, he'll be there. I'll talk to you in class." Kiara said picking my jaw off the ground. I nodded as Jessica waved and walked into the hallway. "You are such a baby. I know how I can help you get her. The attraction is there, It's just that she doesn't want to be seen with someone who dresses like they play World of Warcraft all day." Kiara said as we walked to her next class. "I like the way you dress though. It's cute. Anyway, we'll go to the mall today and "fix" you up. I need to talk to Jazz." She continued. I nodded not really paying attention to what she was saying. We finally got to her classroom and I walked away without telling her bye. It slipped my mind as I thought about Jess actually telling Kiara that she liked me. The rest of school went by rather quickly. I walked to Kiara's last class and waited for her to come out. ". You didn't even say bye earlier." She said as soon as she saw me. "Sorry. I was thinking about what you said." I replied looking down. "Uh huh. Let's go before I change my mind. We need to get you some new threads and a haircut. I love the long look but she doesn't. Add a little color, some layers, something different. Contacts. You have great teeth, so no need to fix that. Trim that happy trail because it's more like a depressing forest. Jazz can do your hair. You're gonna look good baby!" She said as we got in the car. I smiled and pulled out of the parking lot and drove to the mall. We shopped for a few hours until I got a text from Jasmine telling me she was ready. Kiara and I got back into the car and drove back to school. Kiara told Jasmine her plan to ungeek me. Of course Jasmine was on board. "We'll began next week since we have a lot to do. We have to turn him from weird to hipster weird." Jasmine said getting out of the car. They quizzed me on what I should say and what I should avoid while talking to Jess. I wasn't sure I could take a week of this. "Do I really want to do this? I mean, I've been in love with the same girl since I was 6. This is my only shot. What if I mess up and she laughs at me?" I asked Kiara as we laid on my bed. I was feeling overwhelmed by the whole situation and we had barley started. "There's no way you can mess up. If she doesn't like the real you, then forget her, but since you wanted to change your entire being just to please her, then you've gotta build up some confidence baby. If it doesn't work out, you know you'll always have me J." She said playing with my fingers. She always knew how to comfort me. I soon relaxed and fell asleep with her still playing with my fingers.
 
Kiara's Pov
 
My phone vibrated and I dropped Jamie's hands. I look and saw it was a new message from Alex. "Where are you?" the message read. "With Jamie. What's up? :)" I sent back. "You're with Jamie? So what I hear is true?" He sent back. 'What is he talking about' I thought to myself. "What's true Alex?" I sent back to him. I waited 5 minutes before he replied. "You and Jamie. You're sneaking off with each other? I thought we had a good thing Kiara, but I hear from the whole school that you two are hooking up and going on dates." The message said. I sat up quickly which caused Jamie to wake up. "What's wrong?" He asked me as he took in my confused face. I shook my head and texted Alex back. "You're believing what other people are telling you? We're just friends. I'm tired of having to tell you this over and over again Alex." I sent back. "Guys and girls can't just be friends. It's not possible. They end up sleeping together. " He sent. "So, what you're telling me is that you've slept with all of your female friends?" I sent. I waited for a whole 10 minutes and he still didn't rely. "Ki? What's wrong?" Jamie asked shaking me. I looked at him and just stared. I couldn't understand why everyone always thought we were together and Alex basically just told me that he's slept with all of his female friends. "Can you just take me home. Please?" I asked him. I didn't wait for a reply. I got up and walked out of the room. Jamie had just dropped me off and I was feeling a little sad about today. "Daddy, can I ask you something?" I said as I walked into his room. I saw Papa sitting on the bed reading a book. I screamed and jumped on him. "I've missed you so much Papa!" He dropped the book and gave me a hug. "I've missed you too princess. Now what did you want to ask your dad?" He said smiling. I sighed and told him how I felt about Jamie, Alex, and the Jessica thing. "It seems like you've finally realized that you love Jamie dear." He said. I looked at him for a long second before laughing. "Papa, it's not a secret that I love Jamie. I say it all the time. He's my best friend silly." I said still laughing. He shook his head. "No, baby. You're in love with Jamie. It's kinda obvious. That's why you don't want him and Jessica to get together. You've basically told me that you and Alex aren't seeing eye to eye. If it's Jamie that you want, then you gotta go for it." He said. I nodded my head and went into my room. 'I couldn't be in love with my best friend could I?' I thought as I laid on my bed and stared at the wall. "It doesn't matter. I promised him that I'd help him get the girl he's been in love with for over 12 years. I'm not gonna ruin this for him." I said aloud. I looked at the picture of us on my night table and sighed. I didn't want that to change. My phone vibrated and I saw it was a text from Jess. "Hey, is Jamie dating anyone right now?" she sent. "Nope. Why? What's up?" I sent back. I felt a little pang of the green eyed monster building up in my gut. "Oh nothing. I just wanted to know. He's cute. Kinda weird and awkward. Not usually someone I'd go for but he has potential." the message read. "Ha, yeah he does. I'm pretty sure he'll be glad that you said that." I sent. "Would he really? :O Ah, I'll ask him to my party on Monday. Gotta go. Peace girl." I sighed at the message and tossed my phone on the floor.