Awakened

Cupid Code: L is for Love

  "Look what you did to the poor kid!" Mithra scolded, checking Myungsoo's head for any signs of a concussion. The boy's unconscious body was still on the floor, since the two were too lazy to move him elsewhere. 

   Rolling his eyes at his friend's overreacting, Tablo calmly crossed his arms over his chest and sat in his 'throne'.

   Mithra was in charge of anything that had to do with the afterlife, including carrying out the Big Boss's decree on a person's final placement after death. So, in easier terms, if the person is decided to go to Heaven or Hell, he handles that matter. 

     Apparently, Tablo accidentally summoned him when he shouted, "I am not in the mood to deal with a dead body!" And that's how the naggy, bearded man showed up. 

     "You're lucky that he's still breathing, Tablo, or you would be in deep trouble."

      Nag. Nag. Nag. 

     "All I did was gently explain to him what was going on," Tablo defended, feigning innocence.

     "Lying is a sin." Mithra scoffed, not believing his little act.

     "Aish, whatever! Just summon the boys before you leave."

--------------------------------------

         "Oh, he has such nice skin. I must find out which moisturizer he uses."

         "Yah, Sungjong! Stop being a freak!" a boy shouted, slapping away the two hands that were prodding Myungsoo's face.

        "Don't call me a freak, you telephone pole," the feminine owner of the pair of hands sneered back.  

        "You're just jealous that I have a manlier body than you!"

        "Stop bullying me, Sungyeol!"

        "Stupid girl."

        "YAH!" 

        "STOP!" Tablo's voice boomed, startling the bickering boys into silence. "If I hear another word come from either of your mouths, I will suspend your charm-cards. Understand?" 

        At the mention of their charm-cards, the boys immediately nodded, fear written all over their faces.

        "Sunggyu, where are the other three boys?" Tablo asked, massaging his temples and sending a glare to Sungyeol and Sungjong, who were failing at discreetly elbowing each other in the ribs. 

         "You see, what had happened was-"

          Tablo interrupted the small-eyed boy.

         "They're busy flirting with the other female angels, aren't they?"

          Sheepishly scratching his neck, Sunggyu nodded. The older man sighed and rolled his eyes. If it was any other squad of his that was late, he would be absolutely furious, but the team he called for was Infinite, his favorite group of angels that he requested to work for him as cupids. The members of this team consisted of Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol, and Sungjong. 

          Putting the boys' quirky and hyper tendencies aside, they were actually a very hardworking and task-oriented team. They weren't afraid to show their true personalities and honest opinions, even in front of the mighty Tablo. Although Tablo was only appointed a few years ago, not long enough to know all of the boys' pasts in detail, he cared for Infinite dearly. But of course he didn't show it much. If the boys knew he had a soft spot for them, they'd slack off.

         "If they're not here in exactly 10 seconds, I'm taking away any free time they have and loading them with assignments."

          Sunggyu's eyes widened at Tablo's warning and he hurriedly pulled out his charm-card that was red in color and resembled a human's credit card. He closed his eyes for a couple of seconds, muttered some words under his breath, and ran the card through his slightly parted lips. Within seconds, three dumbfounded boys fell from thin air and landed in a heap next to Myungsoo.

           "Thanks a lot, guys. I just wasted a WW," Sunggyu groaned, putting his charm-card back in his pocket.

           The three tardy Infinite members jumped up, fixing their clothes and almost trampling over Myungsoo in the process.

            "Hey, watch out! You almost stepped on that kid on the floor!" Dongwoo shoved Hoya out of the way. Angered, Hoya pushed him right back.

             As he stepped backwards from the force, Dongwoo accidentally stomped on Myungsoo's stomach with his heavy foot.

            "What a bunch of idiots," Woohyun muttered.

            "OOF!" Myungsoo woke from the blow to his abdomen. With a dazed and confused frown, he scanned over the group of males hovering over him with curious stares.

             "Who the hell are all of you?"