Where Am I?

Cupid Code: L is for Love

 

       Even through opened eyes, Myungsoo could only see black. The pain, from when he collided against the cement after falling, disappeared. When he reached his hands to feel his face, they went right through his head, as if he was nothing but air. He felt like he was floating. Before he could start freaking out, something from the darkness started tugging at his soul, him out like a vacuum.

       "Ow!" Myungsoo groaned as he landed face-first on cold, marble flooring. His body was solid again. He rolled onto his back and blinked open his eyes, finally able to see something other than pitch black. Staring at the white ceiling, he stretched out his arms and legs, checking for any broken bones or blood stains. There were none.

      *Falling from four stories high was just a dream. But where am I?* He sat up, expecting to see the familiar surrounding of his school. Instead, he found himself in a vast room with intricately designed columns lining the walls on both sides. A confused expression formed on his face as he got to his feet. Grandly placed at the front of the room was a hot-pink, vintage upholstered armchair.

         With furrowed eyebrows, he muttered, "A princess chair?"

         "First of all, this is a throne. And, no, it is not for a princess," an offended voice spoke from behind him, making him jump in surprise. 

         Myungsoo quickly whirled around to come face to face with a man dressed in a white suit with a red, heart patterned tie. With a snap of his fingers, the man disappeared in a cloud of pink smoke that smelled vaguely of chocolates mixed with flowers. 

         "Behind you, kid."

         He turned around to face the direction of the chair again and dropped his jaw, flabbergasted. The man was seated comfortably on his 'throne' with an amused grin.

          "You must be Kim Myungsoo," he stated, scrutinizing the confused boy from head to toe and nodding approvingly.

         Myungsoo was rigid with a surprised, goldfish-like face. *I'm still dreaming. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.* He chanted in his head.

        "Now, before you have a panic attack, listen to what I have to say. Do you any idea where you are right now?" the man inquired.

         "In a very strange dream," he replied, although it seemed like he was reassuring himself. The man chuckled. 

         "Good guess, but you are not in a dream. This is Heaven. Welcome to the Fate and Love Department. I am the Head Cupid Supervisor, or just call me Tablo. I'm supposed to give an introductory speech, but I didn't memorize it ye-"

          "This is insane," Myungsoo scoffed, slightly dazed. "When did my dreams get so odd? Now, if you would be so kind as to send me back to reality, I'd appreciate it. I have a math class, and my teacher wouldn't be happy to find me still asleep on the rooftop." 

            Tablo rolled his eyes. "Fine, I guess it's time for me to send you back. Close your eyes and count to ten." 

            The boy obeyed and tightly screwed his eyes shut. Tablo made a small pebble appear on the palm of his hand. With accurate aim, he pegged the middle of Myungsoo's forehead and smirked when he heard him yelp in pain.

             "Do you still think it's a dream?" Tablo quirked an eyebrow.

             *You shouldn't be able to feel pain in dreams!* Myungsoo's eyes widened. Just to check again, he pinched his arm.

            "Oww!" he winced, but his face quickly paled when his eyes landed on another rock, much larger than the first, in Tablo's hand.

            "Need a little more persuasion?" Tablo asked, tapping his foot impatiently.

             "No," he gulped.

             "Good! As I was saying, you are now in Heaven. If you are wondering why you're here, it's because you're dead- actually, no. You're not quite dead yet."

             "DEAD?!"

             "Let me finish speaking!" the older man snapped, obviously annoyed.

              "YAH! YAH! KIM MYUNGSOO, DON'T YOU DARE FAINT NOW!" 

__________________________________________________

       Author's Note: Late update. Sorry! My French teacher is making us write a 6 page essay. I only know enough French for a paragraph.

        My face when she gave us the assignment: