The Past (Part III)

Cupid Code: L is for Love

 

         Soojung shook her head, unable to comprehend what she just heard. None of it made sense. She felt tears prick the back of her eyes, but she held them back and drew in a shaky breath before continuing the conversation on the phone. 

         "I think there's a mistake. My father headed to work right after he dropped me off at school. Please check again," Soojung begged, pushing up her glasses. Anxiety started forming in her chest.

        "Soojung-ssi, I am sure that your father did not come. No one has seen Director Lee today and his office is empty," the front-desk lady answered, now slightly annoyed. 

        "Please put Yang-ajussshi on the phone." Soojung turned off the stove, ready to run to the company if she had to.

         "CEO Yang is at a meeting in Busan right now. Please call la-"

         "My father, also one of CEO Yang Hyunsuk's closest friends and your director, is missing right now. Unless you want to be jobless soon, I suggest you transfer the call!" Soojung cut her off, using a commanding tone, different from her usual mild manner. She heard a frustrated sigh from the other end of the phone. 

          "Please hold for just a moment while I transfer the call." 

---------------------------------------------

           A couple hundred miles away from Seoul, CEO Yang Hyunsuk was in a business meeting at a hotel with other company owners when his assistant walked into the conference room, drawing everyone's attention towards her. 

          "CEO Yang, there seems to be an urgent call for you," the assistant notified. Yang Hyunsuk was surprised that there was a matter important enough to interrupt his meeting.

          "Who is it from?"

           "It's Soojung, sir." 

            Yang Hyunsuk wondered why Soojung would need to speak to him. He looked at all the other CEOs and they nodded, excusing him to take the call. He followed his assistant out of the conference room and she gave him the cellphone that was specifically for business calls. He pressed the button to take the call off hold.

            "This is Yang Hyunsuk speaking."

             "Yang-ajusshi!" Soojung said, close to crying.

             "Soojung, what's the matter?" Hyunsuk worriedly asked. She was like a daughter to him and his wife.

              "Appa is missing. No one knows where he is! I'm scared. What if something happened to him?" Soojung started sobbing.

            Hyunsuk knew that Soojung's father wasn't the type to leave without informing someone or make anyone worry, especially his precious daughter.

            "Soojung-ah, just stay calm. Ajusshi will help you find him, okay? Just wait at the company." 

           "Neh," Soojung sniffled and hung up.

          He handed the phone back to his assistant and briskly walked towards the exit of the hotel building with her trying to keep up with him.

          "Sandara, inform the other CEOs that I can't stay for the rest of the meeting and send my apologies. Also, call the family to the company. Tell them it's an emergency," Hyunsuk requested. She nodded and left to do what he said.

----------------------------------------------

            Yang Hyunsuk and the 'family' he called for were all at the company. His group of 5 bodyguards, Big Bang, was conducting different searches for Soojung's father. Psy, Kush, and Teddy were CEOs of partnering companies and all close to him and Director Lee. They were worried and waited for news about their missing friend. In the employees' breakroom, his wife was comforting Soojung along with his best planners and designers, known as Chaerin, Bom, Minzy, and Gummy, and his assistant, Sandara. 

          "Sir, Director Lee's car was found parked in front of the Han River," Jiyong, the lead bodyguard, stated while on the phone with one of the searchers.

          "Where is Director Lee?" Hyunsuk asked, confused as to why he would be there out of all places. Jiyong repeated that question over the phone and listened to the searcher's response. The bodyguard's face grew grim before he stuttered the words that sent everyone's heart in the room dropping to the floor.

          "He was found without a pulse in the driver seat."

          Psy and Kush gasped, shaking their heads. They refused to believe that one of their best friends was just found dead. Teddy had his face buried in the palms of his hands, breathing deeply. Hyunsuk was completely frozen. The bodyguards hung their heads low in grief. Taeyang, a bodyguard with a mohawk, pulled himself together and called for an ambulance to get to Director Lee, holding on to the 0.01% chance that he'd come back to life.

______________________________________________________

      Author's Note: Sorry, but the past is still continuing. There's some important stuff you need to know. I haven't revealed Soojung's father's name for a reason, but I think if I revealed his real name, you wouldn't be able to guess who he is. YG FAMILY CAMEO! Comment & subscribe, please! Or I'll hunt your down.