Falling Hard

Cupid Code: L is for Love

 

    Summer came and went. School started again. Myungsoo was leaning against a tree in the school's courtyard, waiting for the bell to ring for homeroom to start. 

   "Omo! Do you see that hot junior?" a freshman girl squealed loudly to her friend.

    "You mean Kim Myungsoo?" The two started jumping up and down excitedly.

    Myungsoo noticed them and rolled his eyes. How much more obvious could those girls be? He was only standing a couple feet away from them. The newer students, mostly freshmen, obviously didn't know not to approach him. The upperclassmen already learned their lesson last year. 

    If you don't want your heart broken, do NOT grow feelings for Kim Myungsoo. He won't accept any of it, so don't even try. 

    To his annoyance, a clueless girl skipped up to him with a big smile. She started speaking in an overly cheeful voice.

    "Hi! I don't know my way around here. Do you mind showing me? My name i-"

    He cut her off with a scoff. Smirking, he straightened up from where he was leaning and peered down at her with his intimidating eyes.

    "Let me guess. You thought that maybe if we became friends, you'd get a chance with me. Am I right?" he mocked her. Her face turned the color of an apple, proving his accusation to be correct.

     "Here's a little piece of information for you and any other girls that thinks they stand a chance. I, Kim Myungsoo, do not have any interest in any of you at this school. I suggest you find someone else to show you around, because I definitely won't."

     He snorted when the girl ran away with tears falling from embarassment. He didn't feel the least bit sorry. She was just another girl that he had to turn down. Another shattered heart of many more to come. The other students around him stared at the scene, shocked. They couldn't believe someone could be so heartless. Some of the girls that wanted to approach him later changed their minds. But, of course, there were still some foolish ones that wouldn't give up so easily. 

      It didn't matter. They'd learn their lesson sooner or later.

      The bell rang and he headed towards his class, ignoring the murmuring of the nosy people.

------------------------------------

       On the school's rooftop, Myungsoo was gazing out into the clear, blue sky. He'd rather sit on the rooftop than in the rowdy cafeteria during lunch. He could peacefully think to himself without being disturbed. The only person always on his mind was Hanbyul. It's been a year since he last saw her, a very agonizing and empty year. Just like the roses he kept on his bedside table, his heart turned lifeless, dull. 

       The sound of the door opening interrupted the silence. He continued sitting and staring out into space, hoping that the person would see that the roof was occupied and leave.

       "Go away," he growled when he heard light footsteps approaching him. He turned to see who the intruder was and scowled. Infront of him was a familiar-looking girl. She had her arms crossed and a cocky grin on her face.

        "Hello, Myungsoo. Remember me?" she asked in a sickly-sweet voice. He glanced at her name tag.

         *Jung Dami?* Her name rang a bell, but he couldn't remember exactly who she was.

         "No, do I have a reason to?" He raised an eyebrow at her and stood up. After brushing off the back of his pants, he made his way to the door, but she grabbed his arm. Myungsoo roughly yanked his hand out of her hold and glared at her.

          "Relax! I just wanted to talk. Besides, I never got the chance to after you stood me up last year," she said, brushing her hair back in a carefree manner. He furrowed his eyebrows. 

          Now he remembered her. On the first day of his sophomore year, she asked to meet him in the gym to talk about something. And he had forgotten to show up.  

          "Fine, speak. I have things to do."

          Dami shook her head with an amused chuckle.

         "You've changed a lot. What happened to you?"

          "None of your business!" Myungsoo sneered, an image of Hanbyul popping into his head. "Say what you have to say! You're wasting my time."

          Jung Dami didn't have a right to point out how much he changed when she wasn't the same shy girl she used to be. Who would've thought that she'd be so affected by being stood up once?

         "I saw how you rejected that girl earlier. Honestly, I was a little disheartened when you said that you weren't interested in anyone at this school, but I know you were lying. You're waiting for me to confess to you, huh?" She wrapped her arms around him. 

         Myungsoo's eyes widened at how delusional she was and shoved her away, not hard enough to make her fall, but enough to put space between them.

        "You are insane! Stay away from me! I would never like someone like you!" he shouted. Dami let out a crazed laugh, tears streaming from her eyes.

       "Don't joke around, Kim Myungsoo. You're mine."

        He backed away as she kept taking steps closer to him. He felt something hard on his back and realized that it was the metal railing on the edge of the roof. He was cornered. 

        She grabbed his shirt collar and pulled him down to her eye level. There was a maniacal gleam in her eyes. He grabbed her wrists and tried to talk some sense into her.

        "Listen, Dami. I'm sorry, but I don't like you. I have someone I already love. You'll find a guy right for you." 

        Letting go of her grip on his collar, she closed her eyes and turned away from him. Myungsoo heaved a sigh of relief and looked down from the edge of the roof, which was four stories high.  

         *Imagine what would happen if I fell o-*

         "If I can't have you, no one can."

         "What?"

         Dami ran at full speed towards him and rammed her body against his like a professional rugby player. Not expecting the strong force, he stumbled and felt his body go over the railing. Fear enveloped his heart and mind as he plummeted towards the ground. He was too shocked to yell or grab hold of something. He could hear screams and shouts from people below grow louder. Before he hit the ground, he saw Dami climb over the railing and jump. His body slammed onto the hard cement with a loud thump. Excruciating pain took over and liquid started flowing from his head. As he out, he heard another sickening thud beside him.

_____________________________

       Author's Note: Umm. Was this chapter too intense? My bad! Did you guys remember who the crazy girl was? This chapter feels y. Comment & subscribe! 

        Also, a message to the girls at Woolim High...